Underrated Films?

Is Equilibrium worth watching?

I totally forgot about it; and as zany as the plot sounds, it looks like it could be good.

Also an underrated films thread in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/luubWjn2rA4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's alright, you may as well watch it

Yea its Fahrenheit 451 with gunfu

The plot points are almost painfully derivative, but it is still a fun movie.

it's okay but not exactly underrated.

I'll get this thread going for real. 'Stars In My Crown.' The poster's incredibly misleading but it's a great movie about a preacher introducing the will of god to a somewhat rough but nice at heart town. Armond White called it superior to To Kill A Mockingbird. Is it? You decide.

Enjoyable if unremarkable

Sorry, forgot the poster

It's honestly worth watching simply for the over the top gunfu.

More underrated stuff coming through. Lucio Fulci's 'Gates of Hell' trilogy are three of the best zombie movies you'll ever see that weren't touched by George Romero.

City of the Living Dead has gore effects that are legitimately sickening and some very effective atmosphere and scary stuff.

Constantine

Second one, The Beyond. Great soundtrack, beautiful leading actors (Catriona MacColl is in all three but stars in this one), bizarre happenings and some really great looking shots. This one might be my favourite zombie movie outside of George Romero's original trilogy.

Last Gates of Hell entry, House by the Cemetery. This one's probably the most conventional of the three but it's really well done all over. This one's a bit different as it's more of a supernatural slasher movie than a traditional zombie story, but it's really interesting and scary.

Thank you, user. Checking this out!!

Italian horror films definitely creep me out the most..

I dunno what it is but when it comes to darkness, the Italians can really put together an 'intimately evil' atmosphere, all the way to the soundtrack.

I feel posting more stuff.

Scorpion Female Prisoner 701

I don't know if this one's exactly underrated or just not that widely known outside of Japan but it's awesome. It looks really cool and takes a look at the darker side of femininity and relationships between women. It's also crazy and entertaining as hell all the way through and one of my favourite prison movies, and I like a lot of prison movies.

Speaking of prison movies, Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky is another great one. It's got solid kung-fu, a story that's too simple and sincere to possibly dislike and some of the most mindblowingly absurd violence you'll ever see in a movie. This combined with the goofy as hell English dub makes the movie an interesting action piece as well as a really funny comedy.

Phantom of the Paradise. This movie is the better Rocky Horror Picture Show. Directed by Brian De Palma and scored by and starring a future Best Album grammy winner this movie is just great on every level. The songs are varied and all fantastic, the visuals are some of De Palma's best stuff and the cast is awesome. Rocky Horror I think is a bit dull after a while but this one gets better every time.

youtu.be/luubWjn2rA4

>***/5
Hidalgo deserved better

its watchable in that way where you come home drunk as fuck and its on the tv and your too lazy to change the channel. as for under rated movies fucking LifeForce is one of the best sci fi movies no one talks about. and dem tits oooo golly...

ive been fucking trying to find a stream for this for years. I may have to buy it FUUUUCK!

Pretty sure all of the Scorpion movies are just on kat user. you need to get good at torrenting if you want to be a true kinomaster.

Agreed, Hidalgo was a blast.

this movie was underrated? Fuck, audiences were always pleb

It's got a pretty powerful cult following in a few places. I think I remember reading that this one theater in Canada has pretty much devoted itself to the movie and shows it every year and even got the cast down one time recently.

Why does everybody hate this movie?
It's an enjoyable gory action movie.

I found it to be fun as fuck. Also, with the Brexit taking shape, it will soon become insightful and visionnary anticipation.

Bretty gud. Though a lot of the CGI has aged like milk.

It's a pretty good movie to show at parties. I just throw it on in the background and people have fun. It's gone well and without incident everytime.

The Giver is better.

It's not very good though. It feels amateurish all over, like a slightly worse Robert Rodriguez movie.

Repo Man

thats a cute pupper

>Based on a true story

city of the living dead literally has nothing happening 90% of the movie.

my nigga

Redbelt
Brick
Eastern Promises

always felt like they deserved more love

it's what inspired john wick

Dark City
The Thirteenth Floor

I agree. It is one of Fulci's weaker offerings. The Beyond, House by the Cemetery and The New York Ripper are his best. Everyone loves Zombie, but it is also just not as good as the three I mentioned and has the same thing going on (nothing happens for 90% of it).

KEKNO

Mostly overlooked by plebs, if you want to call that underrated.

The Guest. Fantastic soundtrack also.

7 of those are pleb trash.

>antichrist

Justno

it's definitely entertaining if you can get beyond the obvious plot holes

plus the sean bean reading yates scene is great

>Eastern Promises
This!

>that fucking tension when they hang the pig

Forgot to say that they're also pleb filters by design.

It's not underrated though. It's a cult classic.

It's good, but a B-movie good.