Migos - Culture (2017)

Can we talk about this album? This is definitely going to be in my top 10 for this year. This isn't just vapid party music. I think trap is actually maturing and Migos have gotten better for sure. Even Fantano gave this a fairly glowing review.

My favorite trakcs are Bad And Boujee, What The Price, and Out Yo Way.

Other urls found in this thread:

www59.zippyshare.com/v/y2PmlloR/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And this is the difference between 4ailchan's Sup Forums and infinitychan/endchan's

This Sup Forums is simply r/music and at its worst r/hiphopheads, exhibit A being this shit tier thread

it's only February man. Way too early to say top 10.

post your favourite album or stfu you pleb

Could this board get anymore normie and pleb?

It could and it will

It sure is. It's already my first or second trap album so I think it's fair to say, for me, that this album won't be knocked out of my top 10 - despite whatever March - December drops.

I like it alright. It's fucking really fun and it fucking bangs.

he gave it a 7/10, i would not say that's glowing.

I think trap is actually maturing

OP here. I think you both are filthy hivemind plebs who can't branch out from more than a handful of genres. And you're pretentious as fuck. Post your lists of what you listened to in 2015 and 2016.

>I think trap is actually maturing

Hahaha holy shit

forgot my meme pointer
>

>fairly glowing
You're fairly pedantic.

Yeah, it's crazy to think that every genre sounds the same. Just ask electro house how that went.

Culture is shit even by trap standards. There's a difference between having diverse taste and having shit taste. Yours is the latter

You can say it or you can prove it. Name two good trap albums.

>This isn't just vapid party music.

Sure it is, son. Be real with yourself.

They have a great sense of syncopation as a group and this album was surprisingly good and lived up to the hype in a way but "MIGOS" will never be anything more than party music. Nor do they probably want to be, really.

Only white nu-male men will tell you that these guys are culturally substantive. It is fun party music - that's all.

Rodeo and Barter 6

>Only white nu-male men will tell you that these guys are culturally substantive.
It's culturally substantive in that millions of teenagers and young adults listen to it. It has a cultural effect simply because many people listen to and talk about it. I mean, it's not as culturally important as a Stevie Wonder record, but it's popular. Surely that warrants some kind of cultural merit.

You like those albums but can't see the merit in Culture? Really though, did you listen to it?

>It's culturally substantive in that millions of teenagers and young adults listen to it.

This is tangential proselytizing. I was clearly only talking about the product itself.

Fuck off with your errant soapbox shit. I know, dork.

im not the guy you were talking to, i actually like culture lmao

im sorry im just lonely

>caucasians actually listen to migos

tired of this shit slim, even as a black person the songs weren't even good. the songs are mediocre compared to gems by Migos like YRN and NL1. i'm happy migos blew up, but i don't like Bad and Boujee playing and seeing whites badly dance to it neither do i like the cancerous white fanbase that Migos have gained from there clout. Listen to some decent Atlanta rappers like Big Boi, Rocks or even fucking Gucci Mane. Culture will never be top 10 you delusional white trash fucker.

weak bait

I'm confused. I'm still addressing the product, not just the group. By product, you do mean album, don't you, dork?

>blacks having an opinion

Extremely weak bait. Anyone who listens to Migos knows that there are two mixtapes that can be called YRN fuck off. Also, it can be top 10. MY top 10, genius.

Idk I personally find the record too inconsistent. Too many samey tracks, with only a couple stand outs (mainly the ones you mentioned.) I still bump the best tracks from it, but hell no I am not bumping the whole album the rest of the tracks are dulls as fuck.

Blacks are the most hipster race when it comes to music and not in a good way. Why must everything must be everything be underground for you? B&B is a good song and the time in the airwaves helped Migos' popularity. What is your point?

I can respect that opinion. For me, there are more winners than losers on this tracklist so I still like it. Even a song like Deadz, as goofy as it is, is still enjoyable.

>but i don't like Bad and Boujee playing and seeing whites badly dance to it

White people have no sense of rhythm they are going to be badly dancing to whatever the track is regardless. This is a dumb thing to be annoyed over. Just let them have fun in their own way.

>blacks
>on my Sup Forums

What do you even do here?

>I'm confused. I'm still addressing the product, not just the group.

No you weren't you were being a wet blanket.

