Can we all agree the MLB has the best postseason of the 4 major american sports, by far?

Can we all agree the MLB has the best postseason of the 4 major american sports, by far?

Even if you're not a huge baseball fan, the playoffs have the perfect balance between drama and truly finding the 'best' team of the year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SY8veYHH5eA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. hockey
2. baseball
3. football
90001. the two teams everyone picked before the season started running back and forward scoring pointless points against eachother for 7 games

And more than half the league makes the """""""""playoffs"""""""""

i still think nba playoffs are good, even if predictable. makes upsets that more thrilling.

hockey there's barely such thing as upsets.

same for hockey..

I love beisbol, but hockey has the best playoffs

Why though, they're way too long (just like basketball) and canada's teams always underperform.

I can only stand watching NFL playoffs.

NBA is a joke, don't even bother watching. MLB, even if it's my home team, I'll literally skip half the series easily.

Football is just the superior sport in every way to everything else.

Hockey has the best most series goes 7 games even if its a shitty seeded team

Yeah but i'm not just talking about most exciting, also considering format.

Like wouldn't you want to make the opening rounds a little shorter if you had the chance? Even more chances for upsets

every game in hockey is a grind thats why the stanley cup means so much

>Drama
Dude, what? Baseball is boring as fuck.

Football has the best playoffs. 1 and done. No drawn out series and maximum potential for upsets and butthurt.

Hockey is the GOAT playoffs sport

The playoffs aren't

It's still baseball though, so that sucks.

1. Baseball
2. Football
POWER GAP
9001. Hockey
APEHOOP GAP
90000000000001. Basketball

t. Chimpanzee who somehow watches sports

>not appreciating the most cerebral and skill-oriented sport

>truly finding the 'best' team of the year
>le team that spends the most money

>hockey there's barely such thing as upsets
kek

this is perfect m8

>luckswing
>skill-oriented

>luckswing.
Here we go, boys

>NBA playoffs

>favored team wins
>"They were supposed to win all along, how predictable! This sport sucks!"
>different team wins
>"They were supposed to be the best team and they can't even finish the job? This sport sucks!"

>hockey there's barely such thing as upsets.
no

>furpuck
>not being last because of the shitiness of the """"""sport"""""

>youtube.com/watch?v=SY8veYHH5eA

implying anything is better then playoff hockey

1.NHL
2.MLB
3.NFL
4.NBA

>truly finding the 'best' team of the year.
>play 162 game regular season, impossible for quality teams to not make postseason
>best of 5, dont have to put all your arms on the mound
>best of 7, team catches fire and memes its way to title
i enjoy mlb playoffs but its a crapshoot. nba playoffs are pretty awful but the best team wins 90% of the time

thats what im saying mlb is a good mix

nba there's no chance for upsets, nfl with only 1 game anything can happen. mlb is a good in between

I love baseball and football postseasons

But hockey is the de facto king probably due to the crowd being louder and players playing rougher especially the tackles

You don't get that in NBA because it feels extremely scripted

You can get a lot of upsets in NHL playoffs the STL blues in general last season for example

>tackles
>the blue doing anything but choking

not an argument

>truly finding the 'best' team of the year.
fuck no
they play 162 games for a reason, and it's also called luckswing for a reason. The worst team in the fucking league can get hot and take a 5 or 7 game series from the best team easily.

the old system where it was just the AL champ and the NL champ in the series was GOAT, and a lot of prestige went into just winning the pennant since that's what really determines the best teams

mlb playoffs are still good though, the fact that they're a crapshoot makes it exciting, any team can win. But as said that's also a bad thing

They went up against the second biggest choke artist in the league and lost like the biggest choke artist they are
San Jose proceeded to choke in the finals to reminds folks never to bet on them

>furpuck

Can't hide the shitiness of the sport

>being able to get a 90-101mph ball is luck
I can legit throw 60 yard passes ,passes not wobbly jump balls, but does that mean I can walk in the NFL despite being untrained for it?

reminds me of the retards who told me betting on the cardinals in week 1 is a "lock". Haven't these idiots learned to not doubt the patriots.

