Other thread 404ed while I was writing my rant so I'm not letting this autism go to waste

Other thread 404ed while I was writing my rant so I'm not letting this autism go to waste.

It was pretty apparent that they were expecting Hillary to win. Hell, they had to change the episode name "The First Gentleman" to "oh Geez". It was a painful episode to watch because you could tell they were going to use the roofied "memberberries" drink as a way for the show to excuse mr garrison for flipping out about losing the election (like they thought trump would do when he lost). Instead they just made him act like a calm zombie since he won because they had no good ideas on the fly

Now those Libs at southpark studio are going to have to keep mr garrison the president in the show for at least 4 years unless they make some sort of stupid plot twist where the real donald trump ( who has been in a past episode) takes his place.

Here's a clip from before they changed the episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=eCPGowtf74g

Self bump...

Anyone else hate the continuity?

Yes. Not nearly as good as the stNd alone episodes. It is also too timely. These episodes won't hold up for a year.

Ya the new southpark is garbage and their liberal bias is showing more then ever despite them saying they hate both political party's.

What used to make them good was them trying to balance what partys to make fun of but now its just what you would see on facebook/twitter.

Every time a South Park thread pops up it's either people saying that their bigoted and that their libertarians, or that they're godless liberals..

Even though South Park had an episode where they flat out told people to stop looking for things that aren't there, and that they're just making fun of everyone and everything because they can.

They did the same thing when McCain was running against Obama. They make two story lines and then use whichever one fits the winner of the election.

With the episode name change its pretty apparent they expected Hillary to win, like her or not thats a pretty risky thing to assume when you make an episode in advance.

Your forgetting that it's a cartoon and they can do whatever the fuck they want. They can have Mr garrison die next episode and then be reborn as their teacher again and it doesn't fuck in matter.
Stop over thinking it and just enjoy the lolz.
Ps theirs no liberal bias, your just so butthurt at every jab at conservatives you don't notice the jabs at liberals.
Kys faggot

See this

I feel like they didn't have a storyline planned for a Trump win. They were already advertising the episode with the name "the first gentleman" plus if they did already have that trump storyline thought up then it sucks.

I would believe you if they just didn't make two Hillary joke's one of which was just a rehash while they made a million Trump jokes saying how bad and sexist he is and in one episode basically flat out say to vote for Clinton.

Not OP by the way.

They've been ripping on Hillary all season, go back and watch the episodes.

This. Only this. This person is the only sane intelligent person here. Congratulations you are better than everyone here at life and you will receive your congratulatory ham in 2 to 4 weeks

Well, luckily how you feel doesn't mean a goddamn thing. They've changed the names of episodes before. They make an episode in six days, so of course their is going to be some last minute changes.

I think Matt Stone and Trey Parker have taken a backseat on the production process of the show. I think they'd like to quit, but they're offered such ridiculously large sums of money that it's waaaay more profitable to keep south park going than do anything else.

I think they basically have a team of writers write it only acting as executive editors and culling terrible ideas. This is why the stories have many dissonant plot threads that don't fit together very well, it's the hall mark of too many writers and no one with the clear executive power to cull the bad ideas. So on occation it can be very funny, but it's often very stupid.

This latest season's "member berries" are fucking stupid. Someone should have culled that idea. It's not funny, it's just stupid.

And OP, even in the past, when the show was good, they'd usually have one episode from storyboard, to script, to voiced, to completed animation; in a week.

But you're right, Hillary's victory episode was likely already written and pretty much complete, that's why they had to take an extra week before they made the episode of Garrison/Trump's victory.

But this show used to be far more brilliant, the last 3 years has been pretty weak (with a few gems here and there). Pretty sure it's because Matt Stone and Trey Parker pretty much just act as editors and voice actors rather than being entirely involved in it all like they once were.

Their completely hands on with the writing process, they have a documentary out called "Six Days to Air" that covers the entire process.

They're*

That was made several years ago, at least 5. Very interesting documentary. But I think they've checked out a season or 2 after that.

Well hopefully they'll see where this crap season is going and take the helm

1) tm is just attempting to sway opinion, which is highly shillary- at the least.

2)MEMBER BERRIES ARE A PRESCRIPTION MED METAPHOR. ITS THE FOCUS OF THE SEASON, NOT THE ELECTION.

3) they stretch out storylines because it would be completely dead if they continued packing things into 22 mins. (Some stories need 200 mins to be told).

4) quit whining you bitches. Youre pulling member berries by whining about the series not airing stand alone episodes. Oh no, they want to advance the artisitic quality of their story telling.

Honestly I thought the member berries were a metaphor for nostalgia and thinking of the good old days (the root of conservative; conserving the past)

Saying that people only vote for trump because prescription meds is just stupid

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are both libertarian. They like neither Hillary nor Trump.

Funny thing is both Rs and Ds these days cannot tell the difference between someone who does not agree with them and the opposing political parties.

I'm a libertarian. Leftists think I'm a nazi and Right-wingers think I'm a tree-hugger. They're both "with us or against us" ideologies, they think in binary, black and white, they cannot read the subtlety of any other belief system.

The creators of south park are libertarian, that's why they constantly rip on the ideologies of both right and left.

>member berries are a prescription med metaphor

I really don't think so, I think they're a way of showing the backwards looking politics of the American right-wingers. They sell themselves on a vision that resembles how America *used* to work, it appeals to nostalgia.

That being said, they're retarded and never should have been in the show.... but they were used to illustrate the way Trumpites like to think, looking backwards at how America was "back in the day".

I'm not sure it's a liberal bias that's showing. Moreover, it's an "I base decisions off of major news networks and popular opinion" bias. Could they have dug deeper? Sure. Why would they though?