As per usual I'd imagine.

LOL

What joke were you going for here?

You are posting behind too many proxies of ironic autism. Please explain.

actually really good mixtapes
not an argument
I know nigga, I'm talking about the YRN with Hannah Montana. Your taste is trash regardless
That's why we have Drake and Nikki to feed you shitty garbage so blacks can listen to our own music
B&B is still too overplayed
I come for Nas threads and classic rap threads, Zippy file threads when a album I like drops.

Black people are on Sup Forums? Learn a new thing everyday on this board.

>B&B is still too overplayed

Agreed. It isn't that great either. But this might be some reactionary contrarian shit on my part. Idk.

You posted a picture of Curren$y. As if that's an artist you respected more than Migos. You also berated white people. Well, here I am, as a white person, who also listens to Curren$y.

Hey, keep berating my taste. But until you post examples of your very fine taste in music, I can't take anything you say seriously.

By overplayed, I'm assuming you plebs mean the radio. You guys should maybe just lurk until you get the swing of things.

>You posted a picture of Curren$y. As if that's an artist you respected more than Migos.

Here I was posting a picture because I wanted to post a picture, but I guess I was wrong. I had a super sekrit motive all along!

>You also berated white people.

No I didn't. I said they have no rhythm. Which 99.9% don't. But I also just want them to have fun too.I get how that post might be read into as sarcastic and dismissive, but I wasn't intending it to be.

>You guys should maybe just lurk until you get the swing of things.

I've been posting here since '06. Try again.

You contradict yourself. Decades of skilled white drummers prove you wrong.

Decades of skilled white drummers would still not even comprise .1% of the overall white populace.

I would be contradicting myself if I said 100%. Which I didn't.

Don't get triggered at the truth. What's the point?

lol u guys need to stop being losers and get litty to this shit

The burden of proof is still on you, my man. I would call you an idiot at this point but I want to see what other racist generalizations you can spit.

Thank you, someone gets it.

where's the link senpai

www59.zippyshare.com/v/y2PmlloR/file.html

>The burden of proof is still on you, my man.

You post like a 19 year old that just learned this phrase and overuses it too much. The burden of proof is on me to prove that white people have a comparatively shocking sense of rhythm? Are you serious?

>I want to see what other racist generalizations you can spit.

Lmao are you some kind of liberal SJW bitch that who needs to be lied to about reality all the time? Sniff my musty taint, faggot.

Yes, I'm serious, faggot. You mean dancing alone, and not the other facets of rhythm.. You are claiming that only 1/1000 white people can dance. So prove it.

I'm about as conservative as they come.

>rolling stone tried to destroy their liberal cred releasing a B.A.N. setup interview about Makonnen's faggot ass
>didn't work, they were dabbing with Ellen just this week

kek. fuck rolling stone and fuck that journo Jonah Weiner

>You are claiming that only 1/1000 white people can dance. So prove it.

LOL at you being this triggered. I literally said twice ITT that I just want white people to have fun and I don't even care how they do. I have no hatred for white people, m8. But I outright refuse to placate your delusions and reassure you that white people are good dancers. They aren't.

Cope with your denial you buttvexed spergtron.

I just read it. Wow, what was he thinking? Rolling Stone trying to stir some shit up.

That's about as true a statement as saying black people are ugly. Sure, it's statistically probably, but it's still only a generalization.

The funniest part about all of this is that 100% guaranteed you don't have any rhythm yourself.

You literally are the exact person I am talking about and you can't deal with this because it clashes with your ethno-nat agenda and you hate the though of white people being comparatively lame in some regard. Even if it's over something absolutely benign and harmless. You still can't cope with it. So you are lying to yourself about reality to reaffirm your personal delusions like a fuckin SJW woman.

You can't even dance yourself, you dork. Be honest. You know you can't. That is why you are so triggered right now. And who even cares if you can't? The world keeps turning. It doesn't matter. Just stop being so transparent over this. Damn.

They will never emulate the rawness of Young Rich Niggas again

You are actually wrong. I played in percussion in school. I have natural rhythm. And get this, dude. I'm not just white.

yes it's rolling stone's fault that quavo hits women it all makes sense

Two good songs: The album

>pic related is
>Bangers: The album

As much as I love that mixtape, it has a lot of flaws. I don't think many songs outside of Versace and a couple more I can't think of are really that raw. Culture has a lot more quality bangers.

