Talking to a cool German guy

>talking to a cool German guy
>he then tells me his name is Kevin
>mfw
Why do Euros pick the worst names?

Other urls found in this thread:

scb.se/hitta-statistik/statistik-efter-amne/befolkning/amnesovergripande-statistik/namnstatistik/pong/tabell-och-diagram/nyfodda--efter-namngivningsar-och-tilltalsnamn-topp-100/pojknamn/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kevin is actually the archetypical pleb name in Germany. We even use the word "kevinism" to describe the phenomenon of lower-class parents giving their children stupid Anglo names like Ronny, Justin, Chantal, Jennifer etc. This behavior is most common in East Germany btw.

I know a guy named Cuck, he's sleeping under my bed, and goes wherever i go, putting me in awkard situations. Fuckin asshole

>in the calendar, there're names of saints for each day except 14 of July, it's 'la fête nationale'
>not enough space so they put 'fête nat' in the calendar
>niggers think it's a saint name so they name their children Fetnat

It's the exact same thing here. White uneducated trash that named their children after american shows from the 80s and 90s. They're called "Kevins" but usually come in different flavour Dylann, Jennifer etc
You used to have to take a catholic name before but the left changed that.

Kevin is actually an Irish name

*walks slowly towards you*

There are a lot of Kevins here too, thrash name for lower class people, Bryan and its variation are common too.

Brian is another Irish name, noticing a trend here

It's the HOG (Hiberian occupied Government) in the US, going for a one world government which capital would be Dublin.
They're slowly turning everyone into Irish.

Is Keith Irish? That's another gross name

I think it's Scottish, so it's still a shitty gaelic name

Yeah, the proletariat and the gypsies here name their kids like this.

>tfw robert

Keith is scottish so it's fine

Adolf is the best.

While michael moore is trash he isn't Irish

What's a good German name? Hans? Gustaf?

SCHACKELINE JEHE VON DIE REJALE WECH ODER ICH WUMMRE DICH EHNE!!

There is Moomin's house

Adolf?

we have the same with Braian and Jessica

zitto animale

how odd
These names would be considered lower class names here too

Maybe all lower class people just get together and decide on shit names

>Ronny, Justin, Chantal, Jennifer
>"ronü", "yustin", "hyantaal", "yennifer"

Here they do it after spanish soap operas. I've met so many kids/younger people with names like Alice, Beatrice, Daria, etc.

On a side note, in school I made fun of a girl for having a stereotypical soap opera name, only to find out that she was a second generation italian immigrant and that was just an italian name her parents gave her.

>Kevin is actually the archetypical pleb name in Germany.

Same here.

>Poppy

still good for a child but sounds not apt for an adult...

german names are considered outdated. only old people here are named Hubert, Johann etc.

most common here are hebraic names.

Here gypsies name their kids Kevin, Eduardo, Lorenzo and the like

Literally the same here, names like Michael and Sharon are also common here among plebs

Don't know honestly. Those you named are very oldschool, i know nobody under 60 who is named Hans or Gustav.
There is a tendency in my age group of using shitty christian names like Thomas, Matthias, Stefan, Markus, Christian(!),
I know at least 2 of each.

>ronny

Here it is Conny, kek

Male names ending with a Y are considered trashy here.

Siegfried, Bernhard, Heinrich, Anselm, Lothair, Gerhard and Conrad are such cool names though

I would argue Alice is still in the acceptable range.
Unless they also go for Anglo pronunciation

Maybe 100 years ago

More like 60.
My fathers first name is Burghard.

Old school Germanic names such as Alfred, Ludvig seem to gain in popularity here, even if the most popular names are primarily Latin.

scb.se/hitta-statistik/statistik-efter-amne/befolkning/amnesovergripande-statistik/namnstatistik/pong/tabell-och-diagram/nyfodda--efter-namngivningsar-och-tilltalsnamn-topp-100/pojknamn/

It appears names containing ÅÄÖ are not popular at all nowadays for practical reasons.

Alfie, which is short for Alfred, has been gaining popularity here over the past few years but it's also being picked up by lower class people

I'm an Alfred who has gone by Alfie for as long as I can remember, but I'm trying to switch to Alfred because it sounds far more professional than Alfie and then I don't have to be associated with lower class Alfie's

Walt Disney was of French orgin and Alfred Hitchcock was English

Is Fried, Linde or Mund names you can find in Germany, or are they rare?
Or variants of?

Ludvig is a great name.

>parents nearly named you ambrose

Gypsies give their kids names like these.
Kevin,Jessica,Elvispreslie,Nintendo etc.
And they use fonetic spelling (Dzsesszika)

This is, funnily enough, supported by research. Men whose names end with y are more likely to have a low socioeconomical status and are more at risk to engage in criminal behaviour.

