How do you guys deal with being alone in this world? Does it ever get better? I have friends, family, roommates...

How do you guys deal with being alone in this world? Does it ever get better? I have friends, family, roommates... But I'm genuinely lonely on the inside, and no one really knows about it. I put on a fake smile every day and I'm just plain sick of it. I don't even have that bad of a life, yet it feels like I am so fucking alone all the time.

Anyone else feel like this?

I deal with it by drinking way too fucking much alcohol... smoking weed and watching endless TV series that I can lose myself in... and sitting on social media giving me the false sense of being surrounded by people.

ketamine

I devote my life to science. I study everything about the mind and the way it works. It gets better when you work towards an objective, research has literally saved my life. On the other hand, I tend to focus too much on it, I devote a lot of my time to it, so it's very difficult to find time for other things
You'll find people like you, not a lot for one or two, and you'll get along naturally. But they will have their issues, like sociopathy for example
Find an objective, work towards it, and don't stop

this

I love my "Alone time".
People are annoying.

you are a pussy. thats why your life sucks

pretty lonely too to be honest family

a girl im interested in is torn between me and some other dude, ive been getting fit and playing music more to try and make her realize im better than this other dude. she had already said she feels more comfortable around me than him. but the days i dont spend with her i think about her alot and i miss her. its really hard. even when i hang out with my friends, i still think about her and get lonely. i just drink, smoke weed, and take sleeping pills; usually all three at the same time multiple times throughout the day.

not saying thats the best thing to do, but it's how i cope. i keep telling myself once she's mine i'll stop doing all this because then i'll finally be happy.

there's something in particular about feeling some way about a girl and not knowing she feels the same way about you that friends and family can't fill that void. it really sucks. no matter how much you talk or hang out with your friends and family it doesn't go away. at least for me. i dont know man. if things dont work out with this girl ill probably just kill myself. im getting too old for this shit.

good luck though

Lie less.

Hey, I'm applied for a bachelor in Cognitive Science. Any books/authors/papers you would recommend ?

>Accept the fact that you are alone
>How liberating ? Now you can focus on yourself and yourself only
>Do what feels right, but always with your own benefit first !
>Fuck the rest of them, get stronger and smarter everyday and you will be loved and envied

Does that include moving away from others if they are needlessly annoying or harassing in any way?

Yes Fuck 'em
Man life is too short to care about others if you have it in you.
My motto is focus on myself and eventually something good will come out of it. I can't stand the social pressure, the more people around the more lonely I feel. So I decided to hell with that, I'll just work on bettering myself without a care for the world

Huh?

Spot on. Very similar situation. I've gone the easy route of sedation.. booze and pot.. buuuuut heeeyyy, I feel pretty good right now

this guy gets it

this guy also gets it

you will always be alone, even if you have a significant other. two humans cannot become one, everyone must suffer as separate beings.. its sad, but true. you can cuddle all you want with your dream girl... your minds will never be together. sex is about as close as you will get

Please explain more about what feel when you "do it," user.

get a dog of a very affectionate breed. you will be more loved than you've ever been

sounds like oneitis dude. drop it

>How do you guys deal with being alone in this world?

Smoke weed. Get a puppy dog.

I mentioned the dog earlier. the dog is the way. and once you don't want to be alone, your dog will be a great ice breaker and proof of how good you are as a person to the things you hold dear.

unless you fuck the dog up or end up living in an apt full of dog shit bc neglect. in that case, stay lonely fgt

I feel like you bro. I have all that ... but i feel so lonely and i don´t kn ow how to deal with it.
I just try to convence me that i need to be alone to be happy but that doesn´t work forever...
I don´t drink smoke or another think like that.. i just feel sad everyday.
>i just want to say it to you, you are not the only one who feels like that, btw i´m 19 and i study biology.

I'm sure he means love.

1st of all, do what makes you happy, say no if needed, dont make normies use you like an idiot
we born alone and we die alone, but we choose our friends

I hate being alone, but when I'm with people I want nothing more than to be alone. I don't know what to do anymore.

Wasn't asking about a tick-tock retelling, but of what he feels when it's happening.

it happens to me too, just change friends, do differents things, life isn't that bad at all, enjoy little things
We are the kind of people that would be sad even with millions of money, it's our nature

Typically pot, i cant smoke anymore so im stuck with my emptiness.

Well, he said the closest you can ever feel to someone. How can this be measured?

You must feel his feel towards people. I don't think that's possible.

Ya I'm with you one that, can't stand how much bullshit comes out of people, so fake. But I went super hippie and I found answers I was after. But still smoke too much weed and the loneliness must be filled by you and your whole self. Still fucking sucks though.

And fuck you fag who wants to troll, you know your a peice of shit and no one will ever love you. so become my hero

medically-fucked-from-birth fag here
a quiet resignation to live til my body gives out. i am way overdue so i figure at this point why not see how far i get. it ain't so bad, guys. enjoy it while ya got it, especially if you are even remotely healthy.

same here.
someone said, and I think that sounds reasonable, that you have to do something.
get a job or hobby that is kinda fullfilling. The more time you have for doing nothing the more time you think about yourself and your life and all shit in this world. You need some sort of distraction from your own thoughts. I haven´t found a way for me yet. But my thoughts are going towards things that are motivating in some level. It´s hard to get out of this. But there is a way. you just have to find it. good luck user.

You sound young, really young. Drop her and find someone who will actually treat you like their #1.

That's weak.

Face your thoughts and learn to live with them.

At some points of our lives we will be utterly alone and all previous goals will become insignificant. Just be a man (or a woman) and learn to live with yourself.

Then go out and look for others.