Independence Day 2 will open with less than $50mil. and in #2 position

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4200

Looks like we wont be seeing an Independence Day 3 anytime soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbeslWEyTwg
screenrant.com/ghostbusters-opening-box-office-tracking/
collider.com/crimson-peak-ghostbusters-reboot-china-no-ghost-rule/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so maybe 5 years for the threequel then/

Good

It was shit

>go to kill aliens
>it ain't me starts playing

I literally just paid 20 bucks to see the first movie and walked out before the second even started

This is what they get for dissing Will Smith.

I'm not even sure if I'll download this piece of shit

would do the same, desu
Few cinemas near me held an Indiana Jones Marathon couple of months ago. To just relive that on the big screen is awesome
Skipped 4, though

This dude looks like he'll save the movie's opening night:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbeslWEyTwg

I hope this sequel culture fucking fucks off soon.

>Ghostbusters will open to #1 $125 million
You know it to be true

The imax showings here are sold out but im the only one in the regular showing atm.

that faggot didn't want to be in it..

>Expecting this to be a blockbuster

It's going to be a good summer chill film where you can turn your brain off and be comfy

First movie is complete garbage shlock.
Second is probably is too.

I love Jeff Goldblum, but no one could save this disaster.

Everyone's waiting to see it on Independence Day bro.

give it 20 years
cap this

movies for smart people usually don't do well in the box office
flicks usually make the most money

Please don't meme this into freedomkino, or something similar

This is literally space/america/freedomkino
Name ONE film that is better.

Good!

So fundamentally a BAD movie

The first flick got by on HUMOR, on FUN, on ACTION, on CHARACTER

This one is BLAND BORING and POORLY ACTED

Liam Hemsworth and baby Will Smith are TERRIBLE. The older cast PHONES IT IN.

There is NO ALIENS until 30 minutes into the movie!!

Compare that to the first film, where the FIRST SHOT is aliens!!

Roland Emmerich has learned NOTHING about filmmaking over the decades !!

DO NOT TRUST HIM AGAIN HOLLYWOOD

anyone watch this dreck yet? i'm on the fence. i have sweet nostalgia about the first one and i love watching shit explode but i dunno if this is worth the trouble

It starts in 40 mins for me. Lots of ppl will be posting soon.

>There is NO ALIENS until 30 minutes into the movie!!
WTF are you talking about? you have aliens since almost the beginning...

Mars Attacks sequel when? rewatched the it recently and I liked it more than Independence Day tbqh

Congratulations you paid for two movies and only watched one

Ack aak

Not surprising since 2016 has been a disappointing year for sequels, both in quality and box office. The only exceptions are Finding Dory and Civil War.

>where the FIRST SHOT is aliens!!
Oh (You)

So will the next film be called D-day? Since you know, humans will be attacking this time

>Civil war
>good

Its not even better than Winter Soldier.

loved the first one, but I was 11

never really thought too much about it since then

can anything stop her?

It was the other way around.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for the "let's make a sequel/remake 20 years later for no reason" meme.

That girl is cute.

shutup faggot dont bring classics into this

I believe Ghostbusters will be the end, but it needs to flop really hard.

The reason is banking on nostalgia due to a lack of new ideas.

Why have there been so many fucking flops this summer

it's tracking around 40-50 million right now

>see both movies for the price of one ticket

With Netflix and a billion streaming sources people just don't have to gamble on dogshit movies hoping to find a good one.

What the hell does that even mean?

This type of movies are "pre war" not "post war" or "war fatigue" era, when you have couple of years of peace then you use this crappy shitty propaganda movies to rile up shitheads and prepare them for some war somewhere.

>that president's speech
>that will smith warm welcome of alien on earth
>only thing I think brought people in theaters in first part was sand-people watching White House blown to shit

Yeah, nah, it was OK movie when i was 46, im not that naive now...

screenrant.com/ghostbusters-opening-box-office-tracking/

tracking between $40 to 50 Million.

they're being optimistic here, it'll do worst than Fant4stic

Oh shit this was supposed to be THE summer movie.

>Huntsman 2 underperformed
>TMNT 2 underperformed
>Alice 2 underperformed
>Zoolander 2 underperformed
>X-Men Apocalypse underperformed
>Neighbors 2 underperformed
>Now You See me 2 underperformed

Sequels keep bombing in the US, good thing we have China and yuropoors to save all the shitty movies.

China will can't save this trainwreck, they still the ghost ban in effect.

collider.com/crimson-peak-ghostbusters-reboot-china-no-ghost-rule/

I can totally feel where this guy is coming from. For years I worked a summer job where we would frequently get foreign students to work and get acquainted with conversational English and pocket money in the States before doing a semester or to in College. At first they're still pretty defensive about China but after a while they realize that they aren't constantly breathing in poison and how comparatively laid-back everything is and they can't get enough of it. It's pretty sad, really.

Just saw the movie. It exceeded my expectations but with the material in it they totally could have done something more interesting. For example, the psychic link many people had in anticipation of the large ship was something almost like the beginning of The Call of Cthulhu; if only they had done that a bit more subtly to build up suspense.

The wife's son of Will Smith's character was especially bad. I wanted him to die or at least someone to notice he was his wife's son, not his real son. All the new kids were terrible but the wife's son surpassed the rest

whos the qt to the left?

the qt from It Follows

The Cult of Rotten Tomatoes has never been stronger

Unless its "Certified Fresh" then don't waste your money.

