This was argued a couple of days ago and it still bugs the shit out of me

This was argued a couple of days ago and it still bugs the shit out of me.

Why should I trip a waitress or water for service? They get paid minimum wage (I am in California), they do the job in their description and its a job that does not require a college education or a whole lot of skill. Why should I pay 15-20% more for a meal? Why should I feel guilty or shitty for not tipping? Why should you as the waitress or bartender give me dirty looks or attempt to belittle me when I decline a tip?

Tipping is fucking bullshit if minimum wage is being paid before any "tips." I can understand in other states like NJ thats its not the same.

Fuck I misspelled. Waitress* Waiter*

Inb4 you start talking shit

Im glad im from australia where minimum wage is decent so tipping isnt needed

It's for gratuity you selfish fuckwit

If you got above average service, and you're not a total dickhead, you should pay above average.

It's called being nice to those who are nice to you

Twat

So you're saying that i should pay everyone that is nice to me ?

They're doing their fucking jobs. Me eating there keeps them employed. I'm in IT, I don't get tipped to help set up a network, I do my fucking job

What about retail workers who always do things not in their job description and give you the best service possible, and still get treated like shit, yet no one ever tips them.

Most places underpay servers because of tips. Restaraunt i used to work at paid servers $2/hr but they made alot in tips. I used to deliver pizza and i got payed less than minimum wage. And its different if you dont tip a driver. You gotta be a real prick not to tip someone that brought your lazy ass some food nigger.

California gets minimum wage before tips. Also, why not work elsewhere if youre not paid enough?

you don't have to tip at all, it's just become such a norm that they expect it and they will hate you for not doing it simple as that, if you plan to eat at the same place, you have to tip, otherwise they will make you regret it. There is no real good reason, it's just a shitty reality.

>
>What about retail workers who always do things not in their job description and give you the best service possible, and still get treated like shit, yet no one ever tips them.

Exactly. This

If they're nicer than they have to be, possibly.

Your pay doesn't get cut for tipping laws so it doesn't matter. You probably still make more than the higher paid waiters.

Again, their pay doesn't get cut so tips aren't even thought about.

Also some places have strict no-tipping rules.

The pizza place in my town did not pay the delivery guys for their gas for their own vehicles used to deliver pizzas, they had to make it in tips, and because some people like you don't like to tip they often barley broke even some nights. And yes this is California. The employer can put minimum wage on the payroll and then take money out afterwards because of tipping, it's really bad.

In the restaurant biz, most don't make min.wage. They get 3 bucks plus tips.

First off, the drivers can write those expenses off on their taxes. Second, how much of those tips are being claimed in their W2's or 1099's?

You can work elsewhere, you can do Uber or Lyft, you can work in a retail store. Whatever you want

Tipping for bartenders isn't too bad, since they are actually making the thing for you.

Waitresses and Waiter are entitled pricks who don't have a single idea how rough back of the house work is. Especially if you get asked to do everything including dishes, trash, closing, prep, and running your boss's errands.

waiters get taxed 15% on top of their already income tax based on presumed taxes. if you dont tip them 15%, you're essentially ripping them off.. its american culture to tip, stop being a greedy fuck. its like 3-4$ max faggot

That also sounds illegal

Fuckwit he said he lived in california.

Also there are state laws in place that prevents the operator from paying the employee less than minimum wage if the tips didn't make up for it at the end of the pay cycle ya dingus.

They could work elsewhere easily. People who get bonus paychecks get taxed 35-40% on their taxes as well. They aren't tipped or compensated for that

Thank you

Tipping isn't even practiced in other cuntries just us

and you can't eat somewhere else too where tipping isn't necessary, like mc donalds. Problem solved for you

Because it's customary in addition to all of the other shit about wages. If you don't want to tip, eat at home.

Just stop this shit, you can just not eat pizza or get it yourself, I don't understand this shit thinking of yours, someone has to do this service for you, be grateful even if it's just a little, I'm sure you work somewhere and probably over paid for what you do to most people, we are all in service to someone in the workplace.

Sounds like your the cuck. Feeling obligations to give them money for service. I expect them to work hard at there jobs just like I do. I dint get tips for going above and beyond, they can go fuck themselves and find new careers

It isn't necessary if their wage is supplied by the employer. Making a solid hourly and demanding tips on top of that is just entitled and selfish.

I worked as a waiter for 6 years making $2.13/hour. If people stiffed me I would be passed, like how am I supposed to pay rent asshole?? But in California this is not the case.

TLDR if you don't wanna tip then just don't bro.

Theyre already being paid. Why, why should they be paid more just for doing their jobs that they signed up for on their free will.

Anywhere they don't make minimum wage because of whatever fucking law it is, I'd have to say I'd tip them 10% out of pure guilt.
But being a Canadian? And knowing they make a living wage (The min is like 11.xx or something now) I tip based on how the service was...If I had to finish my beer or food before she got back around to our table to even ASK if we wanted more...Their tip goes down...If I finish my food and beer and have to call her over from across the bar..She loses 90% of her tip right there.

Take the money you're not tipping and invest in some basic English classes OP.