Culture is trash compared to Rodeo

tfw i dance better than you user

>accuses others of being in a hivemind
>listens to migos

Didn't know he beat women but this is unrelated to that, to be honest.

>And get this, dude. I'm not just white.

Fair enough.

But there is an important delineation here I think - white people CAN have amazing rhythm but it typically needs to be cultivated in schooling and instruction. Dancing, musicianship etc.

They don't have any spontaneous sense of rhythm outside of that though.

You rly don't though.

>what was this journalist thinking by reporting on the people that he was assigned to report on?
it boggles my mind too user

>Rich Then Famous
>FEMA
>China Town
>Adios
>Bando
>Chirpin
>We Ready
>Hannah Montana

Versace isn't even the best track you pleb

>I played in percussion in school. I have natural rhythm

percussionists have the worst internal rhythm because it's all externalised through movement. you don't know shit.

I think Rodeo is better but they have different moods. Rodeo is more contemplative and reclusive while Culture is more lively and less serious.

>doesnt't think he's part of the hivemind
>is part of the hivemind]
>posts a fucking Bugs Bunny picture

Dude, you're honestly just fucking wrong. Yeah, rhythmic patterns can be taught but rhythm itself can't be taught. It is inherrent in a person. Percussion is not something you can just sign up for in school - you have to test for it. They put sticks in your hands and make you repeat very simple drum patterns back. Most people fail at this because they have no rhythm, not because they weren't taught it but because they were not given it.

i'm in NY and i'm tall, handsome, a quarter english (mother's side) and lily-white. see me outside the brooklyn public library at midnight tonight (i'll have a metre square of cardboard with me and a beats pill) and i will subject you to the rawest dance beatdown of your miserable life. you can even choose all the tracks.

having a sense of rhythm =/= being good at dancing

I can't dance for shit, but I can double track guitars pretty well. Compare that to your average concert croud who can't even clap in time.

>and a beats pill

fucken kek'd

ok dis broscience

Some details should be left out. "That's fucked up" can be mean a lot of things and while I agree that they probably do actually mean it's fucked up that he's gay, and they are now just covering their ass, it cant't be proven that that is what they actually think. So it should be left out for those reasons, in my opinion.

I never said it was the best track, just the strongest banger. Those songs are good but not great, like most of the ones on Culture. I really do love that mixtape (was just working out to it a couple of weeks ago) but the production on Culture is so much better.

LMFAO what the fuck does that even mean? How else would one display rhythmic prowess except through "external" means? Congratulations for writing the dumbest shit I've read all week.

user, don't try to accuse me of being in a hivemind. you listen to a group of vevo rappers marketed to you aggressively by "organic" instagram memes, a group which appears on every major tv show delivering their sanitized one-note hip hop to audiences of awkwardly bopping moms. liking migos is like liking one direction

Liking EXCLUSIVELY Migos and other miscellaneous party music would be hiveminded. Assuming I only listen to said music is hiveminded. Not understanding the concept of someone listening to Migos as well as other more "high-brow" music is hiveminded. You are part of the hivemind. Fuck off, bee.

>I can't dance for shit, but I can double track guitars pretty well.

My last post you linked actually addressed this. At at the very highest echelons (after ridiculous amounts of formalist training) white people probably have the greatest sense of rhythm. So I'm not on some racial tirade right now. I'm just saying overall their spontaneous sense of rhythm as a people is not much of anything in comparison.

These aren't even controversial things that I'm saying btw. Why are you guys so annoyed by these basic elements of social life.

>see me outside the brooklyn public library at midnight tonight (i'll have a metre square of cardboard with me and a beats pill) and i will subject you to the rawest dance beatdown of your miserable life. you can even choose all the tracks

I was just joking I take it all back I lost two of my best friends this way and I don't want to go out in such a violent way myself. S-s-sorry.

