Are you faggots as excited as i am about the technological singularity?

Are you faggots as excited as i am about the technological singularity?
I'm so excited about the technology we have now, and the technology we will have in the next few years, and the next few decades.
>Can't wait for my Magic Leap.
What technology's are you guys most excited for, and what are you gonna do when you can live forever and do anything and everything you want?

Other urls found in this thread:

kurzweilai.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

inb4 sex robots

Have you faggots heard of this Avatar XPRIZE shit? Seems pretty awesome.

Nobody on Sup Forums cares about technology! All they care about is titties and dubs.

Seriously though. I do want a sex robot.

kurzweilai.net/

It sure would be nice if other people posted in my thread.

TITTIES AN DUBS MOTHA FUCKAS

To post an actual serious response here: I'm beyond excited about every aspect of it and the possibilities it will bring with it. As far as I go, personally, I'm most looking forward to complete and total eradication of all forms of disease, being able to halt aging entirely, and continuously improving and augmenting the human body, Deus Ex style.

Yeah the eradication of all disease and human suffering is cool and all, but i mostly just wanna live in my perfect virtual world.

>What technology's are you guys most excited for
Actual 3d simulation including beeing able to interact with your surrounding and others for instance meeting in chatrooms and stuff like that.
>what are you gonna do when you can live forever and do anything and everything you want?
We're not anywhere near close to reach this goal, so it's more or less a waste of time to argue about it, but i guess i'd do what i do now: Live a productive life.

Pic related, we pretty much have those, it's mostly a matter of coding.

>We're not anywhere near close to reach this goal.
I strongly disagree. You are obviously not taking into account the exponential rate at which technology is growing.

i am, but it'll probably happen just after i die of a heart attack

I'm just excited for the steam sale in 4 days.

probably already there and evidently i get off on living the lives of primitives before the posthuman age.

For those of you who don't believe this is happening. Try to imagine you are someone born in the year 1700. You will live out your life having seen almost no change in technology. Now imagine you are you, and think about how much technology has changed around you over just the last few years.

If you can hang in there for just a few more years you will most likely make it.

the singularity frightens me. I'm fascinated by the idea of course, but I also just read Hyperion and the technocore ends up running EVERYTHING because it's practically infallibly intelligent. I won't spoil the book for anyone but it ends up making some fucked up decisions that actually make logical sense.

i just hope i don't end up being wiped out in some human extermination because the first hard AI decides it can make a better human and can just pick the DNA from the gruel left behind after a worldwide nanoplague.

I don't know that book, but super intelligent AI level of intellect will be about as far away from ours as ours is to ants. When do we ever come into conflict with ants? When they are on land where we want to build a parking lot. These AIs will have no use for any of our resources. They will not see us as a threat. But this isn't even taking into account that we will be enhancing our own minds to there level. We have nothing to fear. Technology always has downsides, but in the end it's what makes us Special, and it's what has got us this far.

See.

Then let me teach you a little about major unsolved problems which currently limit our ability to expand the lifespan:

Literally everything detoriates through natural decompostation at a certain rate.
The genetic material in our bodies does so too which is why we grow old and wrinkly and at some point get cancer and die. We can't stop this process - it's physics. Now if we managed to create some medicine which would repair all dna in our body we still wouldn't be able to touch the brain because there is no telling if the change of the state in a synapse was done due to a thought of the owner or due to a malfunction. We could theoretically do this, but in order to do so you would have to understand how the brain works and be able to repair synapses which are deep within the brain which leads me to the second problem:
We don't know shit about the brain. We do know some things about certain regions, but we currently have no way to pinpoint this more accurately. Think of it as beeing able to tell which continent is where on the world, but not what happens there.

There are probably more problems, and your life span will be long - if you take care of your body you might even get 100 years old, but you'll surely die. (There are some quiet nice ideas about roboterization of brains, but that's another story.)
You can't defeat physics.

Tesla roofing tbh

No.
We are nothing but biological machines. Machines can be repaired and improved. No we do not know exactly how the brain works, but our technology will soon teach us.

Yes dude. I hear tell that it will cost the same if not less than a traditional roof... And by the way it will give us free fucking energy!

>We are nothing but biological machines.
This is true, but we are kind of complex machines though. Nothing we can repair in forseeable future.

It may not be foreseeable to you, but again you are not taking into account the exponential rate at which technology is steaming forward.

Fucking bamp.

lol

>singularity
a fucking meme
do you know how primitive we are with machine fucking learning? we cant even build driverless cars for cities yet.

I am taking this into account. I just acknowledge the size of the problem we currently face about this.
For instance: This year a group of peple won the nobel price because they were able to move a molecule with a tiny machine. (I think it was called molecular elevator.) This can theoretically be used in the future to repair dna, but you must understand just because the concept was proven in a laboratory, doesn't mean it's anywhere near ready to be used on a large scale. Even if we knew everything else needed to pull this off there'll be another 20-40 years of research to make this market ready. We have hundrets of problems like this that need to be solved, which are often up to luck that a solution is found.

