S-soccer is growing guys i swear!

>s-soccer is growing guys i swear!

Other urls found in this thread:

sportstvratings.com/tag/new-york-yankees-vs-boston-red-sox-tv-ratings/
autoweek.com/article/formula-one/race-f1-tv-rights-us-revs-nbc-deal-nears-end-road
youtube.com/watch?v=yJw3PsecCwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To be fair the game was at 7 am eastern time, 5 am Pacific on a saturday.

620k viewers for a football game at 5a is very good

Who actually watches NBCSN? 600k is pretty good for divegrass.

game starts at 7:45am est, 645 central, 545 mountain and 445 pacific, no fucking shit it had no viewers

the majority of those people were not from the west coast. nobody here is waking up at 5am on saturday to watch 20 men run around for 90minutes

Post the ratings of the late morning games faggot, then talk

This will be one of the reasons soccer will never be successful in America. The timeframe just doesn't match up, potential fans don't want to get up at 5 AM to watch Tottenham draw against Sunderland

F1 probably draws better numbers and the majority of the races happen at the same time as epl games.

I'd like to see the tv share. Must have been 50/50 with spongbob.

>le 1 billion people watch the Super Bowl guys I swear!

I live on the east coast and I'm still not getting up to see grown men flop their way to a 0-0 draw.

>Implying VT wasn't flopping all over the place

And what's funny is that the Premier League gets more than twice as many viewers than any other soccer league.

Dont most burgers watch football on streams?

>america in charge of not being ridiculously dumb

No. Why would we? NFL games are all network, you don't even need to be able to afford cable to watch them.

Wasn't talking about handegg

Ya, they also have stupid shit like there is a channel that I literally didn't know existed before I tried to watch the last wc qualifying match.

Oh, soccer? There's no need for streams. NBC carries the Premier League, Telemundo/Univision carries Liga MX, and nobody gives a shit about anything else.

They only care about the asian market

Fox tried showing the Bundesliga and it got even worse ratings than the fucking WNBA

Who wants so see buyernwinslol

Liga MX gets better ratings than the eplel

European leagues are boring garbage anyway

It is growing and it is changing "soccer" for the worst

f1 barely manages 200k viewers in the US

I was numb to the fumbles by the fourth one.

thats a bad example. why would anyone watch LELBAYERNWIN league. also most people watch the premier league.

>implying that game was at fucking 7:30am on a saturday and 4:30am on the west coast

thats actually very good and soccer wasnt getting those number even 3+ years ago

That's better than boreball 2bh

sawker is also on tv way more now than it was 3+ years ago

No it isn't. It's not even close. The New York-Boston games on ESPN average 2 million viewers.

sportstvratings.com/tag/new-york-yankees-vs-boston-red-sox-tv-ratings/

I'd watch la liga and epl games if they were on ESPN but they're on random channels like USA and NBCSN which I don't have.

I thought USA and NBCSN were part of most basic cable packages.

>primetime ratings compared to 5-7 am
El Clasico, usually aired in the early afternoon, get's around 2 mil viewers

it doesn't

thats even lower than hokkei games

La Liga is stuck on BeIn, a Qatari channel that practically nobody has. I don't know what they were thinking when they made the deal. El Clasico could easily get 4 million+ viewers if it was on a channel that people actually had.

>F1

Nobody even knows what that is over here. Even the big races average about 500,000 viewers at most.

autoweek.com/article/formula-one/race-f1-tv-rights-us-revs-nbc-deal-nears-end-road

but I was saying soccer wasnt getting this rating for an 8am game.

about 6M people watch baseball every single day

The oil people bought obviously bought the games for a lot of money and gave it all to real and barcelona

USA is, NBCSN isn't. And then there's this issue

>eplel

They should do what they do for the Olympics, put it prime time. Highlights only. A focus on American players. Soft focus, slow motion, and moving sweeping orchestral music.

You should do something about the 6M depressed people in your country.

if only it was as little as 6M

>6M people sleep in front of baseball everyday
FTFY.

I bet little league baseball gets more views that soccer.

I do actually sleep during baseball. I put on CSN and watch a game after working out, pretty comfy. Helps me relax since it is a lowtest sport.

Game of Thrones gets like 2 million viewers a episode and people act like its the biggest hit in the world. TV execs dont care about raw numbers as much as demographics. Soccer has a young, youthful demographic that has a lot of disposable income. Most college football fans are older white men.

The World Cup final had almost 30 million viewers in the US. Only Asians care about the Premier League.

Divegrass fuckers, ask yourself this...

Is it better than luckswing?
Is it better than hilariousracistrerm4basketball?
Is it better than furpuck?

No, obviously not.
I didn't mention Handegg because that goes without saying.

Can't grow the sport by only fake caring about it every four years

Yes

Its growing but it will never seriously crack the big four in numbers except for hockey.

FUCK YOU HOCKEY IS PATRICIAN AS FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU

Shut up sperg, I like hockey, but its clearly the least popular of the big 4

it will never be popular so long as the MLS is shit and for nu male cucks

You don't like Hockey.

Who's your team?

Flyers

Well, that explains everything.

I'm sorry, buddy.

Clearly a well thought out post. Thank you.

Soccer's a niche sport, can't see that changing for a long time because our domestic league isn't sexy or glamorous.

