Apparently his sister recorded him dying

Apparently his sister recorded him dying.

Other urls found in this thread:

portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/310873-188976-pacific-university-grad-colin-scott-dies-in-yellowstone-pool
huffingtonpost.com/entry/yellowstone-hot-springs-death-hot-pot_us_582cf703e4b058ce7aa9258f
youtu.be/_V2sBURgUBI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I only hope she has the good sense to post it on the Internet.

nice source cunt

Reminds me of one of the stories in Haunted.

There's accounts of this happening a few times. One story was; a man dove in after his dog and it boiled his skin off and his eyeballs melted from their sockets.

He survived for a few minutes and said something like "I done fucked up badly this time" and then he died. His nerve endings were cooked so he couldn't feel anything tho.

The one where the dude gets his intestines pulled out with a drain at the bottom of a pool?

That's the book but towards the end there is a story about someone falling into a hot spring and the flesh melts right of the bone.

That's true but seems to have gone through a few rounds of exaggeration. He was blinded and though his skin was peeling after he came out, both it and his eyes were still on him.

that actually happens. Most recent was actually a youtube video of the guy explaining how they had to remove some of his intestinal tract because it got eate'd by the drain

>tfw this guy was just trying to fuck his sister

portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/310873-188976-pacific-university-grad-colin-scott-dies-in-yellowstone-pool

I read the story today in a news article here in NZ.

I remember reading that they couldn't retrieve his body because of a storm or something and it just dissolved by the next day...

So if i kill someone and drop them in there on a stormy night will I get away with it?

>pH about the same as vinegar

FUCK!IN!!G!!!!!!!!! PO!S!!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>and the temperature would have been at least 199 degrees, if not higher.

Just googled that and water at that temperature will burn you instantly. So I imagine being submerged in it for a few seconds would be enough to end you.

Vid or gtfo

>Scott graduated summa cum laude from Pacific University May 21 and was one of two psychology majors — out of about 30 — to be named “outstanding senior award” for the psychology department. (Every major highlights an outstanding senior.)
What a dork

Yes

I remember in highschool chem there were strong and weak acids too though.

Ethanoic acid i think is in vinegar right? Anyway i remember vinegar was a weak one.

This

Simply try dissolving something in vinegar and see how long it takes.

his body temp probably went up so quick it immediately made him pass out

While vinegar is not strong enough to dissolve much, it isn't the acid that cause organic break down, it's the water that does all the work. While I have not read any of the articles, and I don't think acid was a major key in this, I believe the sulfuric content and extreme heat would be the major factor at play. Also, I imagine the article is titled/written poorly.

Vinegar has a pH of around 2.4, which is very acidic. But it's strength is about 5%, which is very weak. So the pools are around the same pH, but the strength is probably much higher. Add to that a temperature at almost 200F, and organic material can dissolve very quickly.

Anyone got a decent link to something like this? My search is just brining click bait news sites up. So at the moment I'm thinking this is all fake.

The geothermal features in Hot Springs Basin release large amounts of sulfur. This makes water from the springs so acidic that it has dissolved holes in the pants of people who sit on wet ground.

Also I'd like to add that bones, teeth and articles of clothing would still be present

>be settler
>bring family across ocean to New World
>trek out West for several months
>be hungry, tired, thirsty
>see beautiful shimmering pools of water
>jump in
>die horrible painful death
>last thoughts are of relatives in Europe telling you to stay home and enjoy a nice life with family and friends

I work in the aquatics industry and this is the reason drain covers are made under state or federal law or something. The VGB act (Virginia graham baker) was a little girl that got sucked to a pool drain since it wasn't built to code and her insides were evicerated or suck out her ass. She lived for a few days in the hospital but sounds like absolute torture.

Sulfuric acid (which is they type of acid in the pools) can completely dissolve a body, at room temperature, in two days. At 199F, sulfuric acid becomes far more effective at dissolving minerals and metals, so it could easily dissolve an entire body overnight.

Sulfuric acid can't melt human bones.

>tfw no loli to suck the ass out of

>boiling acid
???

Bush did this too

yep

huffingtonpost.com/entry/yellowstone-hot-springs-death-hot-pot_us_582cf703e4b058ce7aa9258f

>Virginia graham baker
she died from drowning on the scene retard

i wonder if his sister pushed him in

John George Haigh used sulfuric acid to dissolve at least six of his victims in the 1940s. He processed the bodies in a 45-gallon oil drum and reported that the victims dissolved completely in about two days. if he had heated the acid, it would have been faster.

