Looking like this

>looking like this
>making a literal manefesto about black metal
>makes the shittiest music ever
Is this what happens when school shooters become widely advertised and publicized musicians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nHuTKv2E58E
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6LguUL-e8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kel Havaal is one of the most innovative projects this decade, I don't understand the hate, especially when Sup Forums collectively jerks off over so much garbage. there's literally a Future thread with almost a hundred replies right now, like what the fuck

HHH is pretty much the ANTITHESIS of a school shooter and his music reflects that.

Kel Valhaal is the absolute proof that innovativeness, technical proficiency and artistic creativity can result in complete garbage.

This band sucks

>shooter
>has a sword
?

>havaal

I want to punch him in the face

Except for Von, US "black "metal"" is a joke

that is his melee weapon

Leviathan is good, especially his split with Xasthur

*cum
Von are the epitome of talentless hacks, you only like them because you think they're edgy

this
he's a pretentious prick, but he's on the right track. Maybe he can influence musicians to make some good shit along the lines of what he's been doing.

lmao how

*midi doot*

He sure looks and sounds like a school shooter

shut up hunter

this is what happens when your grandfather is an oil baron. Near infinite resources to make terrible music

Nah, there's other cool stuff as well

Havohej
Profanatica
Demoncy

youtube.com/watch?v=nHuTKv2E58E
lmao

>lmao how

show me a single song that sounds like Ontological Love

>inb4 "well I can't but it's shit so it doesn't matter"

it DOES matter, innovation is innovation regardless of opinion, it's not subjective so nobody knows how it will be viewed in the future.

it may be "radical" or "raw" or something but it's just not good music any way you put it. same goes for kel valhaal but hunter as a songwriter/guitarist for liturgy has more talent in his pinky than bands like von, black funeral or maybe krieg ever laid to record. that's just backwards

so then how can you know if it's good.

And doesn't something have to be influential to be innovative? No want wants to sound like Liturgy because it sucks.

this
he's literally the Metal version of Daniel Lopatin

>it DOES matter, innovation is innovation regardless of opinion
This is such a fucking dumb statement, and shows how little you know about music. It would be one thing if the dude's actually doing something really new and different, but everything he makes is just one thing or another with ideas from something else copypasted on top.

Look at Ontological Love for example. It's literally a hip hop beat the whole time but with the occasional double bass coming into it. Or Liturgy on Aesthetica where it's a Shellac knock-off with midi doot doots and amateur metal vocals.

Innovation like that is easy as fuck to do. I just went into my music player and pressed shuffle two times. The two artists I got were AnCo and Midori. Putting them together HHH style, literally just have the usual midori tracks, but instead of a piano replace it with a synth that has a ton of AnCo inspired effects. There's nothing like that in punk music of course, and the idea seems interesting, but that doesn't mean that it won't possibly sound like shit in execution.

Go listen to a hip hop group like Shabazz Palaces or something if you think "Ontological Love" is somehow interesting. It doesn't have the double bass drums, the production is far more esoteric with an actually talented vocalist allowing for far more interesting rhythms to be displayed than any garbage HHH will ever make.

while maybe not explicitly influenced by kel valhaal i could definitely see progressive soundcloud (t)rap or just prograp becoming its own established niche and he took one step towards that, might be seen ahead of its time

>song is called Bretzel
nothx

>Innovation like that is easy as fuck to do.
to come up with? sure, but to actually pull off? eh

>making a literal manefesto about black metal
it was a manifesto on "transcendental black metal" tho

also, reminder that this interview exists
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6LguUL-e8

>"I um, wrote a manifesto on transcendental black metal. which is the genre of music that we play"
>camera pans out
>everybody in the band visibly goes "oh fuck there he goes again"
pure comedy

I hate him for reinforcing the "USBM is all shit" meme.

That's the point...HHH isn't actually good considering he uses shitty midi sounds that can't be mixed/mastered all that well, his vocals in all styles are weak as fuck, and he doesn't have as good a grasp of the musical styles he's trying to put together.

it was an interesting move nonetheless, i'd like to see more artists have the courage to be this unapologetically serious

pretty much, he should just shut up and play his guitar because he's kinda good at that, but his zeal, "i wanna do this all by myself"-mentality paired with incompetence in most other areas is fun, and i guess you could package it as a post-internet thing

>It would be one thing if the dude's actually doing something really new and different

he is, once again show me a fucking song that sounds like that. if no one else is doing it, it IS new an different.

>Innovation like that is easy as fuck to do. I just went into my music player and pressed shuffle two times. The two artists I got were AnCo and Midori. Putting them together HHH style, literally just have the usual midori tracks, but instead of a piano replace it with a synth that has a ton of AnCo inspired effects. There's nothing like that in punk music of course, and the idea seems interesting, but that doesn't mean that it won't possibly sound like shit in execution.

this is irrelevant because what you did takes no effort or creativity. Ontological Love has fantastic production, he didn't just mash up two songs.

>Shabazz Palaces

Black Up is one of my favorite hip-hop albums ever but go suck your own dick for comparing it to HHH.