I think the popularity of the EPL and La Liga will keep growing though

sawker in general is for numale cucks who like to sing choir songs and cheer for their favorite bulls.

liga mx gets very high ratings. I'm pretty sure its because the games happen late in the day during the weekend.

Honestly, those numbers are pretty good for a game that was airing at 4:30am here in cali.

Americans should play and watch cricket it's far superior to baseball

I dvr'ed the game because fuck 5:30am, does that count into the ratings?

I think I'd like cricket more if I got to see it in person. Seems like it would be nice to drink and watch it on a good day.

yurosemens on suicide watch

boreball is superior to cricket, pajeet

>Implying that either version of the stick and ball game is of any good.

Baseball is amazing. Being gay about farm systems alone, makes me wet.

>record City vs United cause it was on too early
>90 minutes of action

>watch Monday night football
>see two teams get blown out
>have to wait 10 minutes for commercials to finish before and after a 10 second kick off

tbf the soccer game was better

>is it better than my autistic buzzwords?

Yes

>Baseball
>Amazing.
>Implying that those two words belong in the same fucking universe, whether shitposting or not.

topkek

>Is it better than luckswing?

Yes, because I dont see fat spics swinging a wooden dildo and fall asleep.

>Is it better than hilariousracistrerm4basketball

Yes because Nigger dont dominate. They are overrated and shit, but not of any good.

>Is it better than furpuck?

Debatable, Furpack has fights, actual fights. On Ice.

> didn't mention Handegg because that goes without saying.

Of Course! It goes without saying that Football is better than handegg. Thank you for playing.

hope football never grows in asia and the US tbH. fuck split matchdays and fuck this global brand memery

The game was on at 7 in the morning. 4am on the west coast. Nice bait, OP

And vica versa with NFL in Europe desu.

Hate to break it to you but that's not the reason the NFL will never be popular in Europe

Football will never be majorly popular in Europe because 100% of Europeans will never play the sport in their lives.

Well, there are a variety of reasons, but the time difference is definately key. I'm from the UK and I tried to watch NFL when I was there. Staying up to 3am on a work night was horrific. On Sat/Sun I was out on the lash and not interested in sports.

The times don't add up even if football wasn't so embedded in the UK culture and even if there was a UK NFL team which could complete and had reasonable ticket prices, etc etc.

is there a soccer equivalent to NFL films?

Well that and barely anyone is interested in the actual NFL. People go to see one game a year at Wembley because it's dirt cheap, a novelty and an excuse to get pissed. However Brits would never accept the insane advertising that's prevalent throughout the NFL and all American sports.
Also the NFL is far too stop start to be genuinely entertaining.

Films about the sport? Other than documentaries the only ones I can think of are the GOAL series. They're pretty naff but enjoyable brain deadeners.

>Hate to break it to you but that's not the reason the NFL will never be popular in Europe

European cowards parents would never let their kids play a violent, mans sport. Football will never gain popularity there.

it's happening in 'merica too.

millenial parents shelter their precious little darlings and won't let them play football anymore, cuz muh concussions.

so millenial kids are all soccer princesses nowadays.

there is a reason soccer is booming with the youth and millenial generation.

No one cares about F1. kys faggot.

>Other than documentaries the only ones I can think of are the GOAL series.

I remember those, they were an inspiration to all us latino kids with no future.

>millenial parents shelter their precious little darlings and won't let them play football anymore, cuz muh concussions.
>so millenial kids are all soccer princesses nowadays.

I'm seeing this at all levels of schools now. From Jr. High to High school football.

It will only be a matter of time before the talent drain affects College football and eventually trickle up to the pro level.

I for one, fear for the future of the sport.

Rugby is the superior sport anyway. Requires more fitness, doesn't have pussy pads that only result in stupid injuries and doesn't stop every 10 seconds.

no I'm talking about slow motion in-game artsy footage with overblown orchestral music and sometimes a deep voiced narrator.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJw3PsecCwQ

>European cowards parents would never let their kids play a violent, mans sport

Women's Rugby is more 'violent' than latexegg, you fucking inbred faggot cunt.

Rugby is a joke. stop trying this bullshit meme.

>doesn't have pussy pads that only result in stupid injuries

NFL players are genetic freaks of nature, even compared to athletes in other sports. If they didn't have pads people would literally die.

Well there's end of year DVD'S by clubs and yearly league review DVD's but that's about it.
It has more global appeal and requires overall better fitness and technical skills but sure concussionball is the non meme sport.

lol

Jerrod Hayne, Rugby's player of the year for 5 straight years, can't make the fucking '49ers as a special teams scrub.

Rugby is an absolute joke of a sport.

Good, now we can finally work on being good at a relevant sport.

Man steroids are a hell of a drug. Also you have stupid rules because of the pads and the pads just lead to worse injuries.
The entire sport is a joke.

>Jerrod Hayne, Rugby's player of the year for 5 straight years, can't make the fucking '49ers as a special teams scrub.

It's like club level faggots playing flag football thinking they're tougher than NFL players.

topkek

*RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT*

HBO is a paid subscription for a movie/GoT channel

>Jerrod Hayne, Rugby's player of the year for 5 straight years, can't make the fucking '49ers as a special teams scrub.

What ever happened to that guy?

Did he even play a down in the NFL?