>that feel when number one
bow to Oliver's glory, fucking namelets

I've literally never met someone who wasn't a loser called Kevin, getting a name like that just sets you up for failure

t.Kevin

What are non pleb names?
I really like names like Joseph and Johnathan

>We even use the word "kevinism" to describe the phenomenon of lower-class parents giving their children stupid Anglo names like Ronny, Justin, Chantal, Jennifer etc. This behavior is most common in East Germany btw

Fuckkk, Chantal? I'm not sure we're a fan of those names either. Ronny is okay (short for Ronald). I just dislike that the nickname becomes the name, Dan rather than Daniel for example. They could just give them the proper name and refer to them by the nickname. That's autism though.

Wilhem, Wolfgang.

>most common here are hebraic names.

I fucking hate that.

RATE MY NAME PLS

el-Melikü'l Mansur Zeynü'l-islam Nasîr-i emir'ül-müminin İmadeddin Zengi bin Aksungur

>tfw called kevin
>still more successful then all my peers with "normal" names
get fucked.

BURGER'd

topkek
that exactly the same here.
When you call somebody a kevin you mean an underage retard fag playing online game like CoD

overcompensating I see

If overcompensation leads to more success then why isn't everyone doing so?

>no muhammad
fake chart

>Siegfried

That name is badass as fuck.

>Bernhard

Like Bernard?

>Anselm

Did this name become Anselmo in other countries?

Alfred is a good name. But you don't get people calling themselves many Old English names here - Edward would be an exception.

>Alfred because it sounds far more professional than Alfie and then I don't have to be associated with lower class Alfie's

Archie is another one (short for Archibald).

>Like Bernard
Even tougher. It's Bernhard after all

>Oscar, Lucas, Oliver, Liam, Leo, Noah

Seriously, does every woman in Europe insist on recycling these shitty names? Are they seen as 'modern' or something?

my grandfather was Victor, his father was Edmund, his father was Alfred, and his father was Bartholomew

such cool names in my family that were ruined by trendy modern shit

are you guys fucking with me?
the exact same shit happens here

>elvispreslie
>nintendo

what

>this anime reaction picture will surely support the claims I just made.

>anime

Anselm is an old German name , it remained Anselm in England but in Italy, Spain+Portugal it became Anselmo and Anselme in France

Kevin and Jennifer are also regarded as the most low class names in Argentina. It is a global phenomenon.

they are mainly names taken from Hollywood movies and local soap operas. That is how they decide the names of their kids.

I am pretty sure many Kevins were born when Kevin Costner was successful before Waterworld.

Alfred, Edward, Wilfred, Edmund

Forgot to say about pic, a lot of lower class trashy names names, people seem to say are "old english", i do not believe them-i think its those people who are trying really hard to give their child a meaningful name but are too lower class to manage it

>Alfred
High class
>Edward
Same, high class.
>Wilfred
High-medium class
>Edmund
intellectual

I wanna name my kid Wilhelm. Such an oumpf behind it. But it also sounds so old. and i kind of think kids are shaped by their names

I'm glad I got named Fredrik. Sure, it's a common name in sweden. But it works every where almost. Like in france, Frederick, same in england/ usa. In german - Friedrich, etc. But it still isn't such an hipser and unoriginal name like "William" "Lucas" "noah" bllahhh

Franziska is my favorite girl's name.
The name sounds very sexy, maybe because a "Franziska" is actually a throwing axr, pic related.

For boys I like Wilhelm, Konrad, Herman (Herrmann = Lord Man), Siegfried and most names with *ger*, like Gerhart

>Lucas
I know a family with like 8 kids, all of them named L-names.

Fredrik is a very nice name I think and so are all it's variations.

I always joked about the Kevin thing, but all Kevins I know are actually pretty smart guys and completely the opposite of the popular sterotype

I once knew an Anselm, I used to call him "Amsel" ("ouzel), because he was a "dummer Vogel" ("stupid bird", common insult here).

Did you meet him Skiing in France?

>Elvispreslie,Nintendo

If I was French I would name my boy Arséne, great name

shows once again that they're real subhumans

How many Mohammads do you have in your family?

You hardly meet people with names like Edmond, Wilfred, Oswald etc. Edwin and Edgar too. You don't see many women with the name Edith either.

But Edizz is a beautiful name

You cant imagine I personally know gyppo named Tarzan and Elvis, there is also one named Rambo in my town

>Rambo
W T F
T
F

Why do the parents hate their child so much?

My best friend is called wilfred and i know an edmond and an edgar

gypsies

Robert is perfectly fine.

Is "Desmond" common among young people?

I have never met a desmond

No Kevins here, but we do have our fair share of low-class Jennifers, Jonathans and Michaels

It's a pity, men whose names end with *mond seem very trustworthy

What are some cute dutch names that one could name a potential daughter?

They give their kids really dumb names
Kevincostner (all in one)
Kazetta (Means (video)tape but whatever)