"upsets" are far more likely in the mlb playoffs than nfl.

because in the mlb there is hardly such a thing as an upset, as mentioned playoffs are a crapshoot

is this bait, obviously it takes skill and talent to play any sport at the highest level. But in baseball in a single game or even a 7 game series there is a ton of luck involved from the outcomes of pitches and batted balls.
A team might hit 3 105mph rockets in one inning and all are straight at and caught by fielders. The other team might hit a couple dribblers that don't get out of the infield, a couple of broken bat bloop hits and finally a weak line drive to the gap and score 4 runs, that's game.

Again, they play 162 games for a reason, to take the luck aspect out, normalize it. Find out who's really the best

Holy hell

It isn't fucking luck if it involved
Angles
Trajectories
Velocity
Contact
Etc

It then becomes a scientific show

God damn meme bill nye even said baseball is the team version of "sweet science" boxing and many in his field agree

Baseball is the farthest from luck there is

The players are superstitious and do autistic things which maybe is what you and every retard that took the luckswing meme serious believe

You're retarded if you think a batter can precisely direct the angle and trajectory of their hits. If they could a getting a hit three out of 10 times wouldn't make you a great player, just think about a little bit

Oh so you think if you swing straight toward the middle like you're chopping a tree you'll get a basehit?

You believe every single batter singles in the same direction ? There is over 200 different stances in a video game many of them with a unique pratice swing

Imagine how many different stances there are in the majors irl

Curve balls don't land straight down the middle so what makes you think batter will?

>video games
alright man you win can't argue with that

>by far

Hockey and Basedball go back and forth, depending on how their respective play-offs shake out desu

the baseball champion feels far too random

>literally ignores the rest of my shit because I brought up stances in a video game
God damn you're pathetic

The worst part is I actually took the time to respond the first time around just because I know irl retards like you

I forgot where I was for a second

Yeah definitely.

NBA playoffs is fucking terrible and will only get worse now with what happened this offseason.

I dont watch Hockey so for me its:

1. Baseball
2. Football
3. Basketball

Playoffs are a meme way too decide a champion. The only reason they exist is for extra revenue and to draw in casual fans who can't pay attention to a whole season.

If the best pitcher in baseball isn't in the World Series, then the WS does not count.

Man when will you end yourself

>Can we all agree the MLB has the best postseason of the 4 major american sports, by far?
And the best regular season aswell.

Why would you want to see some fluke get crowned "champion" if everyone knows some other team was better that year? I get it for football because there's no other way, but for baseball its stupid. Its way harder to remember WS champs than NFL or NBA for example, because the WS half the time is won by some mediocre wildcard team that fluked its way through the playoffs.

NBA has the best playoffs because the best teams actually win. If you dont like seeing that then you probably dont actually like basketball, but thats your problem, not the playoff format's. NCAA tourney is one off games and its flukey garbage in comparison

>apehoop

ratings for the world series are down, it only gets good ratings when a new york or california team is playing. so what they should do is return to their original format where the best teams in the American League and National League are crowned champion of their respective leagues at the end of the regular season. more people would watch and attend regular season games because they would be more important.

>being able to get a 90-101mph ball is luck

which is an entry-level skill in tennis that even if you could execute consistently well, won't get you very far in the sport. even mediocre players can serve over 100mph consistently through a match, which is certainly not the case in boreball

that's because tennis players are hitting the ball with a racket, dumbass. there are literally 0 tennis players who could register 95 mph with just their arm.

return of serve, user

"hitting a 100 mph ball" is something you do on almost every point, but you actually need to hit it precisely enough to keep it inside the lines, not simply make contact

over the course of hours

so what? they're still using a racket. it's not nearly as difficult as getting the momentum out of your arm. and pitchers have to stay inside a much, much smaller area.

the action of returning a serve consistently over 100mph requires a similar level of hand/eye coordination that batting does, and my point is, that this is an entry level skill in tennis, but something that could make you a HOFer in baseball

Why don't mid-level tennis players become HoF pitchers than?

