Can someone explain to me the "sneakerhead" culture, it seems retarded and dumb

Can someone explain to me the "sneakerhead" culture, it seems retarded and dumb.

what's sneakerhead?

>seems retarded and dumb
Why have someone explain what you already understand my child.

No but for real, I know everybody has their hobby, but what the fucks the point of buying a shit ton of sneakers. Because they're cool? Fuck that shit what a waste of money.

Was hoping a sneakerhead could weigh in on the subject and try to justify buying a pair of shoes for $1,000+

Sauce?

Its a way for niggers to buy sneakers instead of crack

Bump for sauce.

it's the same as collecting any other semi-expensive things

semi sneakerhead reaction inbound:
It's quite comparable to a combination of spending money on appearance (own image/expression) and a hobby to collect exclusive shit no one else has.

Hell I even see it a little bit as investment as well, since some sneakers can be sold for more after you dont fancy them enough anymore. Just gotta make sure to keep them clean and have some beaters on the side.

As stated above, it's also an appearance thing. Wanting to stand out and have stuff that nobody else has. Get compliments. Get confidence. Boost your image in a culture. Get more opportunities.

Still, everybody has their own reason tho

Remember huge expensive rims? Well now nobody can afford cars so....

>Get compliments. Get confidence. Boost your image in a culture.
Does anyone actually notice shoes though? Especially sneakers, considering they all look nearly identical. And even if they did, is that really going to boost someone's opinion of you? The only people who actually have their shoes analyzed are probably celebrities.

i like what this user said but generally speaking its just another way for normans to compare dick sizes

obviously you aren't black so fuck off nigga

I'm not crazy about shoes or anything but I recently picked up a pair of adidas gazelles and people that i've never met before just strike up conversation about them

I guess I just don't understand it. I looked them up, and they look nice, but like I said all sneakers look pretty similar. If it makes you feel good then keep doing it I suppose.

ofcourse not everyone notices expensive or exclusive shoes, but those within the fashion/sneaker/lifestyle culture do most likely. like when you visit a boutique/store (not big chains).
furthermore people who are simply in to it as well, and the opinion of those people matter the most, because who cares what some guy thinks who is anything but fashionable/sneakerhead, right? lol
It's also a conversation starter and immediatly shows your interest in certain stuff. Therefore it definitely has an influence of someone's opinion about you

Clothes and sneakers overall tend to serve as an expression. It's like putting on a suit, and you feel like a slightly different person and adapt your behavior to it as well, whether you want to or not.

A sneakerhead is a person who collects, trades or admires sneakers as a hobby. A sneakerhead may also be highly experienced in distinguishing between real and fake replica sneakers.

i get what youre saying, but thats not really the same.
you could see it as if everyone has a painting and chooses to paint it in their own way

MORE

You, obviously, can't.

i consider myself a sneaker guy but im far from the what would be considered a serious head or collecter. i have 10 pairs of shoes (not all sneakers, dress shoes and boots and shit too) and try to keep it at that (sell extra pairs for profit). it mostly just stems from caring about your personal appearance and how you dress. also theres a pretty decent community around it that ive made a few friends through. pic related, my most recent cop. 160. i would never spend 10k on kicks. unless i am someday rich as fuck

I collect limited addition jordans and nike SBs. I do it because you can buy a pair for 100-300 dollars then when they take them out of circulation you can sell them for more than you bought them for. I bought a pair of jordan 5 x superemes for 150 at a footlocker on release day and when they all sold out I put them up on craigslist for 650 and within hours they were bought. Now they are worth roughly 300 dollars because they recirculated them in a different style. I do it because its easy to find a buyer willing to pay top dollar for real ones.

If you know what youre doing and what too look for, you can easily make some money off them. I dont wear them, just sell to stupid people. I usually double my money for reals. Its also alot of fun and a side paycheck pretty much.

i feel like you would have to deal with a lot of niggers doing that.

Yeah but i have my consealed licenses so I dont worry too much. I also have a partner who comes with me aswell and hes a big ugly black dude so no one really fucks with me lol