Americans, how is Boston like?

Americans, how is Boston like?

Comfy places, people are assholes if you arent american and really big assholes if you arent from boston. Good food and high crime

It's okay for tourism; you can see the historical stuff and eat seafood and so on.

It's an expensive place to actually live, and traffic is quite bad if you have to drive.

The good: educated population so low crime, decent employment rate, whites people, not as liberal as reddit portrays it to be

The bad: literally the worst possible location on the continent to colonize. Brutal winters, African summers, humid, shit roads, shit infrastructure, densely populated with zero possibility of expansion, architecture is all ancient and really lacking modern touch to it

I'm in Boston right now.

It's a nice city with a historical kind of feel. Much smaller than NYC but also with more character. Not as much historical flavor as Philly.

Overall pretty comfy.

I can answer specifics.

>I can answer specifics.
Is there any discrepancy between the length of each of your arms?

Unlike most American cities it predates the grid design, so roads are twisty and terrible to drive. Aside from that, is an alright city, but nothing particularly special. If you want to see a historical North American city, visit Quebec or New Orleans instead. Only visor new Orleans if you can handle decay and violence, but it has an interesting culture, history, and aesthetic.

Been considering moving there. How easy would you say it is to get shitty, just-doing-this-to-pay-the-bills job there to tide one over while searching for real work?

Why do people always call people from Massachussets assholes?

>architecture is all ancient and really lacking modern touch to it
That's not bad

How is the people around there (emotionally and physically)?

What is your "real work"? Or will generally be more expensive than southern cities.

Da wahst acksent o' da whaal caantry

Research stuff. I have a Neuroscience Masters, but I might I well have a Lit degree for all the work that gets you down here.

>Why do people always call people from Massachussets assholes?

Massholes are notoriously rude

>How is the people around there (emotionally and physically)?

Sixth least fat state in the union, so that's something.

Rude, cocky, keep to themselves.
Basically mini europeans.

>Why do people call massholes massholes?
Because they're stereotyped as being rude, agressive drivers, and talk too loud in public. It's mostly because Boston is a larger city than those in NH and CT, so their behavior is different from those that live in less concentrated places. They also seem to think being from Boston or massachusetts makes them better than the people of the surrounding states.

Mostly though, it's because to survive Boston traffic you need to be agressive and that aggression is seen as rude in surrounding states where it's not necessary to be so reckless and assertive. If someone is being a dick and you check their license plate and see massachusetts, the confirmation bias goes to work.

It's not our fault though. This entire region is built on re-paved horse trails with absolutely zero consideration for any sort of efficiency. It's all complete shit. There is no correct way to drive here. The people and culture is generally good - the location is just terrible.

You can probably survive. Boston area is probably great for your field of work, but a lot of the commuters live over the border in NH due to cheaper cost of living. It's probably better for you to live in Boston for ease of access until you know where you'll be working.

>They also seem to think being from Boston or massachusetts makes them better than the people of the surrounding states.
They aren't wrong

I live in Boston, and am originally from Mass, lots of young people since theres a bunch of good schools in the area. Emotionally and physically, people are well off (no issues I can think of). Where are you planning on going in Boston?

Winthrop

Winthrop isn't bad. I grew up living in both boston and Ireland so I'd say if you're not used to america, boston is a great transition city from Europe

have you seen my flag m8?

Massfag here. It's like a cozy (much) smaller less pricey New York. But also more white. Lots of history. Kind of wish I had chosen to gone to college here rather than the smaller new england city I did, I love Boston.

Oh wow, it's been a long day jamal

Everyone's IRISH

>Why do people always call people from Massachussets assholes?
they dislike anyone who isn't a local. they also dislike locals. any small conflict gets escalated into a fight.

I know they're very traditional Americans, and super proud of their history, probably the reason why other Americans describe them as rude or xenophobic. One of my friends move to Boston about a decade ago, she became such an American patriot people don't even recognize her anymore. She completely forgot about the life she had here anyway.

We are FULL.

Does she still live there? does she need a bf?

fucking shithole

It's a good city but the climate doesn't suit everyone.

Rest of the country is full of assholes that don't know basic politeness and would rather spread viscous rumors and gossip than realize they're antagonistic people and no stranger gives a shit about their second cousin's trip to Paris.

She does but she's ~35 now and married with kids. Funny thing is she's not really my friend anymore because when she obtained American citizenship she cut contact with everyone she knew in Brazil and her mother told us she had renounced her Brazilian citizenship and even managed to legally change her place of birth to the USA.

lusophone colony