You have exactly 3 seconds to explain to me why Season 4 isn't easily the best season of GoT

You have exactly 3 seconds to explain to me why Season 4 isn't easily the best season of GoT.

>Hound and Arya Banter
>Based Oberyn Martell
>Based New Jaime
>Joffrey's death
>Tyrion's trial
>The Mountain and the Viper episode
>Tywin and the Hound's death scenes
>Watchers on the Wall episode
>Shae reveal
>Littlefinger pushing Lysa Arryn out of the moon door

watching episode 9 right now
pretty great desu

Good moments, but nothing was really happening in terms of big scale stuff. People just sort of hanging around, making small moves. Every episode nothing happened.

Just finished the season for the second time. Every episode has at least one fantastic stand out moment.

Oberyn's death is still the most soul crushing in the show. Much worse than the Red Wedding for me

>Every episode nothing happened.
That's been true since the 2nd season ended, since then they just go all out on episode 9 and every other episode is set up

>it's about characters not action set pieces

Just because there's not a war, doesn't mean nothing happened. Nothing much in terms of the greater galaxy happened in Empire Strikes Back, but it's arguably the best Star Wars movie.

YOU RAPED HER

100% agree. Something about how gross and unceremonious it was disturbed me. Poor fucking guy

You forgot Karl fooking Tanner

> Much worse than the Red Wedding for me

this desu senpai

I agree completely OP. People jack off to "muh Red Wedding so shocking Robb is kill", but 4 had the best plot twists and deaths that didn't just felt like natural story progression, rather than just done for the shock value

Battle of Kings Landing is still the best action sequence in the show though.

SE 4>1>2>3>5

It's probably because S4 was the last good season.
Everything else after it was shit save for the big battle episodes.

>Joffrey's death
helloooo reddit

I can't argue with this. Actual character developement/plot exposition > muh social commentary any day of the week.

>Yara and her 50 best killers vs shirtless Ramsay and his good dogs
>Craster's keep plotline (Jon retarded reason for killing the multineers, Foocking legend, Bran's filler and Locke)
>Tyrion killing Tywin because Shae (the girl he just killed) was a whore
>The beetle speech
>The spooky scary skeletons
>The vale knights ignoring Sandor and Arya
>Brienne finding Arya, then chimping out for no reason
>Jaime and Brinne ignoring Sansa in KL for days
>Jaime rapes Cercei
>Jaime and Cercei relationship being all over the place
>Cercei threating to out her afair to Tywin, even though that would only fuck her and her kids over
>"We are out of gold", never to be mentioned again
>LF killing Lysa,having no plan, then having to be saved by Salsa
>Stannis doing fuck all, then going to Bravos, after ending the previous season by declaring that they must go to the wall at once
>No STANNIS x3
>Edgy cannibal Thenns
>Introduction of Olly
>Shae doing a 180 to get her plot back on track
>Sam and Gilly filler
>Arya and Hound filler
>Dany being so boring that I literally can't remember a single scene of hers in season 4

Oh come on, he was an unbearable cunt. The only reason you wouldn't want him to die is just to be a contrarian faggot.

>>Dany being so boring that I literally can't remember a single scene of hers in season 4

Implying based Jorah didn't save that entire plotline single handedly

You rapedhur
You murdudhur
You kildhur children

Yes well done Oberyn, well done. HOWEVER

Hey now. The Hound was only MOSTLY dead.

cause they're all equally shit

>Battle of Kings Landing is still the best action sequence

whoa whoa whoa. Are you talking about blackwater? That episode was one great visual effects shot and then a fucking TERRIBLE battle where nothing makes any sense and nothing interesting happens.

He was the most noble boy in the land.

Yep. Season 4 was when the show's plot started collapsing in on itself and everything began the process of not making sense. Still, it had some good stuff in it.

no

fuck off pycelle

wow, you really changed my mind.

>Joffrey's death
You mean the deaths of the very few actors still giving a damn and not phoning it in (assuming they weren't shit in the first place)?
>B-BUT IT WAS IN THE BOOK
the books started shitting themselves up too after this point

It's pretty great. Season 1 is still the best one just for the incredible tone, writing and drama, but Season 4 is the best one in terms of big moments and pacing.

For me the ranking would be:

1 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5