Sup Forums I present you a riddle

Sup Forums I present you a riddle.

You've all heard of knights and knaves -
One path leads to certain death
One path leads to escape
One knight always tells the truth
One always lies
What question can you ask just 1 to find the right path?

But here's the twist:
They do not know anything about one another - so you can't ask one what would the other say.

I've seen the movie. She takes the right one.

>They do not know anything about one another - so you can't ask one what would the other say.
Well there goes the actual answer to this riddle.

"Did Hitler do anything wrong?"

the old riddle yeh

Both cups are poisoned. I've just built up an immunity to it.

The new one has no possible answer, because you took out the one thing that made the old one possible.

nope, it's possible

The solution for the original was, "If I asked the other one which path is the correct path, what would they say?"
Regardless of which one you asked that, they'd respond with the wrong path.
Since the lying one doesn't know the other one tells the truth and the honest one doesn't know the other one lies, there's no longer a solution.

You only get one question though, so you just wasted your one question asking something completely irrelevant.

Well, there's a third one, and he just won't shut the fuck up, even if you don't ask him a question he'll still say which is the right way, so I'd solve it that way.

That's bullshit you say and its not a part of the riddle?

So is your "twist" that makes the riddle unsolvable.

"Will my mother die in her sleep tonight?"

>Ask literally any question that has an obvious, definite answer.
>ask just 1

wrong

Ask either knight:
>Given that truth and life are positive, and lies and death are negative, which of these two doors corresponds to the manner in which you answer questions?

Go through whatever door the knight points to.

>The liar lies

The liar sends you to the one that kills you.

The sad part is, I can tell you had a "Holy shit I'm a genius" moment when you thought this up.

the liar would point toward the death door if he told the truth, but he lies and points toward the escape door

The liar is required to lie, therefore he will point to the one that does not kill you.

The sad part is your reply.

Key word is always. ask them what the other would say anyway since they ALWAYS tell truth/lie

The thing is positive and negative are abstract terms, tell me, what if the liar percieves himself as the positive, and therefor points to the safe door? You're laughing all the way to certain death.

There is a reason the riddle is structured as is and hasn't been changed for centuries, you're basing your "witty question" or abstract thought you dimwitted motherfucker. You literally asked him "What's your door?"

ASK THEM WHAT FUCKING 2+2 IS

And then you're stuck having to guess which door you're picking because you can literally ask them only one question.

I obviously didn't read the one question rule.
I'd rather go with 50/50 then trying to determine who to trust anyways.

just tell the one you're asking about the one truth one lie situation. then ask your question. pwnd

If you don't like that one, here's another solution:

>If someone were to ask you which door leads to escape, which door would you point to?

Truth teller would point to the escape door, and truthfully points to that door.
Liar would point to the death door, but he lies about it and points to the escape door.

No no, he has a point. He's assigning them each a door, the lying one gets the bad door and the honest one gets the good door, so asking them which is their door means the honest one will point to his door while the lying one will point to the honest one's door.

The point of the riddle is to exploit double negatives, which OP's proposed solution does.

Thread\
Also dubs

HmmThe liar can only point towards the death door.
If he would point towards the escape door, he wouldn't be lying.

That's a way to do it.

Another one is to just go the normal way of asking ("what would the other guy...") but phrasing it in a hypothetical way ("imagine there was another guardian who..."). The new riddle is poorly worded and doesnt prevent this trick.

How about simply
"Which door leads to escape?"

Oops, I didn't see the trick in the question.
Good one.

then the liar would lie and point to death, but you wouldn't know because you don't know whether the one you asked was the liar or the truth teller

alright, that one was too easy
next riddle

> truth teller points towards escape
> liar lies and points to doom

Someone forgot to take their antiautism pills