So I gave every studio album a decent chance and have come to the conclusion DG are an elaborate Sup Forums inside joke

So I gave every studio album a decent chance and have come to the conclusion DG are an elaborate Sup Forums inside joke.

This "music" is fucking atrocious, literally torturous. Refuse to believe anybody actually enjoys this tripe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q9LfstQDwus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like them

music is a joke

kek

DG are just the latest version of the NMH meme, don't fall for it.

2deep4u OP

You are the joke, man.

Its all a meme

I don't care what you refuse to believe, I bump the shit out of this in the whip and will do so today with a smug smile thinking of your stupid ass.

You just don't get it then, that's fine. I "unironically" love the group and I feel pumped as shit when I throw on one of their albums. If you don't feel it then you just don't feel it, but it's not "meme" music because a lot of people enjoy it and you don't.

There's plenty of music that I just don't "get" or enjoy, but I'm not questioning why others would enjoy it.

You already had the idea of it being a meme so you've already failed my friend.

first of all I know this thread is properly bait.

and a lot of people genuinely enjoy this music of course it sounds like a cacophony at first but eventually becomes something that you can listen to same as any other music.

on my first few listens i thought it was atrocious but the catchy choruses and my own curiosity kept me coming back.

and now its stressful hectic aggressive delivery just sounds like a smooth catchy tune to my ears.

that is just my opinion and i respect all your opinions even if they are stupid, i still respect that. you should do the same.

DG aren't even popular on Sup Forums, they haven't been ever since NLDW.

Also I unironically like them, Government Plates is one of my favourite albums of all time. Post your favourite albums, OP.

It's literally pop music, and if you don't get that then go back to the radio where you belong

gr8 b8 m8

I also believe they are a meme. I've tried to give them a chance. I don''t think anyone on here actually likes them, it's just a ruse to get try to get people to like it and then joke about how dumb they are. They're garbage. Pic very related.

>DG aren't even popular on Sup Forums, they haven't been ever since NLDW.
Most atrocious case of historical revisionism I've ever witnessed on Sup Forums.

Are you so easily convinced that you equate the surge of contrarianism against the band with a decrease in popularity?

Nigga I don't know, I visit like 5-6 times a week and all I see is hate threads.

To be expected, they're more popular than ever, so of course there'll be backlash of such high magnitude.

And you can't act like the hate threads don't drive the fans out of the woodworks.

Whats cringier?
Dg fanboys or Dg haters?

My vote goes to haters desu cause of the retarded aura of pretentiousness they always have ( Dg fanboys do too, but not to such a large extent)

it's not pretentious to hate experimental dross like death grips. quite the opposite

Treating experimental like a pejorative, lmao.

Its pretentious because you hold yourself above everybody that likes somèthing you dont

Stop projecting

>quite

>can't get into teh grips
oh wow just kiss

dg is good broski

Is this pasta?

>I don't get it so it's a meme

Boy, we sure fell for this bait, didn't we Sup Forums?

again, hate threads are a surge of contrarianism, which is to be expected because Sup Forums used to really like them and now they're shifting closer into the mainstream. this isn't the same as a loss of popularity

I'm pretty sure it's literally a pasta

/thread/

report to this chart

go to bed charlie

>it sounds like a cacophony at first
I never got this meme. I started with ExM and it never seemed all that inaccessible to me and I'm someone who can't listen to a lot of experimental or avant-garde music. Their music is a little weird or even weirder depending on the album, but it's conventional enough that it's more welcoming than a lot of other experimental groups.

OH SHIT I'M FEELIN' IT

I WANT IT I NEED IT (NEED IT)

(YOU)

Its not very hard to understand if you've spent any time at all listening to music

Bottomless Pit slaps. If it's true you gave them all a chance I'd be surprised to find you don't actually like at least that one

When was the last time pasta got this many replies?

DG is great but I turned Bottomless Pit off like 30 seconds into Hot Head.

he'd be right if he had said ever since Jenny Death instead of NLDW

Eh is one of their best tracks
assuming you didnt listen to bottomless pit after hot head, listen to eh at least

I don't get the praise for Bottomless Pit. I think it's good or even great, but ExM, NLDW, and JD were all better. Only DG album worse is Government Plates.

I first heard them in June after watching the needle drop best albums so far video to see if amsp was on there (I was a huge radiohead fanboy [still am t b h]) and he mentioned bottomless pit first. I was completely intrigued by his description of the album. I listen to the first song and thought it was absolutely fucking horrendous, same with hot head. But long story short i couldn't keep myself away from it and now their easily my third favorite band. fav songs on it are warping, eh, three bedrooms, ring a bell, and bottomless pit has to be one of their best songs easily.

youtube.com/watch?v=q9LfstQDwus

Are these lyrics from the new Sun Kil Moon record?

No its not, but the way DG haters express their hate is very pretentious
Case in point:
>Refuse to believe anybody actually enjoys this tripe

fuck that reminds me I need to listen to that

TAKYOOOOOON

kek

ok that was good

then go listen to xiu xiu and jerk off with bike grease from your fixie.