youtube.com/watch?v=qR0K0mmm6R4
youtube.com/watch?v=bXldvojPwvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AHHH!

AHHH!

AHHH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

better than Nirvana thats for sure

My favorite band when I was 16. I still like them.

HEY NAH NAH NAH

my second favorite band of all time. they are peak grunge. they dont get enough credit. cantrell was a master of guitar and staley was a master of song writing. they had such a haunting sound about them, it cant be matched or duplicated. cantrell and staleys vocal pairings was once in a lifetime.

way better and none of the annoying ironic shit nirvana had, like jerry cantrell could actually play guitar solos instead of just sounding like a dying goose like nirvana did

I see you're still in that phase of your early to mid teens when you've stopped thinking that Nirvana is the greatest band to ever exist and started posting comments on Internet forums about how they're the most overrated shit band ever.
Either that or you're some kind of 2deep4u music contrarifuck who can't appreciate a decent band that just happens to be extremely popular and has a fanbase full of teenage girls who wear their shirts thinking that they're into some kind of alternative outsider music.

youtube.com/watch?v=qR0K0mmm6R4

I think that you may be afflicted with the disease tentatively known as "This was my favorite band in middle/high school because I could really relate to their music and not the mainstream shit that didn't happen to cater to my sensibilities"-itis. Symptoms of this horrible plague include but are not limited to:
-still liking said band even and never tiring of their music even though you've moved on with your taste.
-having a "x band can do no wrong" attitude about said band, and ALWAYS disagreeing with the general consensus of which of their albums are shit and which aren't. Not to say that having contrarian opinions is somehow wrong, just saying that in this case you might want to consider whether or not this is due to your nostalgic feelings for the band
>being too ashamed to say that it is indeed one of your favorite bands in conversation with people
I am currently suffering through this horrible affliction with Marilyn Manson, and I understand what you are going trough. The first step in getting better is always admitting that you have a problem.

nutshell is a masterpiece. i fucking love AIC

You sound like a 15 year old metal head whos obsessed with technicality and doesnt realize Kurt could actually shred (to an extent)

This.

>Kurt could actually shred
to no extent could he shred. if he could have, he would have guaranteed

They play in E flat.

They missed huge opportunities because of Layne's heroin addiction.

The new singer is great and sounds a lot like Layne live. Saw them live in 2014

You obviously havent heard their early live recordings.

Shredding isnt hard to do if you play guitar for an extended amount of time.

I bet you couldnt even play mrs buttersworth all the way through, let alone know what song Im even talking about

You seem like the kind of dude that dropped a bunch of bands that he enjoys immediately upon learning to play an instrument or just music theory.

actually i was born in '94. im a bit younger than you think. you may be right in a way though. they were some of the first music i was exposed to at a very young age because my father loved them as well. they were also the first cd's i would choose to play on my own when i got my first cd player, first music i uploaded to an mp3. that kind of thing. part of the reason i like them so much is the nostalgic feeling i get when listening to them. brings me back to 'rocking out' with my dad when i was 3 or 4, some of my earliest memories

>If I would, could you?

what did they mean by this?

iktf. Same exact thing happens to me when it comes to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

i never listened to nirvana or aic as a teenager so i dont have any nostalgia bias. i learned about guitar and music theory alot throughout my teens and early 20's and i continue to do so constantly.

i started listening to classic rock radio at work where they play nirvana and aic pretty consistently, especially because i live in the pacific northwest.

i never really listened to either of them when i was younger so i can put them on a level playing field. aic are much more interesting to me both in terms of songwriting and technical ability.

I was born in 1995, though. Forgot to add.

this desu, early nirvana was actually pretty fast

like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=bXldvojPwvo

Cantrell is one of the best guitarists of the 90s and his solo stuff is very underrated

Well that's just bollocks
I grew up on britpop and used to dislike grunge but it was Alice in Chains that changed my opinion on the genre 5 years ago
They were really something else

I STAAAAAAAAAAAY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

>staley was a master of song writing
Did you know that Jerry Cantrell composed the huge majority of Alice in Chains' songs? For example: Jerry composed ALL of pic related's songs, while Layne only wrote the LYRICS for 5 of them.

This.
Nirvana>Alice in Chains.

Aic is one of my favorites. Shame what happened to Staley.

Layne contributed a lot on the self-titled album, he wrote most if not all the lyrics

he did most shows on heroin, hes not holding guitar correctly, obviously doing this on purpose