More plebs not taking into account the exponential rate of growth in technology.

i remember when the apple ][e was top of the line.
now almost everybody carries a personal telephone which has enough power to emulate computers much more powerful than that.

and we can make driverless cars that will work on highways.

There is an example that Ray Kurzweil uses a lot about how 7 years into the human genome project we had only mapped 1% of said human genome. Critics said that at that rate it would take hundreds of years, but because of exponential growth the other 99% was finished in just the next few years.

This. People really don't understand how fucking different our lives are compared to just a few decades ago.

They know it as a fact on some level but they really don't understand how game changing it is in a historical context.

>exponential rate of growth in technology.
do you even know what exponential means?
Moores ""Law""" is gone, which is probably what you pleb cuck had in mind.

i member having a Commodore and 286s being the sharpest edge of technology

so you just enjoy posting in threads on topics you don't like and generally shitting where you sleep.

gotcha.

Moore's law is just a cog in the bigger picture known as the law of accelerating returns... Faggot.

Can't wait for scientists to find a cure against the most ravaging disease of the last century; feminism

when humanity moves beyond binary sexuality there will be no need for feminism. i agree.

Bumping for love of technology. It really is my favorite thing.

ever read alistair reynolds' revelation space books?

And feminine penises

>read
That shit's for queers. I don't even like reading books that i love. Thanks for the suggestion though user. Know any good tv series or movies? I'm gonna start to watch the show Humans later.

But wouldn't that create devastating overpopulation and people with money and power living forever?

Does anyone want that?

Sexbots would probably be the greatest thing to happen to men so they don't have to tryhard for women any more.

Obviously it'll be put under taboo for a while so that the value of their vaginas doesn't go down but just like anything that's actually beneficial for society (decreasing rape, less preggers etc) and doesn't fuck with the government (hydrogen energy) it'll eventually come through.

And proper '5d' simulation. Fuck just 3d, I want it to become my reality.

>tv
shit's for queers.

i don't keep up with television shows. I would like to watch westworld though at some point, i loved the original west/futureworld films.

By the time this happens, it'll be crazy expensive and our old diseased bodies won't be compatible with the tech. We'll become those old grandpas who aren't hip with technology.

it deals with lots of topics in the posthuman realm. i really really suggest reading it even though you're a nobooks faggot.

>wouldn't that create devastating overpopulation
That is not a good enough reason to just not save the billions of lives we would be saving. We will find ways to solve the problems that come with it.

>people with money and power living forever
It's true that technology starts out being for the rich, but price always drops, and as technology grows faster and faster so to does the rate at which the price drops on new technology's. Pretty soon new technology will go from being millions of dollars when it is invented to just a few bucks in a matter of weeks.

Look at Japan. Underpopulation is going to be a problem. And there's going to be no children to take care of all the NEET elderly

I highly recommend Westworld. It's pretty damn good.

>what is trannsexualism

THIS alone will lead to middle-class+ men not wanting to have chidren. The only ones who multiply will be the poor folks who can't afford to have kids in the first place

>my 14 yo brain doesnt actually know shit but robots and AI and singularity sound cool and shit
I bet you think the Matrix is a good movie

>over population
See.

I know I post a lot, BUT
"What if?..."
E=mc^2
Energy is the equivalent of mass multiplied by the constant of the speed of light sqaured.
What if?
○Energy is relatively slow for animals digesting food, while relatively faster for electronics digesting lithium ion batteries.
○Energy burns slowest as fats, but quicker as starches, and quicker yet as simple sugars, and quickest yet (known) electricity generated by us.
○Mass is matter existing. The bigger the brain, organically, the more cognicent the understanding of the ways of the consequence from yes and no. Fish are dumber to reptiles are dumber to birds are dumber to mammals are dumber to primates are dumber to chimps are dumber to humans. Bacteria and insects I did not include because they're, already, more Hivemind-based than any other complex organism for they've had the luxury of living extensively longer than any other. Fish in schools too... birds that flock... humans beginning culture at the most rapid relativistic rate.
○The speed of light is time's existence.
To know the consequences of time as all the possibilities of yes and no, simaltaneously, is arguably intelligence or quantum computing.
○The speed of light sqaured is the actual occurrence of the constant now.
Gibberish???
Think deeper, nose-bleeder.
What if we are enlightened by our culture, our teachers, our parents, our curiosity; our love?
What if casting enlightenment is the true test of love?
Do you care if you cast a rock off the edge of a cliff? Roadkill? Small animals? PEOPLE?

You guys should read Greg Egan, Cory Doctorow, and Charles Stross.

