Why are customers so angry? Why do they get mad at employees for simply following policy...

Why are customers so angry? Why do they get mad at employees for simply following policy? Why can't they take "no" for an answer? Why do they make our jobs harder than they should be? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

secretofsuccess.club
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why are employees so angry? Why do they get mad at customers for simply asking for a price match? Why can't they put price tags in the right place? Why do they make our lives harder than they should be? Why?

>Why are employees so angry? Why do they get mad at customers for simply asking for a price match? Why can't they put price tags in the right place? Why do they make our lives harder than they should be? Why?

>>Why are employees so angry? Why do they get mad at customers for simply asking for a price match? Why can't they put price tags in the right place? Why do they make our lives harder than they should be? Why?

Doesn't relate to me. I work in fast food. I handle all situations with a smile. Do you get angry and show it to an employee when this happens though?

customers are often angry because they've paid for something and they didn't get it. and when they bring it up, the staff are directed by management to give them the runaround and try to get out of giving the customer what they paid for. chiseling bastards.

> at Burger King Drive through
> order four burgers, drinks and fries for friends
> pay for it
> pickup
> it's one burger, a small drink, no fries
> "this isn't what we ordered"
> "you'll have to park over there sir and wait for the manager"
> wait 25 minutes
> no manager

fuck it. where's the shotgun. time to re-enact that scene from "Falling Down".

Change your life op
secretofsuccess.club

I just wonder why they get mad at me just because I tell them policy. Like they insult me personally.

What about situations where there isn't an order mix up. People cuss me out just because I say I'm not allowed to do something their way. They say they don't care when I tell them I risk my job if I do it their way. What's the reasoning for them getting angry on that?

Because as some one with a law degree, I know what legally can be done and can't be done.

So store policy normally means "we just don't want to do the hassle, even if we're legally obliged too."

if there isn't a mix-up then those people are in the wrong. i think that kind of entitlement goes with the high fructose corn syrup in fast food. you don't want the customers to act like toddlers on speed, then don't feed them concentrated sugar.

Granted I don't get "angry" but I am confrontational, but normally my obtuse action is to ask for management because I understand the rank and file are not supposed to do anything.

It's a shame because that's what they're ordering. That and butter, a FUCKLOAD of butter.

Do you have any examples? I want to see how well they would fly at my job. I want to see if you have a good reason or you're just being a dick

because if they shit/piss/whine they get what they want. and you are the outlet on which they shit/piss/whine upon until your supervisor buckles and give them what they want.

you sir, are the outlet. that's the nature of retail sales now.

not a single place in town takes my FOID card as a legal form of ID for any age-regulated purchases

>state regulated
>State Police issued
>federally recognized
>federally backed
>matching every bit of information on my driver's license

I'm fast food and statistically about 80% of those who whine/complain, don't get what they want. They just make a scene even after we gave them their order and we have to tell them to leave otherwise we have no choice but to call security

Consumers are the most blind, unintelligent, ignorant people i've ever dealt with in my life.

Petulant children..

I question almost every time I work "have these people really gone through 30 years of life and still not know about manners?"

I remember a famous old saying about how if you want to measure the character of a person, don't judge them based on how they treat their superiors or their equals. Look at how they treat people they perceive to be inferior to them.

Because that's fast food and retail employees, in their eyes. They can't get angry at the politicians who fuck them around, nor the cops who ticket them for breaking the laws, nor their boss who is laughably inept at his job. No, the only outlet these people have for their rage are the people whose job it is to serve others. It's the only time they can get away with being a dick to someone with no consequences.

Obviously this is compounded by idiots screwing up their orders and being inept at their job, but some people will just be an asshole to you even if you do everything right, because you're the only person they can be assholes to.

To be honest I replied before seeing it about the thread. I don't eat fast food/never worked in the industry , so nothing to help there.

Mostly with hotels and rental car agencies, complaining about using the company card in a different persons name/checking in at the wrong time.

Also with phone/cable companies that will deliberate give you the run around for rises prices on your contract that was never specifically specified in the original agreement.

:(

So that's why that guy cussed me out today when I asked if he wanted ice in his drink. Plot twist he was the one guy who said "No" for ice.

I like that saying though, it tells quite a bit.

