I unironically think this is a good album. Anyone else? Also general god tier metal albums thread

I unironically think this is a good album. Anyone else? Also general god tier metal albums thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo4MdBq2Y5w
youtube.com/watch?v=5xxQs34UMx4
youtube.com/watch?v=m46Z0-HXySo&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just dont enjoy the sound of that snare in some songs.

That is true, but most of the songs are actually good. Frantic, St. Anger, Some Kind of Monster, Shoot me Again, Sweet Amber and The Unnamed Feeling are all great songs.

I enjoy this album quite a bit, too.
Something about how raw the sound is is pretty badass,

I love this album. People bitch about the snare, and lack of solos, but it doesn't bother me. I just really relate to that undertone of desperation in most of the songs.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes i just have to listen to Some Kind of Monster, and even if it's about 8 minutes long i always have to repeat it at least two times.

I like that album

It's much better than load and reload. That's for sure.

I've given it more than a few chances, but I still hate this album. The trashcan drums just get on my nerves after a few minutes and i end up turning it off.

On the other hand, I absolutely love Load and Reload and am always surprised by how much backlash and dislike the seem to have. I would in my opinion consider Load to be Metallica best album. That blend of groove metal and country western vibe gives it one of the most unique sounds i've ever heard.

this

You need to be 18+ to use this site.

Oh wait fuck this is Sup Forums, no one here is older than 16.

Implying many people under 18 even listen to Metallica or especially this album at all.

Metallica's entire fanbase is literally under 18 or outgrew their shitty excuse for thrash.

Thanks for proving me right.

Go to any Metallica concert and you will almost only see middle aged men.

That's because they're accompanying their preteen sons to the concert.

Aside from Lar's trash can drums? Yeah it's pretty decent. Also, not insulting Lars here, I just hate how the drums on that album literally sound like he's beating a metal trash can. If they could re-edit that entire album and release it with say the drum kit he used on the black album or even load or re-load.. that album would be fantastic.

You sure seem to know an awful lot about Metallica, son.

You sure seem to be awfully underage, kiddo.

I think reddit is more your style.

If you've never been to a Metallica concert you have nothing to say in this matter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if this had been the debut album of some random band, it would have been declared a masterpiece. Critics would say it's been the best album of the past 20 years.

But, as it is, it was super cool to hate on Metallica back then. What with all the Napster shit, and Newsted leaving the band, and everything else going on, so that's what happened.

People who are bitching about Metallica not being "thrash" anymore need to get over it. That shit was 30 years ago. Half the people that bitch about "old" Metallica weren't even alive when the Black Album came out, let alone Ride the Lightning.

I haven't, because I'm not an underaged child who still thinks that Big 4 thrash is worth listening to.

You're literally toting around one of the most, if not the absolute most famous metal band of all time as some sort of special snowflake token. This is like saying you're unique for liking The Beatles.

You're a special kind of below 18.

Ahahaha oh wow.

Sup Forums is really nothing but children.!

Words of wisdom.

I like listening to St. Anger when I work out. Not a bad sound, if it was released under another name. People wouldn't have shit on it so much.

ye yes i do op

>overproduced to all hell
>generic chugga chugga chuggy trash
>horrible mixing, especially with the drums and bass
>lyrics sound like they belong on a Tenacious D album
>"masterpiece"
You know virtually nothing about music do you?

Is this the album St. Anger is on? If there's in WWE fans ITT, this song was used for the promo of 2003s Summerslam and was fucking fantastic. Ahhhhh nostalgia.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo4MdBq2Y5w

youtube.com/watch?v=5xxQs34UMx4

This is the album called St. Anger so yeah. I'm european though so i obviously don't watch wwe.

i'm 38. still like metallica. went to see clash of the titans, saw them live about 10 times between ages of 15-25 or so.

lost interest totally after the black album, i've never even heard this or anything that came after black which I think is just so-so.

still play the hell out of kill em all, ride the lightning, and justice which is my favourite album.

>fwiw

dubs get

samefag.

But jokes on you, since i actually love prog rock like that first one.

Take a listen to this: youtube.com/watch?v=m46Z0-HXySo&t=0s

Their new album was released today, and the last song on the album is actually pretty good.

Well, since you're grown up enough, to determine the age of posters just by their taste in music (however you might do this), why don't you move to a more mature board, instead of pouring your simple based-on-nothing-opinions into this thread?

>likes St. Anger
Below 18
>doesn't like St. Anger
Potentially a precocious below 18 or above 18

See? It works perfectly.

Now back to /r/eddit you go

>See? It works perfectly.
In your world, it sure does.

My world is the one you are currently living in. So yeah, you're actually right for once.

Sounds like a fucking down's syndrome adolescent who doesn't know his own fucking strength hammering on a fucking oil drum with a fucking cricket bat.
Apart from that, the album sucks balls anyway. And I really wanted to like it.

Reddit's arrived!

Have you seen the some kind of monster documentary? Really shows what went into the album. Also, their new one dropped today and it's mad decent. Best since load.

In the world I live in, I am currently 29 years old and still listening to St. Anger every once in a while. Now, how might this fit into your system?

Justice is litterally the best metallica album, I'm glad I'm not alone in this. It'd trash but it isn't and it's heavy but it sounds thin in a way, so it doesn't just rely on a thick sound to sound heavy, it does it the old fashioned way, by actually being heavy

It's a very nice album in that it lacks the teenage edge of kill em all but isn't anout mih feelings like the black album

You're delusional or lying so that you don't get the underage ban you deserve.

