Sup Forums help me pls

Sup Forums help me pls
I've been struggling with depression for a while, and my grades have been slipping, and I really have no motivation anymore. what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Stoic-Six-Pack-Meditations-Collection/dp/1503259439
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this picture sums up how I feel

Drop out?
Kys?
The worlds your oyster, faggot.

I honestly just don't know what I'd do if I did drop out. I don't want to end up a welfare faggot, or a wage slave.

Get a job.

No, seriously. I have an intern who asked to quit because he lost all the motivation and also wanted to drop out of college.

Not only did I convince him to stay, but doubled his responsabilities.

Also, every day at the end of his shift, I had him report to me his daily life, such as his grades and his attendace at school.

He was gaining weight real fast, so I took him to jog with me twice a week at the beach.

He also wanted to dump his gf because he felt he didn't deserve her, but I managed to convince him otherwise.

It's been a year since I started to demand more from him and he's much better now. Last month, he told me that he was glad that he didn't quit the job, that it was the thing that made him happier in his life and helped him a lot.

The only downside is you become another employee drone that just exists most of the time

Better than being depressed constantly, I guess

Most places aren't like this.
>get real

listen to Tom Leykis. Leykis P1 here since 2001 and he was where I got my inspiration to be successful. Google his name and start listening to his show for free. He'll get you set straight.

Make some friends only to have them stab you in the back

Get in a relationship only to be left more broken than you are now

Get a job you hate

Get money you don't care about

There's no getting out of it user, you just learn to take it after a while

Is there any decent jobs that aren't retail? I'm not great with people. Whenever I see cashiers I always imagine that would just be a nightmare for me.

IT is alright if you have the skill

Most of the time they just leave you be because you're the only one that knows shit

ThIs is a little fucking extreme, but correct.

To put it way more calmly, your skin will grow thick over time and numbness will be your default state.

...which is not all that bad.

Quit being a fucking pussy and man up.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. You put water into a cup it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend.

Drop out of school, find a shitty job, have no time for friends, not that you have any anyway, but you know what I mean.

Blow your brains out at 35.

Shut the fuck up.

>Get in a relationship only to be left more broken than you are now
this hits home

Does this mean broke without money, broken emotionally? OR actually...probably both...damn.

broken emotionally to the point where im in too many pieces to fix

Even if you get yourself back together, you won't be the same

The worst part is when you are desperately lonely but can't trust anyone enough to form a meaningful relationship

Read this: amazon.com/Stoic-Six-Pack-Meditations-Collection/dp/1503259439

Stop being a whiny little pussy and man up.

What is causing you to be so depressed anyway?

edge

>just stop feeling hollow and detached from the rest of the world

the fuck do you think we're trying to do?

its already like that for me i would like to let someone in but theres no point

After finishing 12 base years of school I spent another three years of my life mainly playing video games whilst taking brakes to furiously masturbate to hentai.

I fixed my shitty grades, and a few days ago I just got accepted into a really high level uni.

So what I am saying here is; even if you hit a brick wall that's thicker than a latina's ass, you WILL be able to find your place in this world. Life's full of shit.
We might as well do something instead of nothing, I figured.

Here, OP.

Just because you take a break in your journey doesn't mean you can't ride that horse they call school ever again.

I took a 10 years sabbatical from school with my girlfriend and now i'm a nurse. Life becomes great is you stop worrying about what failed economical you live under.

Your life is not bound to whatever rules or rulers the present time brings. Now live your life like a true freeman and fuck the rules.

>u don't understand the darkness in me
>hollow, detached, writes poetry and stick objects in ass
Like I said, stop being such a little bitch and grow up.

trips answers to dubs...

I think schools been getting to me for years now. I just think that since school started this year its just become to much. Ive thought each school year was terrible since the 7th grade, but its never gotten to the point where my grades go to shit across the board before.

You know how it is, kindurs thinking life is over because they realise how fucking meaningless a single incomplete adolescent life is.

Mama ain't there to tell you how special you are, kinda thing.

I've had Chronic depression since I was 6, I've attempted suicide about 17 times since I was 9. I still struggle with it, Ive been to mental hospitals, thousands of pills, thousands of therapists. I've never really struggled in school though. Running has changed my life, it releases endorphins, you get a addicted, and it's so good for you. Once you start it's hard to stop. If you ever need to talk to someone, I can give you one of my social medias or something. Good luck buddy.

This kind of faggotry is what started "safe spaces"
Kids need to stop suckling the teat and get a dose of reality

I was a happy kid, I don't remember when I changed. I've been doing what I must, not what I want for some time, and every day is a bit harder to leave the bed in the morning. I see life as a sea of sadness you must swim through, and from time to time you find a happy island that let you keep going. She was one of those islands.

Yeah man like if I think hard enough I can just stop having a mental disorder that causes a severe lack of endorphin, serotonin, and serotonin.
No one wants to be like this, what don't you fucking get

Can you elaborate on what makes school miserable for you?

People laughing at you... girls not interested in you... teachers being lame farts?

You need an SSRI, like lexaparo and stimulants, like dextroamphetamine. Also exercise and a full spectrum lamp.

I get what you mean, it's an actual disease. Like cancer, you don't think of it like that but that's the truth.

You think your life's hard?

I can't find the motivation or the social skills necessary to even enroll in college and if I somehow did I wouldn't be able to go because nobody would be down to help me out.

I've applied for thousands of jobs and haven't gotten hired anywhere other than at Taco Bell (fired) and Speedway (quit) despite having a decent looking resume.

I struggle with crippling paranoia and I throw tantrums around my parents who I don't have the courage to get away from because I'm not so sure about my mental and financial stability. The only places for rent in my price range are in the ghetto or literal hours away. I also have random panic attacks, get incredibly confused and can't do drugs because of this.

