I'm bored and want some songs to learn on bass. any of you guys got some? pic related, its the kind of bass i have

I'm bored and want some songs to learn on bass. any of you guys got some? pic related, its the kind of bass i have

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1n19lPvB_Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=ov76s3VqG-U
youtube.com/watch?v=gzoEK545j64
youtube.com/watch?v=SmvG2GZ3S7o
youtube.com/watch?v=vSivtCWBk9g
youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8
youtube.com/watch?v=ECiMhe4E0pI
youtube.com/watch?v=LdpMpfp-J_I
youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7p623CBvI
youtube.com/watch?v=cno20onK9dY
youtube.com/watch?v=vVSn1xindPM
youtube.com/watch?v=bEC8P8MW_VU
youtube.com/watch?v=WFE4znwr8zo
youtube.com/watch?v=L_msILozN1I
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2aIlcPwYU
youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZipHFZTaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm also fairly new to bass as well, so nothing too hard

tornado of souls

Gravity, by A Perfect Circle is a really good practice song and enjoyable to play.

What genre do you have in mind?

Hot crossed buns

any kind, just a song

Dead leaves and the dirty ground

nah man that's too hard

Land of confusion!

Well for me, I play bass too, and I love kinda surf/punk/garage type stuff, so I like to learn fidlar, thee oh sees, the hives, nirvana (almost all songs are super easy) , ty segall, and some Mac demarco if you like more idk softer stuff, but none of those songs are metal whatsoever and ya got a metal bass so idk but really any punk or stuff like that is always easy

Cant go wrong with Acca Dacca

cheers mate

the cure -lovesong
pretty much everything from 'whitest boy alive'

my favorite song to play is this
youtube.com/watch?v=1n19lPvB_Gk
its easy to play and lots of fun

First song I learnt was "Under the bridge - red hot chilli peppers"

I think it's a pretty good place to start

disturbed?

Tho if you actually wanna get gud at bass , play country or blues type stuff, IMO its kinda lame but it'll get you skilled

learn scales and play them
youll be bored as fuck with other peoples songs, except here, heres a good one to learn. it wont be easy at first but you will appreciate yourself more if you learn it
Black Flag - Account for What?
youtube.com/watch?v=ov76s3VqG-U

Its pretty much just a pentatonic scale repeated over. If you liked learning this, check out their instrumental album "The Process of Weeding Out" or the B side of "Family Man" which this song is on.

Oooo that bass line in lovesong is so killer, man

Y don't u just improv over a backing track, that way you'll learn to improv by playing random shit within the key and corresponding minor key

i really didn't expect this to get as many replies as this! thanks guys, it really helps

youtube.com/watch?v=gzoEK545j64

Maxwell murder-rancid

>wants to talk about bass
>post a pic of a Balalaïka

totally forgot about this song

You want easy, but catchy bass-riffs? Then look no further than JANE'S ADDICTION, my friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=SmvG2GZ3S7o

oh yeah and joy division is easy aswell
maybe even too easy. tends to get boring after a while
awesome band nevertheless

youtube.com/watch?v=vSivtCWBk9g

youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8

another song with bootsy on bass

youtube.com/watch?v=ECiMhe4E0pI

youtube.com/watch?v=LdpMpfp-J_I

This'll keep you occupied for a while.

to defy the laws of tradition - primus

i was just about to post this!

good job

> U2 - With or without you
Try that. I've heard it's pretty easy.

dead easy, but great practice

pearl jam - jeremy

napalm death - the silence is deafening. tabs and playthrough found on songsterr

decapitated - spheres of madness, also on songsterr

learn base line from final fantasy two

This. Only way to get laid as bass player.

Hey OP, I play bass for about 10 years now in a couple of bands (post/instrumental rock and post metal.) I can tell you that playing bass is not that hard if you are willing to learn and practice. I can recommend you couple of songs but first I have to know at which level your skills are.

do this op

found edgy 12 year old

Megadeath - Lucretia / Five Magics
Toejam and Earl - Any
Cake - I Will Survive / The Distance
Tool - Schism / Vicarious
Muse - Hysteria
The Sword - Lament of the Auroch
Ghost - Square Hammer
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Symphony X - Domination

Tried to get some variety of difficulty but those are among my favorites.

