kill yourself, install gentoo, then unkill yourself

check out his dubs tho.

LFS

first ubuntu that ever came out

windows vista

well did you check em?

Win 10

first gentoo that ever came out

win95 is a dos shell. you have to run it from a prompt.

Gentoo

freedos

Steam OS

OS/2 Warp

Arch

  ▲
▲ ▲

Windows nt 3.1 should have won.
I wonder if netscape navigator still works.

Winrar..?

the only useful OS, windows 7, 8.1 or 10,

Linux is for fedora wearers, hence why theres actually a distro called fedora

Windows 3.1

uh-huh

Holy fuck, guy

Win 3.1

gentoo hardened

Do it OP

gentoo hardend + i3wm

Red hat Linux version 4

OP you heard the call.

HEED THAT SHIT.

Linux

>> No OSX
= can't Hackintosh

Windows me

windows 98

triggered!

For real though, apart from a couple of niche use cases (programming, even though windows tools exist and not windows 10 supports bash)
what makes linux any better than wiondows? and dont say free, because half of us here are using illigitimate copies or have taken advantage of windows 10s free upgrade loophole

Not better, alternative. For 90% of use cases (web browsing, email, documents, etc) the friendlier Linux distros/DEs suffice.

I prefer Linux but I work in IT for a living. My home machine is Windows because vidya. If I get the bug to do some coding, I fire up Virtual Box.

Also, free is still a valid argument because you don't have to a) go to potentially seedy sources to get a cracked iso, and b) don't have to find some stupid loophole to get it for free.

unless things have changed in the last year or 2, hackintoshs can be very finicky, with compatible hardware, often its a less than ideal experience

Your logic is flawed faggot. We at Apple use a linux kernel base for OS X. So its the same shit you want you're just too much of an edgy uneducated fedora faggot to understand that.

i agree with alternative, not better.
I dont agree that linux is friendlier, but thats maybe because i'm so used to windows, like 99% of pc users.
I still find that people who constantly advocate for linux, simply use it to be different.
If i'm ever doing coding (which i do suck at) i use NP++ and gnu make.
Agreed about seedy sources, but the freeupgrade loophole isnt stupid, its great, a windows pc has far better resale value than a linux one, and using the loophole to get windows 10, is a plus point again.
Not to mention software availability is second to non on windows.as well as driver compatibility.

Due to its vastly higher user base, its difficult to make a good case for it being a worse experience than a linux machine, which requires at least a modecum of enthusiasm to set up anyway.

i've found that osx and ubuntu are virtually identical, they look different but the core "skeleton" feels the same, i get that ubuntu is becoming a clone, but your right, they feel like the same os in different clothing.

I don't know jack shit about osx but ubuntu is fucking garbage.

more control over the system, and harder to insert a backdoor (I don't say linux systems don't have one). Keep using windows I don't care :-P

Ubuntu itself is fine its the shitty DE they preinstall. Unity is fucking cancer.

yeah man, it looks really nice, but its as barebones an experience as it gets, and i've heard its the most polished of the distros.

I used a hackintosh for a while and compared to windows it was shite, was far more clunky than windows, especially navigating folder structures (which are appalingly laid out) and using multiple control panel items at once, it was one , then back out to go into another, unlike windows where you can have disk manager and device manager open at the same time.

and don't get me started on that ugly as fuck 2001 rocketdock piece of shit taskbar osx has

React OS

false osx != linux kernel, it has a bsd based kernel iirc

i disagree, windows has better control of the system, you can have multiple control panel applets open at once.
Theres a start menu instead of a messy rocket dock looking thing and windows explorer is far more sensibly laid out.

You dont care? nor should you, but this is simply a discussion, your free not to participate with me

harder to insert a backdoor? you mean, nobody bothers

>I dont agree that linux is friendlier

I wasn't saying it's friendlier. I was saying the friendlier distros/DEs that are on offer suffice. I meant Xubuntu or Lubuntu, for instance, as opposed to Gentoo running ratpoison.

>requires at least a modecum of enthusiasm to set up anyway.

Not these days - installers are friendlier than ever and you can drool and click "Next" all the way through the installer and still end up with a stable OS in the end.

The way I always looked at it, Linux used to be purely for tinkerers and people who enjoyed tearing their hair out over the dumbest shit. Over the years, shit has been geared more and more to allowing people to make at least a moderately comfortable transition from Windows if they choose to.

Just install windows 10 like a normal person. Does Linux REALLY help you out with work and daily activities or do you just wanna be a walking meme? Also if it's because Linux has a better terminal, windows 10 has powershell which is just as good which pretty much eliminates biggest point in having Linux. At least you know OS X is for flaming faggots.

ahh, then i totally misunderstood what you were saying.

I still think it requires a little enthusiasm though, for example the one major urdle of burning an iso or making a bootable usb, and then paritioning the drive is still beyond the capability of most people, despite its incredible simplicity.
I'm a windows fanboy fag i suppose, but if windows applications could run natively on linux, without wine (ie, 100% natively, zero config required, and perfectly) then i'd think about it, just to get a nicer looking more customizable interface.
But as a tool, theres no compelling reason for me to switch, and i cant see a compelling reason for anyone to switch really.
Personal preference, coupled with ingrained windows comfortability is what keeps me here.

I beleive sweden or norway maybe, is like 90% linux users, and i think they would make all the same arguments as me from the opposing corner. (with the exception of software availability)

Windows 98

this is in my opinion the absolute truth.

I do think that a microsoft monopoly is probably not a great thing, but for day to day use, theres no point being a martyr and using linux, its just making things difficult for yourself.

win 98

Install Gentoo

windows 3.1

gib dubs

Red star OS

Ubuntu satanic edition

iOS

>712292749
>mfw i googled it and its a thing

Hannah montanna Linux

Android

Check these .debs.
>Debian, of course

Trips override dubs. Android it must be.