Yeah I can't relate to that at all. Hopefully you're in the right

They are major corporations that try to get away with literal bullshit, and I'm not mad at the employees, but you have to be firm or they will try bullshit you, because they are instructed to.

I'll admit my life was more privileged than most (not super wealthy just rural north east where everything is white and stable) , curious about what fast food people do if your willing to share a few stories user.

because just help us out. Be a bro. What's it to you?

i think it may just be people who are extremely unhappy with life. like very very very pissed off. i am often depressed or mad, yet i never make it a point to shit on those who work menial jobs.. in fact, i dont really think about them at all. i just get my shit and go. dont worry, op. the people who go out of their way to be dickheads are just that.. dickheads

Yeah it's definitely useful if you want to get a real measure of a person's personality. Originally I think "inferiors" meant things like pets and children but obviously most people are gonna treat those good cause of the emotional attachment. I think employees or service industry workers and such make a much better example, because you aren't obligated to like and forgive those people.

Honestly though if I have one gripe about fast food it's the ridiculous amount of ice that gets put in drinks, I always have to order light or no ice or the contents of my cup winds up being like 80% ice and water. Don't know why that became the norm, it's really annoying as shit. Not trying to justify that dude's attitude towards you, your post just made me remember something I always wondered about.

I've been working customer service for almost 10+ years and it always astonishes me the amount of legitimate grown ass adults can throw a meltdown in less than a second. Its almost like they turn into children and I always wonder how they don't feel embarrassed acting like that in public? Or when grown ups yell at 14-16 girls who are just doing their jobs. I honestly can't believe they would appreciate it if someone of their age belittled/screamed at their daughters/loved ones in the same manner.

It just boggles my brain the many different types of people you can encounter on a daily basis. That, and when you think you've seen/heard it all someone always does something worse.

Just today this dude called me an idiot because I asked if he wanted ice with his drink.

"if I didn't want ice I wouldn't fucking asked you idiot."

However about 90% of customers who ask for a drink want ice whenever I ask. I mean it doesn't hurt to ask right?

Later on came rush hour (my favorite tbh) and we are told to get this line moving. Serve fast and correctly. I finish serving a nice customer. I'm open for the next person. A black dude is next he's staring at his phone so I wave and loudly say "Hello sir, I'm ready to serve you!". I continue waving but this dude is taking too long so I'm gonna call for the guy behind him.

The black dude looks at me and puts his hand forward then says "I see you calm the fuck down, shit man dayum". Ouch, well I didn't think you saw me as you didn't even look at me or even move up to the register. Handled his order flawlessly. Had I been a bit newer I would've been so nervous that I would've messed up his order.

Back when I was new I only messed up orders for customers that gave me attitude at the very beginning. I got nervous that I was gonna mess up and they would get mad and then I messed up. So it was their fault really.

Now I only mess up orders if they're vague. Like when they say "I want one jalapeno". Well a jalapeno what? We have a jalapeno pretzel, hotdog, dip, and the most vague of them all, jalapeño pepperoni pretzel. You'd be amazed how many times they say they want a pepperoni or jalapeño and actually mean the pretzel with both, not the pretzel that has one or the other.

And of course they get mad when I double check their order with them. They also get mad when I can't see what their pointing at. Mainly because the display is tilted so it's easy for the customer to see the food but hard for us. Also I'm tall so I have to crouch in an already small spaced area. The metal and lights also reflect so much that it's a miracle that I can even see through the glass let alone their finger.

If it makes you feel better I only fill the ice to about 30% as they always come back and complain or try to get a refund for their already finished drink because there was so much ice it melted into water and dilated their beverage.

Whenever they ask for more or less ice I just show them the cup with ice and ask "How's that? More or less?". I think I'm nailing it because they almost always say "it's perfect"

That sounds fucking terrible, I genuinely feel bad for you bro,

This isn't what I was referring to when complaining about things with store policy, this is legitimate unintelligence and completely unaware individuals.

Becuase your dumbass deserve it. Works at a stupid job gets treated like the scum they are go to school faggot

You make a choice to work for that company....
You make a choice to uphold their policy
You want the money that comes with working where you do so you have to take the heat aswell.

Just do what every self respecting person does and fuck their product up in some way or just make their life as hard as possible without being obviously obstructive.

