>tfw Bill Pullman dies

Do not post anime outside of your containment board
Thank you

>tfw spacewaifusphere started talking

He can come back
right?

I enjoyed it.
One of the better movies I've seen this summer

Just saw it a moment ago, fucking sucked. The acting was warcraft-level of cringe. The only character and actor that stood on his own was Brent Spiner/Dr. Brakish Okun. Brent Spiner even made a couple Star Trek references.

I'd watch the movie where they show the africans hunting aliens in the bush. That guy was alright.

>coalburner

>10 year ground war between African war lords and the ayyliens that we'll never get to see

shit sux, mane

My theater laughed when he volunteered for the suicide mission.

>The world is saved
>Africa reports that their ship landed, not crashed
>It's probably fine
nine years later
>Let's start to prepare for the ten year anniversary of the world's independence
>Africa is still in the middle of a land war with alien invaders
>Should we help?
>Nah

The black dude who played one of the pilots was such a terrible actor. I saw it with a friend and he couldn't stop laughing at the scene where his mom dies.

Yeah they were all terrible. Especially Thor's brother.

I thoroughly enjoyed the warlord who hunts advanced bio-war-armour-suit wearing aliens with a machete like it isn't shit.

The queen was pretty hot

Fucking this, he was awful and so was Liam Hemsworth.

This would've actually been a cool movie and not some boring garbage like we got.
Fuck this movie was so disappointing.

Spoil it for me

youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

It was a like a nod to distract 9

And it pissed me off then too.

"Hey, the world found out about aliens, let's study the ruins and wrecks of their tech and biology from battlefield debris and corpses."
"There are living ones with fully functioning tech in this one place to study / reverse engineer / whatever."
"Meh."

>go to watch resurgence
>angelababy shows up

10/10

I think in some of the promo material they said Africa outright refused aid.

Well, I live under a rock in a cave, so I didn't see any promo stuff. Thanks, that eases my autism ever so slightly.

But they should've mentioned that more specifically, like that line from the original that got cut, where they explain computer operating systems are reverse engineered from the alien ship, and that's why they can upload a laptop virus onto an alien mothership

WELCOME TO EARF

www.warof1996.com

Is it the rise of the millenial kino?

Thanks for the link!

The virus wasn't the retarded part, it was the fact they uploaded it via USB

inb4 hurr durr UNIVERSAL serial bus

I honestly don't remember the specifics of that scene, I just know that the deleted scene made me go "eh, fine, nevermind".

Way too many lines from the first movie made it into the second. Why did it have to be such a crutch for the film? Why couldn't it stand on it's own? They even had the same music from the first movie.

And it tried to be too funny instead of serious and dark like the first film. And that fucking shitty acting, wow.

Looking forward to the sequel.

do the aliens do cool things and run around and be all energetic but the soldiers get tuff with them and they brawl and in the end they destroy the alien mother ship and the hive queen and along the way we learn about who they are and why they are this wway

>We are going to kick some serious alien ass!

Who thought that was a good ending

hadnt humans been studying that downed alien ship in Roswell for decades, and much of our then-current tech was developed from studying it, so it made sense it was compatible? like humans had no computers ever for hundreds of thousands of years, then the ship crashed and a few decades later suddenly we have these amazing computers, derived from alien tech? so it makes sense that we can interface with it? like an ipod interfacing with a state of the art Mac? and that ship goldblum was in was highly modded from the human scientists studying it forever so it makes sense

>independence day sequel comes out on the same day the UK gains back its independence
what are the chances?

>chinese supermodel as weeaboo bait+china pandering pilot character
Try harder than not at all movie

And they're both a disaster.

One alien does ninja flip things while firing a laser machine gun. The African warlord then does some slide shit behind him and cuts him down using his dual wield machetes.

That sounds Ninja Gaiden as fuck

Yeah this one has the aliens use weapons, and fight in ground battles a lot more.

Fighter and alien redesigns are shit though

Nah, the black pilot was the worst. Liam isn't lead material though

And she hook up with a white nerd, weeaboo self-insert

To be fair, he was literally the only new character that was remotely likeable aside from the warlord.

Did you leave the theater wanting to chant U.S.A?

Unlike real nerds he had some kind of game and was just an alpha in a nerd body.

>Fucking African Warlord kills ayylien with machete
>Thor's brother just pisses in front of the aliens
>Old jewman is jewier this time around
>THAT'S MY DAVID
>GET READY FOR A CLOSE ENCOUNTER, BITCH
The movie was so goofy, I loved it

Oh shit also
>WE ARE GOING TO KICK SOME SERIOUS ALIEN ASS

At least she didn't hook up with the nigger. That's the kind of miscalculation I expect from Hollywood

youtube.com/watch?v=Few8kJ0zfnY

I liked it. Independence Day Revenge will be awesome.

