So Sup Forums, what do you think if every person would wake up tomorrow with an IQ of at least 180?

So Sup Forums, what do you think if every person would wake up tomorrow with an IQ of at least 180?

Trump would be fired.

We would reassess the grading scale

I think all of politics would change

standards for the IQ tests must have really slipped

Assholes with a high IQ is a scary proposition

if everyone had an iq of 180, then it would be 100

141 pic related. I know this because I really have no life, AND I'M FINALLY STARTING TO SEE IT TOO!

I was given an IQ test by a psychologist in high school and tested in the 160s. I imagine the 180s wouldn't be a whole hell of a lot different.

but with all emotions aside, don't you think the world would get a big boost in science en the overall developement of humanity?

...huh. underrated post.

(Assuming 180 would therefore be the new standard of intelligence, therefore the IQ baseline would be reset like the Mexican peso or the Chinese yuan pegging itself to the dollar).

Assuming you're implying that 'the dumbest person would be as smart as someone currently rated at 180, and others would increase in intelligence proportionally.'...
A lot would change, and at the same time, nothing would change.

The biggest difference would probably immediately be decreased attendance at churches and similar things. Also, more people would go back to school to learn other trades or go into new / different fields.

Keep in mind, IQ doesn't mean 'how much stuff do you know', it means 'what's your capacity for intelligence and understanding'.

IQ is bullshit, either your brain functions or it doesn't. I know because I've sadly seen both worlds to the extreme.

They would be better at solving logic puzzles and learning programming. Knowing these things does not make you a better person. You could have IQ 190 and be a member of ISIS.

Well I would think a lot, then

like the dollar is pegging to the euro?

Suddenly being an idiot would be an accomplishment

Higher numbers don't always mean greater

Like in Golf or financial Debt the closer you are to zero the better

Underrated post. Also got dubs. Check'd.

No, anyone can be an idiot in an instant even in that world.
It's called marijuana.

Today it takes an IQ of 100 to understand basic logic. The average IQ in the US is 90-100, meaning most have difficulty grasping basic logic.

If suddenly everyones IQ was 180 it would cause dramatic societal upheaval, as people would actually be able to understand concepts like fresh water acidification, coral bleaching, shrinking bio-diversity, media, propaganda, foreign affairs, globalisation, and economics.

It would not take long before conflict immerged between the newly empowered and establishment, but it would give way to the only true conflict of life, the fight against entropy.

But like says;

If everybody would have the understanding, people would drop their beliefs and rel;igious purposes and start being curious, which would help develope the world a lot

i would think you dont know that an iq of 100 is defined as the worldwide average intelligence

Yeah I understand that. It also has a lot to do with how well and how quickly your brain uses and processes the information it's given. And it has to do a lot with problem solving, and being able to solve one problem multiple ways.

For what it's worth, I tested in the 160s and I am an automotive mechanic. I am good at it and make really good money for my age. I do stress out though at my job because 99% of the people in this business are fucking retarded.

I was just imagening, fuck face

Religion and science aren't antonyms, my friend. I've studied both extensively and find religion far more interesting, rewarding, and comforting.

Also, I have a feeling that a great many blacks would suddenly stop stealing shit, dealing drugs, and get actual jobs.

That is not racism; the IQ of many inner city and impoverished blacks is lower than 90. There are also significantly lower intellectual scores in low income white, Asian, Native American, and Hispanic communities but by and large the largest amount of low IQ individuals are statistically black (due in part to lack of educational opportunities and socioeconomic factors like single parent households failing to provide intellectual stimulation at an early age).

Sociological effects across the world would be radically changed - not limited to the Middle East issues. If everyone is intellectually equal, then a great many issues of inequality would be resolved rather quickly.

However, within at least three generations, variations of intellectual capacity would be reintroduced, and similar sociological issues would rise again.

As a person with an IQ of 180, I really would dislike that.

I'm sure there are. I do not, however, think that they're out running bombs to the front line and screaming Allah Akbar. They're more likely to be the ones telling gullible idiots that they'll get 74 virgins if they wear this vest and call this number when they're hanging out in that coffeeshop.

Well as a person with an IQ of 260, I think your pedestrian.

It doesn't make them nice.

Or give them coping skills.

It would be more bad than good I think. Like suddenly giving everyone an Olympic level fitness level. They let it go to waste and misuse it more than anything.

As a person who highly doubts you're a member of Mensa, I think you're full of shit.

but we created the comfort we have now without religion, thus we don;t need religion is we have knowledge

And as someone who knows people with IQ scores over 200, I'm assured that someone who has a higher IQ knows how to use the possessive word "your" and the contraction of "you are" properly, even when autocorrect is enabled on their phone.

Where did all the niggers go?

>mensa
Anyone in Mensa is intelectually inferior to me, so your opinion is not relevant.

As a friend's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate once told me, it must be true if you read it on the internet.

They'd all have an IQ of 100 then.. it's a measurement against averages you fucking tard.

