H-hey guys? Guys?! Remember me?

H-hey guys? Guys?! Remember me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4c1rzK6LiKg
youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Qlvb-QvEm1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pacific Rim is one of the three best blockbusters to come out of modern Hollywood

there's no way a sequel will even come close to matching it

>John Boyega will be the lead in the sequel
Why?! What was wrong with Charlie Hunnam?

RIDING THROUGH THIS WORLD

Pacific rim is one of the worst films I have ever seen. fucking atrocious

>Pacific Rim is one of the three best blockbusters to come out of modern Hollywood

kek

there's nothing wrong with Charlie Hunnam, but i support moving away from that character. his arc was pretty much done. i don't want to go see the continued adventures of Raleigh Beckett, i want to go see another creative and interesting film set in the same universe. honestly, it won't be seeing if they don't expand on the concept in some unexpected way.

First for Otachi

a cameo or reduced role would be fine I just would be interested to see how being the world's biggest hero effects him.

Oh yes
GOAT soundtrack

The other black guy died so they need to replace hi. Hunnam had to go

Yes. I can't wait for you to come back in my life.

Hopefully it won't come out at the tail end of a summer slammed with back to back blockbusters and can find its own footing.

It's such a great, fun concept that should have a franchise around it. I want my fucking Pacific Rim game

>implying he's wrong

What other blockbusters come close to being as good, mr kinomaster?

It always struck me as the sort of thing that doesn't really take off till the sequel, where the first film is just setting the scene and the true meat of the story follows later on.

Boyega's American accent isn't shit like Hunnam's.

The whole underwater finale is fantastic, as is the sound track.

This, Pacific Rim 2 will be Road Warrior tier

Yes I remember wasting two hours on a shit tier movie because Sup Forums said it might be good.

>nearly every board on Sup Forums shilled of the movie spouting "muh fun"
>movie turns out to be really boring

Fuck you guys and this dull piece of crap.

PLEBS LEAVE

Fuck u

>those guys on Sup Forums who would post the whole tie-in comic just so they could discuss the movie without shitty mods deleting the thread

BASED
A
S
E
D

Get out.

youtube.com/watch?v=4c1rzK6LiKg

LET'S GO FISHING

This is fucking good

This. I'm looking forward to seeing them actually move the story along instead of just reiterating the first one with the same characters that served their collective purposes.

>implying the story is important
I want to see giant monsters fighting giant robots.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw
I would make it better my giving these titans some fucking gravitas. There weren't any awe moments where you realized just how fucking scary it is that gods are real, and we have to beat the fuck out of them until they die. I'd show lots of destruction. Not WOAH LOOK AT THOSE EPIC EXPLOSIONS as much as "holy shit this is too intense for me I'm feeling triggered look at all these people dying in the streets I need to go take a breather in the lobby"

And you'll get it, you fucking infant, but let the rest of us that would like some substance in addition to that enjoy ourselves

He's a Fucking White Male.

I can give Boyega a pass since he's pretty much the reason the sequel is happening to begin with.

>There weren't any awe moments where you realized just how fucking scary it is that gods are real
did you miss the entire sequence with Charlie Day's character on the streets during the double event? anyway, they can't show the kaiju killing loads of civilians if they want to maintain a PG-13 rating and, more importantly, the tone of the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qlvb-QvEm1g

How is Boyega connected to PacRim? Does he fuck Del Taco's wife?

>mfw seeing this in theaters the first time

He just has celebrity momentum, retard.

To be fair, his character being boring as fuck was a pretty common complaint.

His production company is helping out

Hunnam had very little charisma and seemed totally unenthusiastic.

At least Boyega had a fun energy about him in TFA that would match with a movie about robot-monster fighting better.

hyped for the sequel desu, family

hopefully they make it scary instead of comic booky

>Pacific Rim is one of the three best blockbusters to come out of modern Hollywood

Are you serious?

Not even BASED Perlman could save that film.

The battle scenes are OK but that's only about 10% of the film. The rest was complete shit. It was horribly boring and the acting was shitty. "Muh brother died so I can't play Tranzor Z anymore." The forced relationship between the white guy and asian was just bad.

The film should have centered around Max Martini's character who was much more likeable and interesting.

What did Reddit mean by this?

>unenthusiastic and fun
Well he was at the beginning but then his brother died in a way that traumatized him to stop fighting. Gee its a wonder he wasnt all bubbly and quirky at the end

Awful film ruined any hope for a live adaption of any mecha

I still watch it from time to time because GIANT ROBOT FIGHTING GIANT MOTHERFUCKING MONSTERS ON AN EPIC SOUNDTRACK !!