How the fuck did he survive?

Now I want an ID vidya where you hunt aliums across the planet.
So XCOM I guess.

A coma for 20 years.

Unless I'm wrong, wasn't he pumped full of bullets by Secret Servicemen?

It doesn't mention how other alien survivors fared, but the shit in Africa was supposedly a brutal 10 year war. The Africans had an insane leader who lost half his population in his crusade to go hand-to-hand with the alien holdouts. It would be entirely different from XCOM.

No it was just the alien. He didn't have a scratch on him. He was just catatonic.

What happened to Adam Baldwin?

He's just not in it for whatever reason. Maybe he retired from the military or something.

Post yfw
"..It was supposed to be sweater"

That might've actually been the only good moment of the entire film.

youtube.com/watch?v=lQ0LBOPZoLI

Did that guy was present in the first film?

>Jeff Goldblum spent the entire first movie pinning after his ex-wife
>Get her back
>Not mentioned on the sequel
Fucking murricans and their obsession with thrills and novelties

It was this guy. They're the same character/same actor.

I don't remember that guy doing anything at all. Why was he promoted to Okun's gay lover? Yeah, Okun didn't have the chance to socialize that much for his work but still. I don't know, I thought Okun was married to science

For a second I though they were going to transfer his consciousness to the virtual world like the aliens in the ball did

Too much meme shit and too many characters.
I honestly wanted that cunt-faced female president, the meme-spouting faggy brother, and that beta cuck who followed David around to fucking die, they were pointless and downright insufferable.
It was actually interesting when that sphere came out of the wormhole, and it looks like there were some good ideas, but I was left feeling disappointed as fuck.
I swear they rushed the last half, the inconsistences were just too much, like why the fuck did several fleet's worth of aliens just give up and run away? Earth had no way of getting rid of that giant ship.

There's a prison full of 1996-era alien refugees and they left them all inside of their bio-mechanical power-armor all of this time? That's like capturing Tony Stark and leaving him in the Ironman suit

You can't give Iron Man a bare fisted haymaker with average human strength and knock him out, their suits aren't all that great, just don't get grabbed.

It's hilarious that Emmerich wanted to make a pro-Hillary campaign with a female president but she ruined everything and the world is saved by a straight white male president who happen to be a general, basically a right wing's wet dream

And someone actually did that again. Alien power suits got upgraded with plot armor and blunt weapon resistance

Didn't they mention that if the queen died the the large ship would have to regroup with other aliens to get a new queen?

>It's hilarious that Emmerich wanted to make a pro-Hillary campaign with a female president

Why the fuck would a German filmmaker care about American politics?

That scene in the bunker where she gets rekt was cringey as fuck.
She says something like 'there will be no pity' like she has a fucking leg to stand on when she has a handful of bodyguards with handguns.
Wew.

She says "no peace" which is what the ayylien in the first movie said to Bill Pullman

It rhymes

Why did the people in the bunker have ballistic handguns and no plasma weapons?

how da'fuck the old jew is able to drive across the country in a school bus in 1 day with heavy traffic???

Makes fuck all sense.
The aliens left on Earth fought hard with kangs for a decade without a queen, so they don't need her to function, and they still had enough numbers and ordinance aboard that giant ship to turn Earth into another asteroid belt if they wanted.
Why didn't one of them assume direct command and just continue drilling?
Why the fuck didn't the queen take more ships with her?
Why were there no reinforcements and just a bunch of drone craft?
Why didn't she actually use the drones to defend herself when those she was being shot at?

Also, fuck Whitmore's daughter too, she acted more like a hormonal teenager than a trained fighter pilot.
Fuck.

There were two groups of alien survivors after the first war: the prisoners in Area 51 and the ones fighting the Africans. Both groups wanted a new queen, but the ones in prison went into stasis because they had nothing to do. The ones in Africa however had to fight for their survival because they were under continual attack.

>The ones in Africa however had to fight for their survival because they were under continual attack
That just proves they don't actually NEED a queen, and are competent fighters on their own.

The bio suits probably keep them from dying to the common cold.

oh lordy lordy lordy

When the mothership in the first movie blew up the ship lost power. The ship regained power when the new mothership entered orbit. That's what the characters said anyway...even if it doesn't make a lot of sense.

RIP THREAD

So the queen is the power source?
Wut?
How'd the ship take off again then?

This is my second big get on Sup Forums.
Noice.

I can't believe they're making nostalgia bait flicks for people born after 1980 now

a hormonal maika monroe is a bad thing?

It's implied that the mothership is the power sauce

There were clearly not enough tits

How great were the gay scenes? It's like Bernie already won the election. Made me proud.

So why'd they stop drilling?