How does it make you feel that we are living in a simulation?

How does it make you feel that we are living in a simulation?

Let me explain this shit.
The argument for simulation starts with the fact that we had these shitty games in the 70's, few pixels just moving on the screen. Now we have these photorealistic 3D open-world games where thousands of people can play at the same time. Also we have super computers that can simulate human hearts etc. The simulations and games will become so realistic, that you can't tell the difference between a simulated reality, and the "real" reality.

If far future, like in 1k years, future posthumans will definitely run simulations from the past. If these simulations are so realistic, that you can't tell the difference, what makes you so sure that we are not already living in a simulation?

How does Sup Forums feel about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

simulation-argument.com/simulation.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanesco_broccoli
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what happens if i kill myself in this simulation

Feels like that no matter what we believe we still won't be able to change the fact we're living in a simulation ( if it's even true) So humoring the idea of it, by extension, is pointless.

this.

it's really no different than already aknowledgeing that one doesn't understand the universe.

Well, i can't tell for sure...
But without your brain you can't feel or sense anything.
It would be just void, emptiness that you'd miss.

>If these simulations are so realistic, that you can't tell the difference, what makes you so sure that we are not already living in a simulation?

And if they are, then there are millions of people playing these simulations, and the odds that we are living in the one actual reality instead of one of the millions of sims becomes, well, millions to one.

It would explain why fractals are everywhere through nature, and why the universe has a hard speed limit of the speed of light -- lazy programming. And all the weirdness on the quantum level, where the simulation runs out of resolution, like when you walk really close to a wall in a game and the texture gets blurry

Fuck.

So either you deny the self-evidence of your own subjectivity, or you have to believe that Nathan Drake is a real person. Which is it?

Bump

on the bright side, maybe there's no hell to worry about in a simulation. .... unless the sim was written by christfags.

>unless the sim was written by christfags

This is terrifying

right? considering how so many people treat things like cleverbot, the sims, roller coaster tycoon people etc, you know somebody out there would code an endless loop of terror for their hyper-realistic simulated beings just to feel better about their cyberneckbeard nogf space herpes lips.

its irrelevant, you can be a faggot living in the simulation

Its lacking in any evidence.

this could also be an organic simulation. like our universe is just one complex computer for collecting data - a la hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

it makes me happy

Your life variable of the near-infitinally growing 'life' array variable turns to zero.
Nothing more than a 1 turning to a 0

is that like getting a sex change?

knowledge

i think you watched too many movies, OP.

But yes, I do fear the future sometimes.

No, that son is mutilating your genitalia (either pulling it out and reshaping or snip snip and push in) for a near meaningless cause and then ruining your body at an early age at which you wouldn't know any better.

simulation-argument.com/simulation.pdf

you respawn. maybe not on earth, but another planet with different people. maybe you become a cat.

stop and look closer at the numbers 1 and 0

Why should it matter? Our only value is that which we proscribe ourselves.

Well fugg

Still tho, life is meaningless. My life is worth no more or less than your's or Trump's.

Can a simulation simulate our individual thought?
Why would someone even bother programming all that in? Just because modern games look pretty doesn't mean much, the ai behind them is still pretty shitty or scripted.
If we're in a simulation that means all our needs, desires, fears are all programmed.

>guy playing me just sits around playing old in game mini games and masturbating all day

My player is a fucking loser

wait...

Who said someone had to script it all, majority could be temporary, self-made code that merely expands, created new arrays and loops where needed. Your thought is nothing more than a temporary subfunction running a mix of previous experiences

The reality we know must be programmed to look something like the true reality. If we are in a simulation, then it would have no context or purpose if it wasn't simulating the actual reality or some simplified version of it.

In other words: I don't care. Ass and titties and sunshine are still a real thing, and I've got drugs to do. I'd prefer to stay plugged in if it's all the same. Even if I could somehow understand and coexist with a "race" of people capable of creating me and everything I know, I have a feeling they'd only be interested in a bunch of shit that I find super boring

what implies that death means my brain "turns off"
where is the evidence past "dude lmao youre in a simulation *bong rip*" there a 1000s of explanations from all different cultures on human existence, this sounds like you watched the matrix and said "what if."

cyborg posthuman runs retro organic original human simulation to see what life was like before things like death, aging, disease and unpredictable reproduction were figured out.

perhaps this is how really advanced posthumans understand their present, by revisiting the species' past.