Literally the worst part of the movie, even the queen was better...

Maika Monroe

>cult
DCuck?

thanks user

Liam Hemsworth isn't lead material. Well, at least he's not on Fembusters

Fox Studios

thanks user

The only good part was when the black warlord said "YOU HAVE DA HEART OF A WARRIOR" to John Oliver.
Otherwise this was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen, and not in a fun way, but rather than it just kept dragging on and the script was so awful.

> bieng this retarded
By the way you also supported this shitty sequel, your money speaks louder than your autism

Disney

You say that but I actually do agree with RT a majority of the time.

You realize it exists since the beginning of Hollywood? Maybe you shouldn't watch blockbuster movies in the first place.

I saw the movie I wanted to see and I don't give a fuck where the money goes. About half the people in the theater left after the first movie and didn't bother staying for the second.

Also, it was in 3D. If it was 2D I might have considered staying, but there's no way in hell I'm going to sit through 2 hours of 3D bullshit.

>Civil War whooped ass

>THIS MOVIE COMES OUT ON THE SAME DAY AS #BREXIT

Am I the only one who found the destruction scenes too over the top? Yeah, I know this is an Emmerich movie and an ID4 sequel so people expect huge destruction scenes but they were so big and exaggerate that they look cartoonish and it was laughing at the theater rather than feeling excitement or astounding. When discount Will Smith's mom felt from the collapsing hospital, I thought on Willie E Coyote.

You forgot Alice 2 buddy

I really enjoyed the movie but then again I had just watched jupiter ascending in its entirety so I could jave watched video of Melissa McCarthy fucking Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopie Goldberg and found it bearable.

Alice 2 wasn't one of Disney's big franchises.

Alice 1 was one of the first movies to gross a billion dollars, which was back when it meant something.

Are we talking about Alice in Wonderland with Johnny TooDeep?

True, I went to watch the movie in theaters, and in 3d no less, but purely because I was out of the loop(I still considered Tim Burton as a guy who made Bettlejuice,The Big Fish,Scizorhand and Batman) and Im an huuuge Lewis Carol fag.

Movie disappointed me enormously , but they got my money already.
It wasn't a flop?

>If the predications now are right this will be a victory for real people, a victory for ordinary people, a victory for decent people. We have fought against the multinationals, against the big merchant banks, against big politics, against lies against lies, corruption and deceit and today honesty and decency and belief in nation I think now is going to win.

>We will have done it without having to fight, without a single bullet having been fired.

>I hope this victory brings down this failed projects and brings us to a Europe of sovereign nation states trading together.
>Let’s June the 23rd go down in our history as our independence day resurgence.

That was 6 years ago. Besides, the girls market is monopolized by Frozen. Franchises aren't about the box office, they're about selling toys and related merchandise. The movie is just part of the product.

I liked it. The big shit felt big and I got that nice "humanity fuck yeah" feeling from it. Too much China-pandering though.

>Let's kick some alien butts!
What did he mean by this?

Surprise buttsex

for those that have seen it, who has the most screen time - old cast or new cast?

Both got their fair share.

My waifu
>tfw I know a girl who looks EXACTLY like her but with dark hair

>Too much China-pandering though.
The Chinese pilot is a chick and China hates women, they hate them so much that they kill their daughters during the one child policy. Also, it's implied she's going to fuck a beta faggot, self-insert for the nerd audience. That's fucking horrible from a female perspective.

I didn't say it was good or effective China-pandering, just that the first third of the movie had "China" as every fourth word.

she had dark hair in the Fifth Wave

The new added characters were so unneded and had no impact whatsoever, plus the Waifusphere of interestelar rebel force was fucking awful but the moon-sized planet mining ship hit me in my soft spot

>RT is how people decide on movies now

I dont know how it is worldwide but it seems to be true in the US. BvS is like the only rotten movie to do well, but that had years of capeshit hype thrown in.

It was great how the bigass ship just scraping itself on the moon felt like the aliens dragging their massive dong on humanity's face.

i thought the girl they got was some big star over there

I actually enoyed to watch the not-son of Will Smith suffer, really that character was an ass (specially to the Thor-brother)...

Why was John Oliver in this movie?

The wife's son was so fucking terrible he almost made Thor's brother to look charming by comparison. Almost...

This. I'm willing to bet that the studio is betting on that too.

I had no issues with the first movie.

Then fucking RLM ruined it for me.

I don't mind it but I guess I can see how schlocky it is.

>It wasn't a flop?
Why the fuck would you assume that, especially since it got a sequel?

>Then fucking RLM ruined it for me.
Uh, fucking watching the film itself should ruin it for you. It sucked donkey dick.

It's so weird to me that RLM htes this movie. Yeah, it's stupid and shlocky, but it never pretended to be anything different. It's a feel good movie against an enemy everybody is ok to hate.

Yeah the characters are super broad and not terribly, deep, but so what? They are each pretty unique and fun.

The action is exciting and varied.

The final plan is so stupid, but its fun. It's a groaner War of the Worlds reference that plays fun.

This movie, dare I say it, winks at the audience. It's all good natured shlock and RLM hating it really shocked me. But Mike also hated Escape from New York, so maybe his drinking is giving him brain problems.

Mike works for the Mouse now

>I liked the first movie, but then some guy on the internet told me not to and I listened