Because plebs are too stupid to see S2's intricate tapestry of plot and character development they will bring back Rust...

because plebs are too stupid to see S2's intricate tapestry of plot and character development they will bring back Rust because muh fedora and destroy True Detective's anthology format

unironically correct.

S2 was a greek tragedy with neo-noir trappings and it was perfect. S1 was good too but people who like S1 but not S2 demonstrate they never actually understood what made S1 good in the first place.

Unite the S1 and S2 True Detectives for S3. Then S4 and S5 can have new True Detectives in each season and they can unite in S6. Then the final season can be a tag team match between the True Detective teams.

>muh fedora

Religious people are unintelligent and your hat fetish won't change that.

get a load of this asshole.

can you even enumerate the basic characteristics of a greek tragedy? cause if you could, you would realize that s2 has absolutely nothing to do with it.

thanks for reminding me how much s2 sucked. man what an embarrassing, career-killing shitshow. I can't imagine a worse end for Nicholas Pizza

>S2 was a greek tragedy with neo-noir trappings and it was perfect.
>it was perfect
Are you high?

>the final season

is that the one where they kill off half the main cast because apparently that's the only dramatic device anyone can figure out these days?

But this is wrong.

S2 was good tv but it had a shitty story. And it was not a "greek tragedy" because none of the FOUR MAIN CHARACTERS were worth caring about.

It was a string of events that barely related to each other. They never explored the actual plot of solving the fucking crime let alone give us enough story for us to care about any character.

And don't get me started on the fucking scooby doo style caper of acquiring the files.

characters are the instruments of their own downfall due to hubris and passion. the role of the epiphany in terms of discovering their own failings (caspere's son, velcoro killing the wrong man, frank's hallucinations)

the only characters who survived were the two women willing to let go. the lounge singer playing the role of the chorus in referencing the events of the show.

even one of the main characters is named Antigone. Wake the fuck up pleb.

S2 haters BTFO

>intricate tapestry of plot and character development

S2 haters BTFO indeed
Plebs BTFO
Pizza wins again

damn son
i was always thinking 'greek tragedy'
and seeing you say it i thought 'this pleb gonna get btfo'
but holy shit
you pulled through
and delivered a fucking killer argument
my exact thoughts
dope shit user, 10/10 etc

i don't know how to make what i say not ironic

>he didn't understand it
>image.jpg

Either samefag or there are at least three retards ITT.

nah son, one-off
it works
i don't know if that's what they were going for
but in my mind, it works
naturally the greek "hero" gets in over their head and causes their own downfall yeah?
so for the majority of these characters
it's like pottery
it rhymes

S2 was dense there was so much going on. S1 was a treat for the eyes and ears and mind.

>characters are the instruments of their own downfall due to hubris and passion

Name one character that caused his own fall with hubris and passion.

The guy who looked like Vince Vaughn

How? You can be brief about it, just give me a general idea. And someone will probably tell you why you're wrong.

You know how they say not to look a gift horse in the mouth, Ray? Well I'm a horse dentist, and it's fucking Christmas.

>falling this hard for the contrarian meme

If /gaycop/ had just admitted his homosexuality from the get-go, as in when the actress accused him of soliciting a blowjob, he wouldn't have been blackmailed in episode 7 and died.

If Frank had just let the Mexicans have the suit, which had the 3 million dollars in diamonds, he'd have had a chance of turning out alive.

If Velcoro hadn't gone back to see fat pussy he wouldn't have gotten himself tailed. God I fucking hate that part.

Exactly this.

Top fucking pleb

sh-shut up!

this

>don't want mcconaughey to return
>season 2 was shit
Pick two

But that is wrong. Frank dies because of pride but he never had pride. Velcro dies because he wants to expose corruption but he is the definition of a corrupt cop.

The 3 deaths are actually redemption deaths.

The only thing in your argument that holds up is the bar singer. With the FAR better songs than the intro music. I see it as sticking ng her in as narrator.

Also, for a tragedy to hit home you have to care about a character. Who did you empathize with? The retarded faggot that just wanted to ride his motorcycle? The alcoholic corrupt cop? The sociopathic gangster?

>but he never had pride

His whole arc is getting his manhood back via illegal means because being a straight man stripped him of power.

>Velcro dies because he wants to expose corruption but he is the definition of a corrupt cop.

Velcoro dies because he couldn't accept not being a father to fat pussy.

> The retarded faggot that just wanted to ride his motorcycle?

That's what you got out of that? He spells it out for the whole audience

>I don't know how to be out in the world
>I'm just trying to be a good man.

>The alcoholic corrupt cop?

Who was turned that way for avenging his wife who was raped.

>The sociopathic gangster?

Sociopathic? How? And watching Frank take back his life was satisfying as hell.