I ask this because we care for life according to its respectability of higher intelligence.
What if there is no God or is there???
What if God is an idea?
Surely, if bacteria evolved into organisms capable of emitting intergalactic emissions (like we with radiowaves), then they would more than likely have gone extinct before ever being able to do so. Dinosaurs were too dumb to emit such waves, and we have only just begun.
What if, what we would consider godly, were aliens evolved far beyond our comprehension?
What if there are more questions than answers?
Then God does not exist.
What if there are more answers than unaware questions to be made?
Then God exists?
Talk about a cosmic egg being hatched before the chicken?
All I have to say is Chicken Butts, each and everyday because I can't even guess wtf is going on in my mind.

Tesla released a video today of their new autopilot update driving through a suburb, with view from the image processing cameras. the amount of real time image processing that goes on to allow the car to drive itself it absolutely insane. i am also quite excited for VR/AR and its integration into mainstream society(in a couple tech generations), continued genetic modification, and of course, Mars.

that's good to hear, did you watch the original with yul brynner?

>not a good enough reason

Yes it is. And I'm arguing against massive overpopulation, not saving lives. I mean, I would love if this solved the likes of Alzheimer's and cancer, but not having enough planet to go around is even worse. Not to mention food.

I though Japan's problem was under population of native Japanese, not a lack of people altogether.

I am highly excited about VR tech though i can't quite afford it at the moment.

I'm gonna go check the video out, and yes, yes, and more yes.

Fucking Luddite.

More people means potential for more scientists, programmers, mathematicians, and engineers which means better food production which means more people...

>the technological singularity
You mean when we hit the wall called physics with a 1nm process? Yes, I am very excited. Hardware development will grind to a halt and software devs will be forced to optimize their shitty code.

Also sex robots.

Long ver is best tesla.com/videos/autopilot-self-driving-hardware-neighborhood-long?redirect=no

>Thinking that technological progress is just going to stop.
When has that ever happened in the history of ever?

>what is build bigger computers
>what is distributed models of computation

Please explain to me how making everyone functionally immortal doesnt come with extreme drawbacks.

And no, I am far from a luddite. A lot of what is going on now in technology is mind blowing. But thinking that technological advancement will only produce positive results doesnt sit well with me.

Well we are already suffering from food shortages and overpopulation today. Not globally, but in a lot of third world countries and the like.

So how will adding more people make this less of an issue? Even though it will lead to more engineers and scientists and the like, as you said.

Cool beans. Thanks user.

It's bad enough our computers and mobile phones are being monitored, you'd let them peer into your own mind?

Even if the government was decent, in a few decades most of the wealthy European and American nations will be too busy struggling with it's Muslim problem to worry about stuff like this.

>Thinking that technological progress is just going to stop
Unless they find a more suitable material than silicon, then yes. Name us an alternative or show us how you can shit all over physics, smart one.

It's gay. Enjoy your 4 inch thick phone that's as powerful as a Core 2 Duo.

More STEM acolytes increases the rate at which we can explore new technologies for food production. This is basically the process that got us to this point. The extra food and leisure time afforded by farming instead of foraging led to more inventions, etc.

Islam will slowly fall in the face of technology, just like the other religions have.

What do you guys think the great filter will be?

Y'know... if you believe its a thing.

Hmmm interesting. Whats a good place to go to read about this?

maybe AI if not handled correctly.

Mainstream Christianity has evolved with the times, Islam hasn't, Islam won't fall because of how devoted it's followers are, even in the face of groundbreaking technology they'll continue to pray to their pedophilic warlord five times a day.

The only solution is a Reconquista of Europe, to purge the Islamic menace for good, then we can focus on this hedonistic stuff.

>4 inch thick phone

No. If you are in a coty you will have high speed service to some huge machines and/or a p2p network of other small devices that will share the workload. Your phone could actually get less powerful and still do more impressive stuff once we implement some of these optimizations. We're just getting started here.

The best thing going right now is VR. It's only going to get better and it already is awesome.

This.

How is this thread not all about Magic Leap? This thing sounds so fucking crazy.

Well every singularly prophet goes on about this. Kurzweil is the most well-know but like all of them his is over the top and insane at this point. More down to earth, any history of our species will cover this, check out the agricultural revolution, industrial revolutions, and stuff about our postindustrial service economy.

>kurzweilai.net/
thanks for this

Oh man fucking loved that book. Read it a few months ago. That part where they take down the gates and it described all the chaos that ensued on all the planets... Holy shit!

this. maybe some kind of automated process run amok.

You are very welcome. Just found this website today. It's why i made this thread.

You're just asking to be anally destroyed by the NSA with all of that could shit, you cuck.

cloud*

Luddite.

Do you even distributed internet? NSA will have to do a lot of work to even get in between me and someone else I'm communicating with to obtain my still-encrypted communication.

Normie.

You've gone full retard. The NSA has its fingers in whatever "encryption" you'd be using. I wouldn't be surprised if your 500GB SSD is actually several 1TB SSDs making redundant backups of all data. You're dumb as fuck. So dumb that you would encrypt Windows 10 and expect it to be secure from big brother.