Found the NEET

Heh I remember my second day of work. A man with his family came by and they all looked so fucking depressed and sad. My managered talked to me and told me about the money in the register "the day starts and ends with $100". The rest of the cash at the end of the day goes into a safe. She told me to be smart about people who pay with big bills

Anyways, I get the morning shift of my 2nd day working my first legitamite job. Man comes in and orders a pizza pretzel, it's $4.88. The dude pulls out a $100 bill to pay. This is my first customer of the day so if he wants his change of $95.12 I'd basically be giving him everything I have in my register meaning I wouldn't be able to give change to any other customers.

I tell him "I'm sorry I don't have change for this do you have anything smaller?". He stays quiet, takes the cash, and starts looking through his wallet. Says "all I have are hundreds". Me being the naive little shit I am, I tell him about the ATM machine that's right behind us. That was my second mistake. He tells me "Is not my problem, is you problem" he locks eyes with me and points right at my face. "go to the ATM and get change.

Oh... I am in school though. I'm graduating this year as my GPA has been 3.5 throughout it all, I even made the dean's list a few times. Am I suppose to be a doctor now or something?

I'm taking a class for my CNA next year. Even then I gotta wait for a year to see if I'm accepted or rejected from the nursing program.

How am I suppose afford to eat until then?

Dunno man. Even when employees are at fault I never feel the need to jump down their throats over inconsequential shit.

A lot of people have a chip on their shoulder and they're walking around looking for an excuse to justify getting pissed off and talking down to someone. These people are assholes.

You know the phrase "Go big or go home"? That's me. I either go all out or not at all. Meaning I either poison their food severely that they'll die painfully and won't come back or I do the meal correctly as if I fuck up even just a tiny bit, they'll be back to chew my ass again but this time for a legitamite reason

Wtf? What do you expect me to do? Use my own credit card and basically give you $95 all for your stupid little pretzel?

Now the part where I fucked up is when I handed him the food before he paid me. Now this guy had an angry attitude so he obviously wasn't gonna give me back the pretzel, that's theft and I would be forced to call security.

I tell him I can't accept it and I need the pretzel back otherwise he's stealing and security will be called. He holds his ground. Fucking hell. His entire family behind him, especially his daughters, look so fucking sad and awkward that their father is about to get security called on him just because he can't take "no" for an answer. I'll never forget their sad faces, they didn't want to be there.

My coworker decides to step in and give the dude his change of $95. I'm smiling through all of this because that's just how I am. I look the dude in the eyes while my coworker gives him his change and he says "stop looking at me". I follow shit by the book and nowhere in the book does it say I can't look at customers. He can't touch me because if he does then the police get involved, not security.

So he gets his change I wish him a great day and smile even bigger, he gives me a look like he wants to choke me.

Now because of that, my coworker wasn't able to give change for the rest of the day. To satisfy 1 person it sacrificed the potential 100 others.

Lesson learned? Never trust customers and always get the cash

I like you man, you're definetly the guy who I'd give the freshest bag to. The only god-like power I have at work is deciding whether the customer gets the old or the new bag.

The best part is even if someone wants the fresh bag I tell them it's against policy, dangerous, and wasteful to give them it. Maybe if they actually worked fast food or took the food handler card test they'd know why

You make it sound like a problem i grow shit tons of weed bro i havent worked for 6 years. I have plenty of disposable income and dont have jumped up shit lords telling me what the fuck to do.

Your move slave.

I'd get caught selling weed and my ass would be thrown in jail. My life would be over

Where i live is easy to get away with im just lucky.

What's it to me? Well I can lose my job for not following policy. The manual tells of immediate termination for going against policy. Sorry man but I prefer to eat than overdose myself because dying of hunger is painful

Yeah I'm the opposite, I have shit luck

I use to be that guy/customer.

But after realizing it doesn't made any difference, i keep it polite now.

shit sucks man. I work in a liquor store in aus. People get real shitty if you catch them without ID. No one gives a fuck that you could be fired and fined $18,000(not kidding). Everyone thinks they should be the exception, and you're the asshole for inconveniencing them.
BONUS ROUND my store requires i ID anyone who looks under 30, if i don't i get threats from managers.

rich fags like me think its fucking hilarious