Why does this region hate breakfast so much?

Why does this region hate breakfast so much?

what do you mean

A cup of coffee and a piece of toast is enough breakfast

cause it makes you fat

>A cup of coffee and a piece of toast is enough breakfast
This man speaks the truth.

They don't have the same routines northen Europe has and wakes up later so it's easier to forget breakfast.

>inb4 ur le wrong

I've lived on Malta and in Spain.

thank god yes this post

American who lived in Italy for a year, I can't function without a filling breakfast and so I always had to make sure I had eggs and yogurt around, and wouldn't allow myself to leave the house if I hadn't eaten.

You go out and the only options are literally pastries and coffee. Which are delicious, but not a meal. I've been back in the US for 8 months now and it's still ingrained in me that if I don't eat before I go out I'll starve.

turkey best mediterranean cunt confirmed

We don't? I eat cereal every day

I also hate breakfast. Which is quite troublesome. I usually get hungry at around 12:00.

me on the top 5

not if you work

*work out several times a week

What you memesters don't realize is that your appetite is essentially a function of what you accustom it to. If you start eating heavy breakfasts you'll feel hungrier in the morning, if you eat lighter breakfasts your appetite in the morning will decrease. Same thing with your eating schedules -- having lunch earlier or later will make you feel hungry earlier or later, etc. I experienced that first-hand when I lived in foreign countries and it's amazing how much your eating habits can alter your biorhythm.

>Spain
>Hates breakfast

No wonder you are all skinny twigs.

0,5l of milk
5 slices of bread with salami and cheese
2 eggs
+220g kidney beans with salsa for 2nd breakfast

Because we don't wake up before noon

>hate breakfast

Paco pls

I literaly had churros and coffee this morning. They give it for free in the cafeteria next to my office so I always go a bit earlier to have a coffee with a workmate.

We eat two breakfasts.

>skinny

Nigga, we are fatter than scandicks and we have a massive lunch anyway, while you eat some gay ass sandwich with a fruit or whatever cucks have for lunch these days.

Also, whiteys don't know about our 11 am pause where we have another coffee with tapas.

Yeah, I'm not into these memes, but I have never seen a fat or built spaniard.

What do you lot usually eat for lunch? I eat two burgers and an egg, but you're on point about the gay ass sandwich most of the peopel here eat. They also don't make it themselves but buy it in the cafeteria for 10 euro.

I'm never hungry in the morning.
Both my lunch and dinner are around 2000kcal on training days.

>What do you lot usually eat for lunch?

Whatever we feel. Yesterday I had pasta, today I will have some steaks, eggs, fries and salad. When I eat next to my office I have the two courses menu with desert and coffee (10 euros). Also, many times I have some beers after work and we get free tapas again. So yeah, I'm overweight despite running three or four times every week.

Also about fat spaniards, dunno man, stats say you are skinnier than we are but we also are shorter so maybe you find us small.

I only start to get hungry 3 hours after I wake up or so, until then I usually just have a coffe(always expresso here), and a piece of fruit, or a slice of cake.
I think my body would reject anything heavier, specially eggs and bacon, fries etc...

I probably just haven't met enough I guess. Might be the height tricking me for sure.

Funny story though. Back in school we were told we were going to get a new student in class, from spain. All the girls creamed their panties like they always do when thinking of lean, tan men. What we got was a pale, fat swede with some form of retardation who had just lived in Spain for a couple years.
That was funny.

Good lunches though, I forgot to say

+20c minimum all year round and siesta, they can do without the calories.

I should less, though, actually whenever I visit my friends in London I lose weight due sharing their food habits.

>+20c minimum all year round

I would say that Slovenia really goes in this category, I'd say we have a cuisine closer to Austria than to Italy. I agree though, Italian breakfast never made sense to me, but I love their food otherwise.

>+20c minimum all year round
(You)

Pekka, stop being autistic and back your ebin memes

>FATstria

Is that what schnitzel does to you?

no need for breakfast when you sleep til noon

They don't seem to be fat. UK on the other hand...

talking from experience? go to bed, Jose, those strawberries ain't gonna get picked up by themselves

>You go out and the only options are literally pastries and coffee. Which are delicious, but not a meal.
Breakfast, as its name implies, it's a break in which you eat something, fast. It's not supposed to be a meal; no wonder why you're all fat.

Are you serious?
The more logical meaning would be that is is breaking ones fast from the night. Fast as in not eating.

This. Desayuno = des- (to undo) ayuno (fast, as in fasting).

Now, whether breaking one's fast means stuffing your face or eating something light is up to debate.

kek

I am from Catalonia and I have big breakfasts.
A few things it can include:

-Bread with spread tomato, olive oil and salt (stereotypical, but it is true, we eat this)
-Sausages (black pudding, fuet, llonganissa...) and other cold meats (Spanish ham, York ham...)
-Herrings
-Escalivada (roasted and dressed vegetables), eating with the herrings or with anchovies.

If you eat a lot 3 times a day you get fat

Not really. Depends what you eat, how big you are and how active you are.

Mirin' Italy though, if this is legit that is

I didn't know the word "fast" had other meanings

Tu estàs boig, qui cony menja escalivada amb arengades per esmorzar? La majoria dels catalans fem un esmorzar molt lleuger.
Tu el que ets es un Anglo disfressat

Understandable, it's not a particularly frequently used word outside of muslim discourse.

They don't need a real breakfast because they don't have jobs.

You need more calories climbing mountains.

Wow a 5-10 minute difference and there's no pattern to it

It's less a matter of hating breakfast and more a matter of "lunch is more important than breakfast".

Just eat lunch food for breakfast. Problem solved.
(Yes, people WILL know you for a weirdo, but no biggie.)

Doncs potser tens raó. És possible que m'acostumes a menjar així a l'estranger, i com esmorzava amb catalans, fins i tot allà, doncs acabava fotent la "saxonada" amb producte típicament català.

En tot cas, encara ho faig. Si no és una escalivada, doncs em foto una esqueixada. El que pugui arreplegar...

M'agradaria aclarir que a UK no hi he estat pas.
Era a un altre lloc.

Això també ho vaig experimentar a l'estranger, fins i tot em vaig acostumar a allò de dinar cap a les 12, però en tornar aquí vaig tornar als costums ancestrals

if all your 3 meals are take away fast food you'll get fat*

my breakfast is literally coffee and cigarette. sometimes no coffee

Simpler: if your caloric input is higher than consumption, you'll get fat.

Outside that your body will get used to whatever eating pattern you have, regardless of you having a strong breakfast or a strong lunch.

(I'm kinda in the same situation as - for example my breakfast today was cooked whole grain wheat, sausages, cooked carrots and two eggs.)

I don't even count the first cig and yerba mate as breakfast. It's just "oil" for the machine, otherwise I'll spend the day grumpy no matter how good was my actual breakfast.

Tot i així, em sembla que aquí es menja molt poc, com a mínim per Can Fanga.
N'hi ha qui no menja res, o es pren el cafè amb un croissantet d'una mida ridícula.
Desconec si sempre ha estat així, o és una influència de fora.

my roomates have that yerba mate thing all the time. but they are from lebanon

There were a bunch of 2nd gen Lebs going from the Southern Cone back into Lebanon in the 40's, I guess they picked the habit from that.

Yerba is great, the first sips are stronger than coffee for "waking up purposes", specially when drunk hot.