>noting that the pH (acid level) of the pool was about the same pH as vinegar and the temperature would have been at least 199 degrees, if not higher.

vinegar teir acid and 200 degrees (assuming F) is hardly enough to dissolve a body, even in a few days, if not weeks.

nigger faked his death to go start his transition into a tranny.

False.
Sulfuric acid can't melt human bones.

hurhurhurhur

Holy shit you're so much smarter for remembering the tiniest detail to something I could give a fuck about. Thanks mongo mike. The outcome was the irrelevant part of the story. I was bringing up the eviceration point.

>vinegar teir acid
>not understanding basic chemistry
Acids have a pH (potential of hydrogen) and a strength (ability or tendency to lose a proton). While vinegar and sulfuric acid (the acid in the pools) is close enough on pH, vinegar is a very weak acid, while H2SO4 is a strong acid.

>being this mad

You must be fun at family parties

Sf can not destroy bone that easily. You'd have an easier time dissolving a skeletal mass in sodium

Oh, I'm glad you cleared that up. Nice proof, and good job providing sources. Thanks for proving so thoroughly that I am wrong...

I'll just leave this here:

"Researchers, led by Massimo Grillo and Filippo Cascino of the University of Palermo, used pig carcasses as a stand in for human remains (pigs are the most popular replacement for human bodies in forensic tests). They immersed the carcasses in an acid bath and discovered it took days for bodies to dissolve in sulfuric acid. When the researchers added water, cartilage and muscles liquefied within 12 hours, but it still took two days for the bones to vanish. The researchers reported their findings in February during the American Academy of Forensic Sciences’ annual meeting."

That was with room temperature H2SO4. At boiling temperature, it would dissolve bone much more readily. So the story fits reality-- they could have left the body for most of a day, and come back to find it completely dissolved. They did find some personal items, likely made of plastic.

see
It takes two days to completely dissolve a body with H2SO4, but it becomes more effective with heat. So it's plausible and likely that this story is true. Especially since it's been reported on repeatedly, even by Time Magazine.

this is not correct. pH is not the potential of hydrogen. It is the concentration of hydronium ions in solution. Which determines the acidity of the solution. Strong acids dissolve better, yielding lower pH values with lower concentrations. an HCl and H2SO4 soluton having the same pH value are equally acidic and equally corrosive. You just need less H2SO4 than HCl to reach the same pH value.

>Sf can not destroy bone that easily.

Sulfuric acid totally dissolves bone.

Gawddamn! Said in the morning all that was left to fish out was his wallet & flip flops. Just a fucking idiot, deserved it. Signs everywhere, caustic ass fumes and weird mineralization tracks yet he still wanted to fuck around.

If he lived he would've been a Trump voter. Straight dumbfuck and Darwinism/Natural Selection took care of the problem.

Not quite true. Sulphuric acid is diprotonic, which means both hydrogen ions can dissociate. Thats why it takes less Sulphuric acid to make a 1m solution for example compared to hydrochloric acid

not that user, but you probably shouldn't correct somebody for being 'technically incorrect' while also making the rookie mistake of confusing pH with concentration of H+. it's log of concentration, or 'power of H+' as the post you replied said.

But that's only in a Hertnberg V-DAC. Sulphuric has many ionized H49 molecules and with the addition of H2O the bogan spreeling intensifies.

>A star student who graduated from Pacific University in Forest Grove
Not the brightest bunch over at P.U.

>pH
>abbreviation of the Latin: pondus hydrogenii
>translates to: capacity of hydrogen, or potential hydrogen
So you're wrong on that, but
>method of calculating pH:
>pH = - log [H3O+]
>which is based off the molarity
>i.e.: concentration of the hydronium ion in moles per liter
So basically, it's the same thing in the end. One is just the method of determining the other. But pH certainly means potential hydrogen.

>Strong acids dissolve better, yielding lower pH values with lower concentrations.
A strong acid is simply one that will completely ionize in a solution, providing there is a sufficient solvent. The stronger an acid is, the more easily it loses a proton. A weak acid will only partially dissociate.