>Some details should be left out
don't be a retard
yeah technically the makonnen thing could have been brought up and offset could've said "i'm going to shoot a nigga" but since he didn't mention makonnen by name there he's got plausible deniabiltiy and therefore the statement could really mean a lot of things and should have been left out, right! can't be proven that he actually wants to shoot makonnen cuz he didn't say it directly!

fuck you man

if you want to pretend to yourself that your boyband aren't scumbags then thats up to you but this is a rare example of a music journalist not actually spinning something until it's dizzy. they're just idiots and can't stop implicating themselves

Someone like a clarinetist will have far superior internal rhythm to that of a percussionist. In an orchestral setting(those led by good conductors anyway) won't allow stuff like foot tapping because more often than not your external rhythm is completely off. You don't learn internal rhythm by foot tapping, in fact you have to resist against it. That's why percussionists rarely develop good internal rhythm, because their job in an orchestra is basically foot tapping and they never learn to feel the rhythm internally.

Now you're implying they actually have a desire to shoot him. Wow. Good job deducing that motive, buddy.

pressing clarinet keys isn't "externalizing through movement?" or do real rhythm pros play it with their mind

>pressing clarinet keys isn't "externalizing through movement?"

it is, but not in the sense that hitting a drum is or bowing a violin is. these are much great movements so you feel it as a rhythm via your body than your internal pulse.

Basically woodwind players have best internal rhythm, then brass, strings, percussion.

More Sup Forums horseshit spilling over to Sup Forums.

I actually understand what you mean now. I'm not sure I agree with the idea that excellent orchestras are led only by the conductor and that a percussionist will have learned how to resist foot tapping as a means of keeping tempo and are solely dependent on the conductor for rhythm. But it is an interesting idea.

Well the traditionally idea of an orchestra is that the rhythm is led by the conductor. The best percussionists I know can keep rhythm through very subtle head nodding at most. The problem with foot tapping is that it puts off everyone else because 9 times out of 10, you don't have the right rhythm.

>The best percussionists I know can keep rhythm through very subtle head nodding at most
Huh, I should start doing this. Yeah, the conductor is the master, or maestro. Definitely right about that.

you will really feel it improve your sense of rhythm because you won't be listening out for when you think the beat is, you'll just intuitively feel it.

no im not, are you braindead
im following your shitty logic that is unless everything said by a given person is directly qualified we can never work out what they mean

really going hard on this excusing homophobes thing

T-Shirt and Get Right Witcha are the best tracks though

But I'm not excusing them - I explicitly called them out on it. Let's both relax and realizer we are both misunderstanding each other. To be honest, I don't care enough to reread your post to understand what you meant. I'll admit I was probably wrong. Whatever.

Yeah, most of my friends think T-Shirt is the best track. Get Right Witcha is great, just like pretty much every song.

>I hate seeing white people dance badly
>listen to big boi
>guuci mane
My man if you don't think white people are dancing badly to B.O.B and Lemonade RIGHT NOW you're delusional

And there are aging black women nodding their heads to Luther Vandross alone at this very moment.

Its like Asap Ferg's Tap Lord of 2017
It will get a lot of replay value. But will ultimately be forgotten.

I'm just saying if white people dancing to a black artist's music pisses you off that much you probably should listen exclusively to field recordings and ambient made by black artists

LOL you're not responding to the person you think they are. I, OP, think race has no relevance to what a person listenes to, only culture does. Get it? Culture? Y'all better start laughing.

damn

>I think trap is actually maturing

Trap is not a fucking genre its an aesthetic. You can argue its an urban sound but its been used from southern hip hop to RnB and Soul and IDM/ EDM. Stop sounding like youre twelve.
Sampha had the better album with a set of trap beats on it imo

>Rodeo is more contemplative and reclusive
what did he mean by this?

anyway

rodeo was art trap and has not been topped
culture was a fun album, a few misses (brown paper bag, big on big, all ass), usual good migos songs, and good approaches towards art trap (what the price, kelly price, out yo way)

This is one of the most successful bait threads here I've seen in a long time. Just think, guys. We could be having actual discussions about hip hop instead of this!

Reminder: hip hop, let alone trap, isn't music. It's unstructured, lyricless, vapid noise full of niger babble that, scientifically proven, never contributed to anything that society truly needs.

As a person with a high IQ and a particularly refined tastes in the arts, I can assure all of your blatant idiocy and utter ignorance to the true nature of beauty. Modern "art" and popular culture is nothing but intellectual garbage that you faggots think are in some way good. You are nothing to me but the shit of a dog on the street. Rap is nothing but a disgrace to true artistry. Fuck you.

-The Truth Revolt

Posts like these should be a bannable offense.