WHAAAT I'VE DOOOONE

Sup Forums has always agreed on this movie being really movie

he was white

omg stop being so racist

nah, by these standards it's a film

Probably because the sequel will be a while after the war has ended. Charlie Hunnam might have retired as a Jaegar pilot, died from some shit, or simply cannot pilot one again.

I really don't mind anyone being the lead, as long as he/she is capable of delivering great acting and able to pump the audience up before a fight.

Yes we do. Pacific Rim 2 is confirmed and is on the way. I hope it is better as in more jaegars + kaiju fighting together, not 1 v 1. More weapons being used, a better story + plot, better dialogues, better cast, etc... basically a great sequel; that is what I'm wishing for.

Steven DeKnight is directing the sequel. It's going to be even better than the first.

>Steven DeKnight
>director of a few TV episodes
>showrunner of Disney's Marvel's Netflix's Daredevil and Spartacus
>better than Guillermo del Toro

pacific rim was a better independence day sequel than independence day 2

I thought Hunnam did very well, especially considering he was going between this and Sons of Anarchy.

I unironically love Pacific Rim

>muh fun
It wasnt even fun

for you

I remember you. I love you.

It was a great premise ruined by cheesy, awkward dialogue and shitty action.

Sort of like most action movies coming out these days.

never went to see this in theaters when it was out, then saw it at a friend's house and loved it

now i own the blu ray and watch it every couple of months, it's so awesome

>watches a movie about giant robots battling giant monsters
>complains its cheesy

It's retardation then

>Good
I hope you're implying all blockbusters are terrible. because Pacific Rim was the worst of them all.

L'ascencion du chevalier noir
lel

I'll always remember you. You were a fantastic summer movie in a sea of shit. I will always remember you, even when Totoro abandoned you.

I never agreed with that. Rahleigh was based as fuck.
>Apologize to her

The robot fights are cool and all, but the best scene in the movie is when they're in a flashback and a Kaiju is chasing young Japanese pilot down the street.

How the hell are they going to make a sequel? The breach was closed.

Breh del Toro is writer and producer

He wanted an animated tv show and more comics and shit, he's still there looking for his babby

It will open again on THE MOON

Del Toro gave him 2 chances and he was awful both times

Its like if Roman Reigns became an actor

He needs to fuck off

What the fuck are you talking about? He was very into it

>Del Toro gave him 2 chances and he was awful both times
you realize they are best friends, right? so much so that Hunnam walked away from starring in Fifty Shades of Grey to play a minor role in Crimson Peak?

holy fuck

This is fantastic.

Damn they need to change the color palette to something more lively/animu.

That is one of the only greyish scenes, most of it is really colorful

HMMMMMMMMM

>Cap America: Civil War trailer stars playing on youtube before another video
>Shot of the hydra base, guy saying it's a hard job
>looks like the shatterdome, think it's the trailer for Pacific Rim 2
>mfw it's not

I wanna watch guys, 2 and 3

HHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yes. how bland this is

>he never saw the movie

look at how ugly and grey it is, they really need more colors HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>you will never save the world with your qt japanese gf

Well it doesn't have that I have color blindness xDD Maybe shoot the fights daytime then

It was all pretty easy to see.

I think you might be blind.

Hmm......

Orange and Teal: The Movie

But Pacific Rimjob was fucking awful, incredibly boring with a hamfisted romance subplot and characters as thin an the pages the ''''''''''''''''''''script'''''''''''''''''''' was written on

I Think I'm Clever: The Post

seriously, just end it now

I know, I know I let you down
I've been a fool to myself
Thought that I could live for no one else
but now, through all the hurt and pain
it's time for me to explain
that those you love mean more than anything

>You didn't go in with the same retarded, preconceived expectations as me?
>Heh, tough luck, pal

Bleach smoothie

>romantic subplot
are you that "this movie needs more color" guy?

I feel now like all the shitposting in this thread is one person.

This desu. Plot is straight trash, homie. Stupid Japanese girl character, stupid Charlie day side story, stupid inexplicable monsters.

But the fighting was pretty cool for the most part.

Still, bay's first transformers is better, I think.

The design of the Jaegers and monsters are what interested me. Did they cancel the cartoon?

It's a goddamn homage to the rubber suit wearing, model city crushing monster movies of yore.

Get fucked if you don't like fun.