Knowledge isn't a solution to ignorance. Having knowledge without a contextual framework for it is useless. I may know that a server is a computer dedicated to hosting information, but without knowing what kind of information or what reason one would build, host, or maintain a server infrastructure, having that knowledge is useless in of itself beyond trivia.

I had one when I was 13to. I got 141 so that means you're not that much smarter than me either?

I never said I was a member of Mensa. Mostly, it's because I follow the motto of Groucho Marx: I'd never be a member of a club that would have me as a member.

Humanity would be extinct in couple of hours most likely. That is why mutation are favoured by nature and natural selection. Especially mutations that are considered harmful.

Knowledge doesn't create comfort either, so I'm not sure what he is on about.

Wish i can turn back time...
To the good ol dayz....

Nope. And from what I understand IQ doesn't change with age.

Obviously you're not from Mensa. . . I have better things to do than to talk with a moron (which is about anything)

but it would still allow you to see more clear to certain situations and a story about an old man on a cloud is not really acceptable, is it?

It absolutely can, IQ is just how well can you understand a set of logic puzzles. While yes, anyone without education can complete an IQ test, education, experience and personal growth will have a direct impact on your IQ as you age. Just like drugs, alcohol, and disease can decrease it.

knowledge creates technological advancements = comfort

Yeah. Knowing that most of the United States is resting on the Yellowstone Caldera geological system is not helpful to my frame of mind. If it ever decides to go kablooie, the likelihood of a new Ice Age or a massive greenhouse effect is high.

Oh, and almost all of Canada and the United States would be obliterated from the Great Lakes to the lower reaches of the Yukon and Alaska.

And that includes the nuclear waste disposal areas at Hanford and Yucca Mountain, which would likely be dispersed into the atmosphere with enough radioactive material to essentially wipe out most mammalian life within ten years.

Knowing that makes trips to Old Faithful a bit of a downer.

And yet you're on Sup Forums. So that means you certainly do.

Well thats not gonna happen as long as america exists

Allright, OP HERE.

You guys clearly missed the point what I was trying to make. let me rephrase;

What would the impact be on humanity and the world if everyone would wake up tomorrow and be evenly smart as the smartest person on earth?

See this
Knowledge only creates comfort when you decide to stay ignorant. The more you educate yourself about reality, the more we discover, the more terrifying things are.

Examples:

Several space based event could strip life from this planet, some before we could even detect them.

Knowledge developed atomic weapons, the latest horror is the reported nuke that Russia has developed that can destroy a land mass the size of France.

Fun.

See

You really aren't very good at pretending you're smarter than a nigger, are you?

Lots of suicides

so you think it is better to keep the people dumb and ingnorant just so they can live their pity lives untill unpreventable death?

(good explanation i can clearly see you're great IQ)

but don't you think the human intelligence update would last longer and have more eefect?

>It also has a lot to do with how well and how quickly your brain uses and processes the information it's given.
sure sure let em deliver a formula and not statistics, then we can discuss

I don't, personally. But I think trying to force people to face the shittiest parts of life on a daily basis and routinely tell them that their lives are utter shit until they die and remind them of exactly how delicately their lives are balanced on a razor's edge is crueler.

That's why we distract ourselves with drugs, alcohol, sex, procreation, family structures, fantasies, fiction stories, poetry, art, music, philosophy, pets, and travel.

And why you're here on Sup Forums. You're not here for edification of knowledge, you're here to distract yourself from the shitty parts of your life by either delving into the shitty parts of other people's lives, or by laughing at the retarded monkeys eating their own feces in the back of the cage (metaphorically speaking, or even literally. This IS Sup Forums.)

Will I make a happening happen at St Patrick school next monday?

No, just that knowledge does not bring comfort.

Considering the fight against entropy includes surviving the eventual death of the universe, I would say it'll last long enough.

Nothing much would change. People would continue to be astoundingly selfish. It's just that the schemes would be a little bit more complex - a little bit more sinister.

The only viable answer.

Actually, my tested IQ was around 140. I've had some very good education opportunities and the financial wherewithal to get advanced degrees and continuing education. I have also had enough leisure time to read extensively for pleasure and for personal curiosity, and enough disposable income to fund my natural inclinations.

This isn't true of everyone. When I work ten to twelve 16 hour days in a row, I have very little inclination to consume anything weightier than a stupid popcorn movie or formulaic true crime TV show. If I work a 50 hour shift without sleep, I'm more entertained by watching Sesame Street than by reading anything by a Hawking contemporary.

It takes me about a week to engage in anything intellectually challenging after working like that. If you wonder why people who are doctors, lawyers and other jobs that require a high level of education and knowledge sometimes act like complete retards, that should be a clue.

If you are the smartest person in the world but have to work eighteen hours a day just to survive, you're not likely to produce anything of intellectual or societal value past human fertilizer.

Many good things may happen but many bad things. Who knows?

Mass suicide.

You can make somebody smarter but their pride will still be in the way of proper decision making.