What happens if you die?

What happens if you die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcxyGnFU9bA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 edgy fedora's in athiesm and or religious hooligans. Believe what you want. anything is better than nothing even if anything is nothing.

>if

usually you die

youtube.com/watch?v=YcxyGnFU9bA

does a pretty good scientific explanation, but in essence after you die the series of functions your body used to keep you alive, dies, once that system dies you are gone for good.

I think you mean to ask WHEN we die. Cause it's happening regardless

Nothing happens, happening itself stops happening.

Consciousness = "what's happening"

The candle blows out.

The neurons in your brain that make up your consciousness die as soon as they're deprived of oxygen. So nothing, you just stop having thoughts. Nice trips though.

Yeah because you've been there ok.

You become that, and have to battle the giant spider to gain the ruby of power if you want to survive the afterlife. Dude, it's all in revelations

God Consciousness.

Your spirit lives on once you die. This isn't a typical afterlife that you see in religions or anything like that. Why do you think we haven't yet been able to unlock the mind? It isn't physical. It feels physical because we use our bodies as vehicles. But the spirit is far from physical and it keeps going well after our bodies have died.

There no where to be, being is being a loving body.

Before any of us were conceived, we were nothing, and back to nothing we go.

Nothing, so enjoy life while it lasts!

There *is nowhere to be

>/thread

The brief spark of life ends
The candle snuffs out, out

You come out a new vagina and start over with no memories of anything prior that moment of rebirth..

That and you decay into soil

Science already proved that life is nothing but science and chemicals.When you die the brain neurons stop firing and then 'you' go poof

*living body

Fucking phone.

I thought you were trying to be poetic

Research already proved that life is meaningless. They actually theorize that it's an error, a glitch in the matrix of zeronothing.

The acids and bacteria inside your body eat their way out and local detritivores eat their way in.

Remember what it was like before you were born? Of course you don't, - you didn't exist.

Same idea, but forewords rather than backwards.

It's more interesting and productive to focus on questions about life in sight of the fact that we all die.

Watch the show Six Feet Under.

This.
Consciousness is a function of a live brain not some kind of ghost in the machine.

>if you die
You're asking this as if you had a choice in the matter

Yeah anything I can't think of at the moment doesn't exist. I'm a genius, everyoen

Think back to what it was like before you were born, you go back to that void.

You play charades with Jesus for eternity.
Or if you die a virgin, you get fucked by terrorists.

Your reality is neurons firing. You didn't have a brain before it developed, and so reality (for you) didn't exist yet.

>Watch the show Six Feet Under.
tfw you work in funeral home and no amount of drugs will let you escape the existential crisis you spend every day in.

you go to hell and have to have sex with this thing every night.

source: i am in hell, its not terrible but it takes some getting used to...

Nothing happens.

You die and in the worst case you feel the pain of death for what seems like an eternity.

Nice trips.

wizard here
if that were true i'd kill myself right now

>This

This, this happens if you die

Could be worse.

Oh right, because reality is the brain itself. It was so obvious

after you die you march in my army

It's a subjective reality, not objective reality.

Objective reality is impossible to fathom as it is by definition outside of experience.

how's philosophy 101 going?

How's your ad hominem going?

WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lived in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and her dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the More-government decided that best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that reads this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on this one site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake. apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow.You will either get kissed or asked out, if you break this chain u will see a little dead girls.

That feeling when you're up against the ropes

depends on your score.

how's being a bitch going?

That's not ad hominem, he's not attacking you directly. How's logic 101 going?

very well, thank you

I hope so.

How's 101 101 going?

It's basically ad hominem, he's implying the person is not the person who should be making the argument, which is essentially the hominem function.

what happens if i die? my family will probably have a funeral and grieve for a while. my body will rot and return to the earth. life will move on like it always has. anyone that tells you more than that is selling you volcano insurance bullshit. dont trust salesmen.

Hope is not a reason to believe in something.