>caustic ass fumes

The is the name of my new Finnish Death Metal band.

∆P is a bitch.

Okay, I'll admit to guffawing at that...

You made a mistake. You got corrected. Let it be. Stop autisticing all over this site.

yes it can..very easily.
John George Haigh was caught because of some fillings that did not dissolve (they were found in his garden)

it is in a case study of serial killers in Uni if you care to look

Sure..

She got trapped on the drain and drowned. No insides getting sucked out. Now surviving for weeks. That's like 80 percent different from your story.

>Sulfuric acid can't melt human bones.
new meme

Tryhard

>people who study science arguing on Sup Forums
>and we're surprised that there's harassment in the science industry

She got new organs but ultimately died of cancer.
youtu.be/_V2sBURgUBI

There is no need to dissolve the bones in there. They wwould just sink in the hot acid pool and no park ranger would even think about searching the botton for them.

Hydrochloric acid is the best. They still use this in Mexico.

I did not comment on the hydrogen content of the acid.
yes, yes of course it is the log of the concentration. I meant it is a "measure" of the hydronium ion concentration. Calling it the "potential of hydrogen" though is a bit weird for me.

Strong acids completely dissociate yes, but "stronger" the acid "better" the dissociation constant

Shit, my nigga, I love that book.

Yes

what are we to do but go to Sup Forums, a scientists life is miserable, we are not paid enough, relationship potential is abysmal and the work is stressful.

they actually seem respectable, they havent resorted to calling eachother faggots or niggers yet. im impressed.

Acetic acid... and white vinegar is very dilute, maybe five percent.

Putting your arm in a vat of pure acetic acid would not be a wise idea.

>psychology major

No wonder he didn't know not to jump in a boiling pool of acid.

this
i bet they were joking around and she was pushing him in as a joke because she thought "lol it's just like a hottub what could happen" and he fell in and melted
and afterwards she's all "yeah he was just being stupid i tried to warn him"

Psychology degree, not even once.

Depends on your countries laws, I'd imagine as long as no trace of DNA survived you'd be in the clear unless you were dumb enough to confess somehow. But I've also heard that in UK law, just a confession isn't enough to convict someone on. I remember a story of a dude killing his wife and dissolving her in acid and he basically told them "yeah I did it what you gonna do about it?" and there was nothing they could really do. But that might have been in some other euro country, I can't quite remember.

where is the vid

>Calling it the "potential of hydrogen" though is a bit weird
Yeah, the term itself got a bit abstracted from the method used to determine its value. But on a conceptual level, it's basically correct.

>Strong acids completely dissociate yes, but "stronger" the acid "better" the dissociation constant
No argument here, I was just explaining the basics of why acetic acid and sulfuric acid are not equivalents.

thanks for the clarification. I honestly did not know what pH stood for literally. I am a physicist, the potential of hydrogen sounded weird thats all. lol.

>This
I really dislike it when people destroy tragic recordings. It should be archived and be able to be viewed.

>they were dumbfounded by the fact that such a clever guy would do that
>there were no remains to recover
>not realising that his sister could have easily pushed him in with no trace of evidence whatsoever

Now I'm not saying that she did push him in, but if she had an agenda to do so, there's not much immediate evidence to prove it

you had to google that?

So on Sup Forums it's really is fake it until people believe in it, huh?

>psychology major
L O L

Guess it depends on how you define cleverness. Most people who are super intelligent have zero common sense and vice versa. So really just thinking someone would be able to make sound decisions in one situation just because they made sound decisions in other situations wouldn't make sense.

Not really defending him, but look at all the cartoon media that depicts "hot springs" as shit you can just dive into and be fine, when in reality you usually end up dead.

you talking about "Guts"
how could pearl diving go so wrong?

>I done fucked up badly this time
That's funny as fuck if he actually said that

couldn't some kind of scavenger animals pulled out his remains

Quite the darwin award, well done!

I hope she posts on internet

Yeah good thing vultures are impervious to scalding water.

This is how pedophiles should be executed.

And jews

They stink

Someone should write this on his tombstone

we did an experiment in high school where a bone was left in sulphiric acid for a couple of days. after this time it was like rubber, you could tie it in a knot because it was almost completely demineralised.

Sounds like a really eco-friendly way to make cheap rubber. Gotta learn from them native Americans and start getting as much out of our corpses as possible.