They would easily make 25+ million a year if they just switched sports

Here's the thing
Leagues and sports in general do not exist to find it who are the best people at playing their respective sport
Shocker I know but just think
If that was the purpose then that is a pretty shitty question

because in baseball you're not using a racket you're using a cylindrical bat, which is significantly more difficult to hit a ball with.

Football has the best playoffs in my opinion. I don't really want to watch two teams play each other a thousand times before a championship game. I don't mind a series for the final, but seven game series in playoffs is fucking cancer.

Did you guys know tennis is not actually a sport?

College basketball is #1.

And I pretty much eat, sleep and breathe baseball.

any championship run can be exciting, especially if your team is in it. i do think the world series is the hardest of them all to win. just to have a chance to make it teams have to win at least as many games as an entire nhl season.

Are you me?

Oh shit, he's right.

Here's the actual list

1. Baseball. While I concede that the regular season is boring af due to the sheer volume of games, baseball is the best sport to watch when everything is on the line.

2. NFL. Decent spectator sport but too many fucking ads and too much diversity.

Giant Power gap

3. Hockey.
> 1. Hockey
> Half the league makes the playoffs.
> Four (4) rounds!
> Playing hockey in fucking June

It just takes too fucking long. They should play 60 game seasons and have the playoffs a month earlier.

Power gap the size of Hope solo's cunt

4. Apehoop.
Why do they even bother having a finals when there are maybe three teams that have a shot at winning? This must be what watching soccer feels like.

>nba there's no chance for upsets
what is last year final?

A shitty meme chucker getting exposed by LeBron?

i donĀ“t like basketball that much, but i find the NCAA a lot more enjoyable than the NBA, and if the best team should always win, whats the point of playing in the first place, just give them the W from the start, wow so much fun, and a lot of the best moments in the history of sports are "upsets"

A wild card team has only won the world series 5 times since they expanded the format to include wild cards in 1994.

Not sure why everyone hates the NBA playoffs, I found last year's to be really good. 67 win spurs being BTFO in 6 games. Thunder going up 3-1 to the warriors. Thunder blowing the lead. Raptors winning 2 straight games to tie the series against Cleveland and then getting BTFO 2 straight. Warriors, the clearly best team in the NBA, going up 3-1 against the Cavs, the team everyone said would have won last year if not for injuries, and then being BTFO 3 straight games by the best player on the planet. Was really fun to watch. The 2014 playoffs were garbage, and the 2015 were disappointing because injuries to kyrie and klove. 2013 ones were god tier but last years was as good as any.

>tfw yanks play ice hockey in the evening

I'd subscribe to NHL or w/e and watch the matches otherwise.

>follow 8th seed team in NBA
>barely even watch playoff series because your team is basically guaranteed to lose
>follow wildcard team in NFL
>watch every minute of game because your team always has a chance pull off a 2011 giants and meme to the superbowl
Cinderella stories are fun, user.

A wild card team is more like a 4th or 5th seed in the NBA, which have won before.

Shit's more regularly crazy though.
2007 giants beating the 16-0 pats
2011 9-7 giants beating the 15-1 vikings and winning the owl
Tim fucking Tebow winning a playoff game in OT.
etc.

And to be fair this year's NBA finals probably trumps all of those events, but that was a once in a generation type finals that I don't think I'll ever see again.

1. Hockey
2. Baseball
3. Football

9001. Basketball

If you include college, NCAAB is #2 and NCAAF is #4

That was the Packers that the Giants beat on the way to the Owl in 2011

Supporting an NBA team that is always an 8 seed is truly hell
>tfw team has been god-awful for over a decade and is just now reaping the benefits

Are you retarded? I like tennis and think you're an idiot.

Baseball has the comfiest postseason. Football is the most intense because every game matters a lot. Funnier shit happens in the NFL postseason but MLB plays like every day and NFL is twice a week.

Last year was pretty good but the cavs path to the finals was boring and the two teams (thunder and warriors) blowing three straight games was far from the norm

Nailed it

Maybe the sport just sucks?