It makes me feel like you last line should b ur first line and ur first ur last b/c i didnt read any of that shit nigga

i thought the speed of light was just the limits to current human scientific observation. im pretty sure there are theoretical particles that travel faster than light, but thats why they are THEORETICAL i suppose.

i have to say that we can always go on miniclip and play free easy 2d geames that is extremely entertaining and help with connecting you to reality also there's south park which is unrealistic that animation is perfect cause its so bad that its good pure comedy

If we're in a simulation in a future far enough to be capable of creating it, why are they stimulating these years? Or have they been running this since the beginning of humanity? The beginning of the universe?
If the simulation is sped up or time is skipped relative to them, what happens to us? Or have they really been running this simulation that long?

fuck i hate this

Maybe we are aren't so much as a simulation but more so a recording of humans. Maybe time isn't like it is when playing say Sims 3, maybe time is completely different. Maybe it was just perceived that all of that happened before, and it actually didn't, what if we were all created in code yesterday, maybe loaded up from a save file that we knew not that we were a part of. Wew

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species, and I realised that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment; but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer on this planet, you are a plague, and we...are the cure.

So, you read some title about the "holographic universe" theory, payed no attention to the physics or the explanation and came up with this gamrerboi dream shit.
Nice going op.

This is already a simulated reality, by that nomenclature at least. Our FPS is 1.855 × 10^43 and just like in games, and in the matrix, we can learn to merge ourselves (when you realize there is no spoon you will see it is you that bends) with it we are realized as God.

Well a computer could be powerful enough to calculate all of life even if it was sped up or skipped.
I know we don't really understand human memory, but it doesn't seem like we could be loaded up like that. Unless all of our past life has been basically a loading screen?

way to be out of the loop

I wanna discover the glitch that makes me clip through walls or the one that makes me invincible

>>Memory seems to be a no more stringent constraint than processing power.[8] Moreover, since the maximum human sensory bandwidth is ~108 bits per second, simulating all sensory events incurs a negligible cost compared to simulating the cortical activity. We can therefore use the processing power required to simulate the central nervous system as an estimate of the total computational cost of simulating a human mind.
>If the environment is included in the simulation, this will require additional computing power – how much depends on the scope and granularity of the simulation. Simulating the entire universe down to the quantum level is obviously infeasible, unless radically new physics is discovered. But in order to get a realistic simulation of human experience, much less is needed – only whatever is required to ensure that the simulated humans, interacting in normal human ways with their simulated environment, don’t notice any irregularities. The microscopic structure of the inside of the Earth can be safely omitted. Distant astronomical objects can have highly compressed representations: verisimilitude need extend to the narrow band of properties that we can observe from our planet or solar system spacecraft

psychedelics

Or a bunch of meaningless jambled together bits from a 'life memories' table, all it would take is to add that to be read when you think of your past. Its possible all of your good times never happened and even if they did seem so lifelike nothing is stopping them from being merely generated.

Although I don't do drugs anymore. I still want to revisit an LSD mushroom trip. OP you are focusing too much on technology and what man has created.

Dumb it down a little, take a trip in nature. Or go to the beach at night on shrooms and see the night sky start blending in with itself.

All I know is when I was tripping in a house with electronics and man made stuff I felt very uncomfortable and confused. When I stepped out into the yard my trip instantly became more understandable and positive

Tldr don't be a fag and go take some psychs

Reincarnation. You failed being human, try again until you beat this level.

>i thought the speed of light was just the limits to current human scientific observation.
Kinda, but it's also flexible if the aether is moving (at a significant rate).

This. Also meditation.

>Reincarnation. You failed being human, try again until you beat this level.

You're joking, right?

Uhhh what fractals in nature? Did you hear this from stupid hippies?

OP is a nigger tard.

>humans send probes and rovers and shit
>future human's computer crashes trying to render outer space
Kek

No. Though it's not that straight forward, it's the basic truth.

Every time you live you do learn things that are written into your higherself/spirit so in a way you do acculminate XP in the form of predispositions to things or skills (e.g., being a master at something from early childhood or suddenly realizing you had an ability and have amazing natural "talent")

The ultimate goal is to ascend to the next level of existence, which the very next step would be a higher/more complex form as a step towards a completely aetherial being of pure energy.

Look around you fool it truly is every where, however you need the eyes to see...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanesco_broccoli

Bro it's a maze of simulation. Realize that you are both simulating and simulated and you can have a great effect on the world

Hey that's on our website

10sineoutreach () org

How did you know?

I it were a simulation then the simulation would make you think that and it cant be scientifically tested.

If it were a simulation then why didn't they "pull the plug?" and if they haven't yet they would most likely do so once we achieve that sense of realization.

If it were a simulation and if you were to "leave" the simulation, what makes it any different from the lesser reality you were in? It can be an infinite loop that can never be proven.

This shit goes as far back as Plato's description of men locked in a dungeon. They are locked by chains on bot arms and feet and the only thing they can see is the wall in front of them. Behind them is a walkway where a fire is lit and men can walk behind the prisoners on the walkway casting their shadows on the wall. If the prisoners were only, in a hypothetical sense, to see the shadows no more or no less then what they are looking at is a lesser reality.

It can never be a theory but it is very intriguing and can even defend the case of there being a God if you want to go on a religious tangent.

read some baudrillard and kurzweil and stop posting shit on /b

I feel sad for whoever is spending his life watching me live mine.

Maya.

Damn dude that's deep

Like your moms anus