I keep meeting up with girls off of Tinder and other dating sites that are only able to tolerate me for a few weeks and then they just up and disappear.

My only friend in real life's a guy I've known since the 6th grade who works as a dish washer and plays League of Legends all day. When we chill we go out to eat, go back to his place and he just smokes weed while playing games. If I don't watch him play or I stop talking he gets upset with me and whenever I suggest we go anywhere he makes it apparent he's not interested.

Whenever I eat it's usually shit I have my parents pick up for me that I pay for or a peanut butter sandwich.

I don't have a driver's license despite my 20th birthday being a month away.

The only person who really likes me is some girl I met on the Internet that I've talked with daily for the past month. Problem with that is she's 17 living in Canada.

Basically cheer the fuck up and be glad that your life's not as hilariously pathetic and sad as mine. You're way better off and you'll pull through eventually. I won't, but you will. Take solace i

TL;DR - You need a therapist, badly.

You're just a pussy who needs to grow up, if you actually had a chemical imbalance you would be on medication for it already and it wouldn't be a problem.
You're a transparent drama queen in need of attention.

But there is always help. My point is that whining on the internet and craving attention is a hollow and temporal fix. You need to find things outside your computer. Breath. Talk.

Therapy can help a long way but in the end it's just like Morpheus said, only you can enter the door. Best of luck, and good night.

What made you decide to help him?

>The only places for rent in my price range are in the ghetto or literal hours away.

Have you tried being someone else roommate? You know they pass adds for that somewhere in your local area...

I am on medication.
In fact, if I don't take it for more than about 24 hours I go into crippling amounts of pain and have muscle spasms for a couple hours.
Medication wears off eventually, and when it does you're left exactly as you were, empty and alone.

I saw a ton of psychiatrists, therapists and psychologists from ages 8 to 16. Didn't do any good. In fact it just showed me how that entire field is mainly bullshit.

If I were you I would start doing heroin again

Blaming "the man" never works out. Look for your own flaws and see what you can improve instead of thinking what others could do for you.

>Problem with that is she's 17 living in Canada.

That's a problem... since when? Trust me, people don't give a shit about Americans moving in and dating 17 years old girls in Canada... not even the fathers of said 17 years old girls. I know because i'm a father of a young girl myself

I agree with you on that, OP needs actual help and more than just venting and bitching online will do, but it really doesn't help when someone feels like shit and you just say "fuck you for feeling bad, just stop"

i dropped out at 14, now im 19 and i have left my house like 10 times the last 5 years.
AMA

Then your doctor is retarded and you need to get a new one or you're taking your meds improperly. There is no excuse and you don't get to blame anyone else for your situation, either get your ass in gear to fix it or shut the fuck up.

I think its just that I feel alone. I've never been good at making friends, and it just feels like I'm on my own. Also most of my teachers are assholes; which may or may not be the cause of the entire problem.

>You think your life's hard?

You don't understand depression, but I don't blame you. People think depression is feeling sad about something. Buts not, its a lack of feeling. Imagine having to come up with a reason to get out of bed in the morning. And all the reasons you come up with are countered by a "Who cares, it doesn't really matter". Its compete apathy, or at least it was for me.

OP, you need to find someone to talk to, get it all out there and keep talking. Talk about how you feel now, haw you used to feel and why you think you feel this way. Then talk about where you'd like to be and maybe how to get there.

Depression is a self fueling monster it takes a lot of work but you can beat it. You can be happy and motivated again.

OP here, Im not this guy

Get help. End of story.

are your parents serious?

What do you guys personally do for motivation?

When it comes to college work I just can't seem to get in fucking gear.

serious about what? if they throw me out they know i would kill myself

I know that feeling too. It's pretty bad, but it subsides momentarily if you manage to distract yourself unless anhedonia sneaks up on you too then the only option's to sleep and hope you're okay when you wake up.

Are you balding by any chance?

I take amphetamines and smoke too many cigarettes also I go to the library so theres social pressure to do work.

I only came in here to help OP man, I don't know why you want to direct his posts at me.
I don't blame anyone for my situation because it's no one's fault, just shitty genetics
No medication is perfect, and this is the only one that doesn't fuck me up worse than I am now. There will always be side-effects and it will always wear off at some point

I only came here to try and help OP but fuck me for having a mental disorder right?

Therapy does fucking wonders. I've seen it happen with my brother. Its not taboo anymore, you'll be more than happy if you try it

nope. although I do have bad hair. But I'm in no way balding. Not yet at least.

Be thankful you're not because chances are you have some untapped potential and are capable of living a great life.

Library sounds like a good idea. I've been put on 18mg pills of Ritalin and feel it isn't doing shit for me.

I had a period where I was super depressed about it because i couldn't afford meds to treat it. In all seriousness get a job or help someone out with something small. I have found doing either of these things really helps to take me out of that fucked up loop.

6 more years of this? Sheeit

Does weed help with depression? I've got an addictive personality and am afraid of becoming a washed up piece of shit so I've avoided it.

Full spectrum lamp? Isn't that bs?

Teachers are under-payed in all of the Americas so it's normal for them to be assholes. Don't take it personal, it's just them trying hard to become more self important to society.

Friends in a monetary based system are like grains of sand at the beach; If you have too many it becomes a desert and you don't have any fun at all ever again. The important thing is to enjoy the water and you don't need sand for that. The same can be said about life, you don't really need friends to just swim around.

It's just someone asking me what's wrong.

Here is my advice. you do not need to be happy to live

This, honestly you get used to it pretty quick

Trips of truth.
Thanks user

You should kill yourself