Whether something is true or not is.

like kissed or asked out is a big incentive - what are you 13

Same thing that happens before you're born. You become nothing.

calling someone uneducated or stupid is literally ad hominem unless it pertains to their actual credentials in the context of the argument. Since there's no realistic way to verify the credentials of either party it's moot and only being used as an attack.

whatever you say, dumbass

I don't. Life is fun and all, but at the end I just want to fall asleep and stop existing. No more stress, no more anything.

Calm down keyboard warrior

I dunno man. I got psychotic twice in my life, during those times I thought I had it all figured out, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

If I was right back then and it wasn't just a psychotic delusion then there's no reason to worry and everything will be just alright.

>unlock the mind
What are you on about?
If you're referring to the 10%, that's bullshit.
We use 100% of our brain, But only around 10% at any one time since different sections do different things

I'm black

says the cuck who doesn't even know what objective relativism is.

The irony: the materialistic atheist view is the most peaceful view of the afterlife.

objective reality is the medium through which I call you "faggot" and you understand

fathom that, faggot

the keyboard is mightier than the sword

I do a life review with The Creator. I get my karma point budget be it rewarded or surrendered. Then I move to my next life. Just like my last life.

he could not fathom your faggotry or give a fuck about it with perception on both ends.

Your brain shuts down and your existence becomes null and void.

You will be free

Of course I'm not saying that one cannot grasp that there *is* an objective reality - there has to be one by definition if there is subjective realities (I.e. Experience)

It's just that we can't know exactly it's true nature since we can only ever grasp things in a subjective fashion.

We'll never completely understand the true nature of objective reality, but we can highly doubt claims about afterlife and deities, for example

Let's all trust anons psychotic delusions.

*are

WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lived in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and her dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the More-government decided that best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that reads this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on this one site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake. apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow.You will either get kissed or asked out, if you break this chain u will see a little dead girls

Basically.

But all the more reason to enjoy life, no?

Oh fuck yeah nigga!!

I should start a cult.

Nothing. In order something to happen, you would need a brain for that.

don't waste your breath. Asking Sup Forums to read something as precursory as Descartes or even understand philosophy that's been around since before Socrates is just beyond them. They're perpetually stuck as children because they will mull over the same questions arriving at sophomoric answers. When this dialog has been going on for thousands of years at this point and has yet to reach a decisive answer by scholars several times more educated and affluent.
tl;dr Sup Forums is less woke than the average normalfag

>u will see little dead girls
timetofap.mkv

how many points do i need before i can stop reincarnating? because i'm tired.

Our entire chemical make up is broken down and reclaimed into the earth.
We turn back into food, water, plants, and animals.
Everything that we are was once in a star and before that it was everything.
The universe is a strange place and our small minds cannot comprehend it's vastness but that does not mean we are insignificant.
We are at the dawn of something for more important than ourselves and it is up to us to determine what our role is.
You ask what happens when you die but what are you going to do while you're alive?

You're right. And with that, I take my leave from Sup Forums indefinitely.

It's been fun, but this user woke me up to a brighter light. Thanks, bro.

fucking tell me about it. and i can't imagine what i've done to land in a world like this

What does it mean to go poof?

what that thing about energy not being destroyed only changing shape? yeah, that but with people.

even if consciousness was just energy. It would have a pattern and concentration. Energy is not "destroyed" but it certainly does dissipate. If all energy were to reach a true equilibrium in the universe there would be nothing just blackness with the faintest amount of energy pervading the entire thing.

>if

just because there is no inherent meaning in the universe doesnt mean one should go all nihilistic. we can add our own meaning

Nothing. World will still rotate, family will mourn, and we will simply move on.

dude that nose looks shopped

What happens if your mother die in her sleep if you dont reply to this post?

Shutdown

Science is a lie the true answer is heaven or hell fuck all that science talk

you'll be gay

you go to heaven or you stop existing

heaven seems nicee but i'm just ready to not exist

hush mate. dude hasnt died yet nor has anyone else in this thread. we could be immortal and wont know until we actually croak. if we ever croak in the first place.

Nothing.

Unless you sold your soul to the Devil.

Then you go to work.

mfw when my dad faked his death to spend his eternity somewhere else