This, go get the pay you want with a job that pays it. Not bitch, whine, and moan. There's plenty of opportunities. I can go get a job tomorrow because I'm not a twat with a shitty resume, dirty clothes, and poor body language.

i am not a BANK.
when i travel, i do NOT tip,

when i'm home i DO tip .. because neighborhood people be .BULLY. when no get tip.

i am not a BANK.
but wanna FUCK the wait-staff, always.

(so, ..tip to get laid)

>Theyre already being paid.

Yes, and in most places it's well under minimum wage under the belief that tipping will fill out the difference.
In FL, at least, they assume you get 10% tips and you get taxed on it. Stupid laws but it is what it is.

Yup there's jobs out there if you don't like the one you got.

Word

I can't comment on other states because I agree that's fucked up. But... You can find another job

I worked my ass off weedwhacking and doing physical labor on a golf course from 5:30 am to about 3:00 pm every weekday in the summer. On my feet 8 hours. Where's my tip?

Fuck anyone who thinks that someone bringing you food deserves a tip.

"muh they don't make as much money so tipping is necessary."
If that's so... GET A DIFFERENT FUCKING JOB THAT PAYS BETTER.

>You can find another job

It was my wife that was the waitress. She worked there until she realized she didn't have a shot at getting behind the bar. So, I got her a job as a cocktail waitress/bartender at a strip club where she made bank and I banged strippers.

So?

Do you have a friend that works as a waitress or waiter? Dont they brag about how much they get tipped out? Dont they brag about how they dont pay taxes on it? Dont they brag that they make bank? How does that make you feel knowing you have student debt, knowing youre doing physical labor, knowing you have a harder job. Others dont expect to be tipped, In fact they tend to look for better paying jobs when unhappy but the serving industry is a different cultural animal and thats not okay.

its like 25 percent max. unless the employer gives the bonus as a gift in which case its taxed less anyway, or given under the table so its not taxed at all.

yes, no, no, no, the rest is all conjecture.

i work at McDonald's, Only counter employees get tips and it's around a dollar a day and it's also frowned upon

>Dont they brag about how they dont pay taxes on it?

Depending on where you live, servers can be taxed 10%-15% on their total sales regardless of whether they actually make that much or not.

Yeah but how many of them claim their cash tips?\

If my nigga here cant take tips and doesnt seem to be bitching about it, why should other servers?

This, OP, is why you need to learn how to cook your favorite dishes at home.

>there's plenty of opportunities
>doesn't understand how many fucking people are unemployed
Kek

In most countries its normal not to tip exactly because they are being paid to do their job

are you a nigger? because they don't tip. nigger confirmed.

there's a difference in the level of customer interaction/service required of a typical waiter vs mcdonald's employee. you actually have to not be autistic and/or retarded to be a decent waiter. don't compare the two jobs, they aren't even remotely close.

Go to indeed.com. Look how many places are fucking hiring. Unemployment is down the numbers youre inferring to do not count the disabled, the mentally handicapped, the lazy and the people that are in college looking for those 100k + jobs

Theres really not. The waitress/waiter takes my order, takes it to the back, offers me a drink and brings me my food and cleans up after me. Thats what a mcdonalds employee does as well.

idk mang

>all jobs listed there definitely pay for the cost of living in the city of your employ
The problem is more "shit's really fucking expensive because the companies that sell everything want every penny they can grab off you" than "there just aren't enough jobs."
Welcome to capitalism. Trickle down works, right, guys?

I have a masters in spectroscopy and work as a bar tender. I worked in a laser production lab for 3 years making a shit teir salary. Turns out, as a bartender i make roughly 4x what i did as a salary 'higher educatuon required' research job. I get paid 8$ per hour and walk out with roughly 350 per night in tips. After working50 hours per week, my biweekly check comes out to be about 400. But i claim all my tips, i know that's not the norn, for sure, but shit. It works, im always pleasant and love what i do. If i had a super low tipped 2 weeks, my check may be 600.

Thats fucked up that you make more money as a bartender then Spectroscopy. Glad youre making it work for you

Bunch of underage faggots in this thread.

If they're nice and do their job, they get tipped.

If they're assholes, they don't get tipped.

They get tipped based on how much I have available on hand or on my card

I've only had a handful of times where tipping was an issue, but obviously I'd never tip those people again if I saw them.

Gotta do what we gotta do man. I really truly enjoy getting people wasted and making money off them. Best part is that all my regulars are actually great people and not scummy alcoholics.

I worked in a California restaurant earlier this year and the servers and busers all got paid 8 dollars while we dish washers got $10.50. everyone who got tips also had to split them with each other.

Their company should pay them more then. You don't buy something from a shop and then pay the fucking drone that puts the purchase through the till as "gratuity".

Plus tipping the waiter/waittress is fucking stupid - if anything, we should tip the fucking chef that cooked our food, not the dumb cunt that walked it from the kitchen to the table. If that's what people have to tip for then fuck it, I'll go to the kitchen and get it myself. Tipping is fucking stupid, and it's a way of companies to pay their staff less by obliging the general public to fork out the rest of the money. Fuck your stupid shitty tipping culture

>a UKfag

That makes no sense... if your biweekly check is about 400 you're only getting paid 8$ an hour. Sue