Which leads me to ask: why the hell aren't you on reddit, when you'd fit in perfectly?

>I unironically think this is a good album. Anyone else?
Nope
Yep, Justice is their best album and I can't choose between Ride and Master.

Yeah the documentary was pretty interesting.

This is my favourite metal album. Not nearly as heavy, but incredible musicianship as well as a pretty interesting story/concept.

WTF are you retards talking about?

St Anger doesn't just suck because it wasn't Master of Puppets or Justice or even because the drums sound like trash cans in a seedy alley.

It sucks because throughout all the songs that go for like 8 FUCKING MINUTES they somehow forgot to through a couple of guitar solos in there... Or hell ANYTHING so it didn't sound like you were listening to the same song on repeat 3X's.

How the fuck do you go from writing insane guitar solos on a whole bunch of albums and then completely neglect them for an ENTIRE FUCKING ALBUM.

yeah, not really feeling that.

imagine how the first few bars of blackened or ride the lightning grab you. it just doesn't grab me.

will check the album out though!

Literally the only thing by DT that's not below a 3/10.

Fuck that band.

Literally nothing they have ever made is below a 6/10.

I heard someone overdub the snare with a regular one, and it was infinitely a better album.

It sucks because it took Metallica, simplified it, muddied the sound and claimed to be returning to their roots which beyond Kill em all were nothing like that and you can probably blame age/production value for Kill em all being like it was.

Nope. those are both epic.

Jesus christ, I knew this board was bad but this is a new low.

What about them is it you hate?

Fuck the haters. ManUNkind is one of my favorites.

Spit out the Bone is my #1 so far, from the new shit anyway.

Spit out the Bone and Lords of Summer are the two best.

>the musical equivalent of masturbation
>incredibly cheesy and overblown composition
>pretentious as fuck and try to act like some sort of spiritual ascended masterpiece of a band when they're just a bunch of retarded fedoras
There's no way anyone with the slightest bit of an IQ above 100 can like this band.

>FRANTIC-TICK-TICK-TICK-TICK-TICK-TOCK

It's shit tier. This is someone who considers Metallica 1 of their favorite bands (along with Mastodon, The Doors, Led Zepp which is a weird combo I know), but the Black Album was the last Metallica album to actually be good. I don't like their sound after that, and unfortunately for James, his voice went as well.

I have always liked cheesy and overblown, should i kill myself?

Spit Out the Bone is pure thrash heaven.

Lords of Summer honestly surprised me after that weird mess we got in 14.

What's it like being deaf?

My favourite mettallica album.
I think Master Of Puppets is musically out of its league... but St Anger is awesome.

actually listening to it rite now, unnamed feeling atm

That must be among the darkest songs they've ever written. I don't often listen to it, but sometimes it really hits me.

spit out the bone was best track. hardwired was alright.

album as a whole is like a 6/10, dissapointed as fuck, but i wasnt expecting anything great. would rate worse than st anger but better than load/reload

Yea, most of the songs were just really boring. Except for two or three.

What's it like being retarded? Load/Reload are badass, and Hardwired is afuckingmazing. Best rock album this year by a mile.

Go listen to nigger music you gimp.

>best rock album this year

m8.

It is. Oh sorry, you pretentious douches split hairs. Heavy metal rock album of the year. Better, princess?

>kill em all
>ride the lightning
>master of puppets
>And justice for all
>cliff em all
>Garage inc
>saint anger
>hardwired to self destruct
>black album
>$5.95 EP
>s&m
>no life till leather
>death magnetic
>reload
>beyond magnetic
>load
>everything else...

i can already think of atleast 50 2016 albums that were better from the "rock" category.

Just. No.

post your lists then cunts.

Doubtful, but go ahead and think that.

What are you even on

I'm only doing studio albums
>Master of Puppets
>Ride the Rightning
>...And Justice for All
>Death Magnetic
>St. Anger
>The Black Album
>Kill 'Em All
>Load
>Reload

Not ranking Hardwired, as it's too new.

Get a better taste in music elitist metal fags.

>metallica
>elitist

What did it feel like actually having to save that image for you to make that bait-post? I would never sink so low as to actually save an image of that kid on my computer, even for just a few seconds.

>Justice
>Ride/Master interchangeable
>Garage
>Black
>Load
>Reload
>Kill
>S&M
>Sheeeit
>Sheeeeeit
>Sheeeeeeeeit etc

the video for man unkind kinda pissed me off, but then again lords of chaos being a thing is a bad fucking idea.

not a bad song though, video was just an insult to dead and mayhem.

Reddit??? Really nigger wtf is wrong with you? Rammstein is actually a pretty awesome band. You like St. fucking Anger , I don't think you have room to talk.

I'm with you, I like Metallica but I'd listen to Rammstein before St Anger without a doubt.

See I like Metallica as well not my favorite band and I hate Ulrich but I like em. Rather be listening to Their good shit though xD
< also this.

I'm okay with this

Have some tits

Too bad no metal album will ever top this.

>too stupid to be insulted

Fuck me man, are you like 80 or something? It's like you don't even know that gen x is either middle aged, or close to it. Let me guess, 12 year old girls are obsessed with Elvis too.

Amen! Preach it Brother

>Looks like a black metal album
>Is actually very boring

best prog album

Nope

It's the album that launched the heavy metal genre though. Most of the early 70's metal was heavily influenced by blues music until it eventually began to develop it's own unique sound.

Nope