Bliss by Muse

Seven nation army is pretty easy and I've always found it really fun to play

How is that edgy? That song rules. Best Megadeth album, and one of the most underrated guitar solos in my memory.

For novice players tornado of souls will not go. It's not that hard once you get the hang of the bass guitar in general but if you are new to the instrument then you will have a bad time.

>new to instrument
>tool

You ain't any kind of bass player if you can't play Squeeze Me Macaroni.

youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7p623CBvI

Not a bass player, but this has always seemed like a fun song to play on the bass.

Cake - The Distance
youtube.com/watch?v=cno20onK9dY

Down in the Tube Station at Midnight by the Jam is a fairly easy one. It's just for building your pull-offs and harmonics

懐かしい。。。

RHCP-Californiacation
pretty good song to learn if you're a beginner
youtube.com/watch?v=vVSn1xindPM

Billy Idol - White Wedding. Bassline is pretty solid and it's easy.

its has some really hard parts for a beginner imho

Play this, pretty cool song.
youtube.com/watch?v=bEC8P8MW_VU

hey OP, try this one, it's fun, sounds good and it's not that much complicated, if none at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=WFE4znwr8zo

As a fellow bass player, I find that Tool songs aren't as hard to play as people think. Schism is easy.

well most of them are if you wish to get them down right. especially Vicarious. schism is easy to fuck around with if you have patience and determination.

Vicarious is just about learning how to play 5/4 time. It's not that hard.

Orion by Metallica
Winona's Big Brown Beaver by Primus
Peace Sells by Megadeth
NIB by Black Sabbath
Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straits

These are some really good intermediate songs, other than Orion, all of them aren't very difficult

yeah, imagine yourself when you started playing bass and replace all those for whom the bell tolls, come as you are and similar bass lines that I suppose you have played and toss yourself right in to a fire with a song such as Vicarious. a guy who picked up a bass a few times in his life has no chance to play that song, at least not correctly. schism, stinkfist, pushit are easier to play imo.

Actually, I just restrung my Fender Precision Bass upside down so I can play as a lefty because I'm left handed. It's still not that hard. Maybe I'm just gifted, I dunno.

I've tried that one time even though I'm right handed, it takes couple of hours to adjust. But imagine taking accordion and playing it.. That's how it feels to be a complete novice. Please don't tell me you know how to play accordion :D

I don't, but I do play guitar as well. I find that playing right handed with the strings still upside is almost easier on both guitar and bass. I'm just weird like that I guess.

dude wtf ahahaha
youtube.com/watch?v=L_msILozN1I

Om - Unitive knowledge of the godhead
Learn the lyrics too while you're at it

psyco killer by talking heads has a cool bass line

youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2aIlcPwYU

rtgrsegd

one of these

youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZipHFZTaY

Bad Devil - Devin Townsend

Have to agree with this guy. A beginner bass player shouldn't be working on songs that utilize complex time signatures mixed with a lot of coordination that's developed from learning fundamentals.

OP, if you're still here, while it's fun to learn songs, you should really just focus on the fundamentals. Learn proper hand techniques, learn scales, learn the fretboard. These are just a few of the keys that will unlock bass playing and open up more possibilities in your sound.

But, to answer the question, find any song that's in 4/4 where the bass doesn't do anything other than manuever around the root and fifth. Most bass tracks are like this, and it'll help you understand better the role of a bass player in a band. Songs I could recommend are most Nirvana tunes and most Judas Priest songs. Priest may sound daunting, but the bass player is famously known for really simple, fitting parts. Electric Eye by Priest is a great starter song.

Good luck. Bass is a kick ass instrument.

Weezer - Only In Dreams
Greenday - Longview