Why is "Iron Maiden" so successful?

Why is "Iron Maiden" so successful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h8IuFl3sMhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because some people like them and buy their albums, go see them in concert etc.

right music at the right time, with the ability to still appeal widely and recruit new fans

Can't deny the guys are talented. Plus, right marketing, appeal to young people, etc.

Because way back when I was 13, I went to my first real rock concert and it was Iron Maiden's World Slavery Tour (height of spectacle rock shows). It was fucking insane: the band was tight and louder than hell, the lights kept moving and formed a massive ankh at one point, there were huge explosions, Eddie came out (12 ft high) and fought with the band, and finally the giant pharaoh-head of Eddie split open and a giant fire-breathing Eddie mummy came out. Also, Twisted Sister was the opening act. It was incredible.

>Only got better and maintained quality.
>One of the best bands live out there
>Other alternatives went shit

Because they appeal to the sort of people who go on this board.

Men who are fat, autistic, balding, aging rapidly, hopelessly single, and so on. And there are millions of cunts like that.

I hate them as a band but you've got to admit they've found a niche.

111, the number of the bitch.

Because they're fucking awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=h8IuFl3sMhk

Fuck you I'm not autistic.

>>Only got better and maintained quality.

Not during time with Blaze Bayley

>Twisted Sister was the opening act
I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Fucking love Twisted fucking Sister.

That sounds like an amazing gig!

+1

What horseshit. Guys who grew up on 80s metal got married, had kids, got their kids into it, and have plenty of hair.
It was great. They came through a few years later (for Seventh Son) with Guns n' Roses as the opening act, just before their first full album came out. '80s concerts were great: Dio, Metallica, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Queensryche, Anthrax, Alice Cooper, Van Halen, Venom, Black Sabbath, Rush, Deep Purple, Ozzy, Motorhead, AC/DC, Judas Priest...

444, the number of the whore

80's black sabbath SUCKS!

only first 4 albums are good

No, see that doesn't make sense because 444 didn't appear in that post ID. Way to newfag, newfag.

Because of Ozzy. /thread

but it rhymes

Sabbath with Dio was different but fantastic. Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules are so much better than Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die (the last two Ozzy-Sabbath albums before Dio replaced him).

...what?

>The Clansman
>Sign of the cross

Blaze had his moments dude

I would have loved to be able to go to this show. Sounds like a great time

because triple axe

They were one of the first metal bands and theyve been around since the 70s. You cant beat the melodies, nobody compares to bruce even in his old age, and steven Harris is tits. As far as right time, they were in it before it was the right time but yeah 80s metal scene helped

>> Spot the millenial

He probably thinks Avenged Sevenfold is da heaviest shit ever