How many listens before it clicked for you, or are you still unable to appreciate its brilliance?

How many listens before it clicked for you, or are you still unable to appreciate its brilliance?

It took me about 6-8 full plays.

I don't listen to memerock

i just enjoyed first listen
dad was like "what is this shit?" can't blame him

I still don't like it. Listened to it numerous times. Yes, I understand the sheer amount of technical skill that went into composing and performing this record, and I understand how much of a grueling process it was making the record, but I still just don't like it and cannot see the appeal.

But whatever, to each their own, right?

Got to the end part of the first song

somewhat enjoyed it but never """"""""clicked"""""""" for me

yup, same here. thanks for typing it out for me user

I don't force myself to enjoy meme music

i listened to it. got no meaning out of it but was entertained and found some of the grooves interesting but would not listen again unless with a friend.

>But whatever, to each their own, right?
This is the correct attitude to have

Only listened once. It was enjoyable, but rather boring.

>he doesn't create an autistic psychological profile of people because they like a record
>he doesn't assume fellow anons have crippling, highly specific character flaws because they happen to disagree
Get on my

L E V E L
E
V
E
L

my feet hurt

About 3-4 spaced plays

John Frusciante is a huge Zoot Horn Rollo fan and he kinda got me into it

second or third try i was hooked. 10/10

4 or 5
i really had to focus on the instrumental progressions

you did try, don't feel bad

This album clicked for me more than once. Just when I thought I "got it" I would listen to it a few more times and it would sound completely different.

That's an interesting way of still posturing like you're better than him because you like this record

honestly for me it took listening to it in bits and pieces first
i split it up into 5 sections and went back after each part made more sense and that worked for me

2nd or 3rd listen but I still enjoyed it on my first

None. I liked the noisy jams but hated the blues stuff from the first listen, and it never changes

1. Compared to the likes of Twin Infinitives and Lorca, it's one of the most accessible records on Scaruffi's top 25. If you think it's a difficult album, you have no musical inclination and a two digit IQ.

>Lorca
>Difficult

seems like you're the guy with 2 digit IQ

More difficult than TMR. You must not know much (if any) music theory.

i know some music theory and tmr is far more difficult

Only non-musicians who think they have some higher understanding of what complexity in music is fool themselves into liking this.

It isn't, but keep LARPing embryo.

the only difficult thing on that album are the vocals

Like 2 or 3. I was surprised at how quickly it clicked for me, because before this album, the weirdest thing I had listened to was probably Tom Waits.

Honestly it only has a couple of interesting songs like Ella Guru and Midnight in Vermont but as a album just doesn't make it

unironically first or second

ironically sixth

someone please explain this clicking meme to me

>Ella Guru and *Moonlight on* Vermont
>The two most accessible pieces on the album.

PLEB
L
E
B

I still listen to TMR the whole way through daily in a single sitting.

The only thing I understood was that he feels bad for the Jews. Can someone explain what fast and bulbous means?

My first 20 listens I didn't get it and thought it was the worst thing i'd ever heard. After another 20 listens it started growing on me and I started to enjoy parts of it. After my 100th listen it finally clicked on me on why it's so brilliant. After that I never listened again because I was sick of listening to it.