"Therapeutic Use Exemptions" (TUEs) allowing banned substances

these leaks will intensify the debate around TUEs and force sport to ask itself some uncomfortable questions about the legal use of certain banned substances.

Is the system being exploited by some athletes? Should TUEs be allowed at all, especially in competition? And given the lack of trust in sport now, is it time to make all TUEs public, even if it means athletes' private medical details are revealed?

bbc.com/news/world-37369705

fancybear.net/page-2.html

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17805102/
runnersworld.com/sweat-science/the-asthmatic-advantage-at-the-olympics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Should TUEs be allowed at all, especially in competition
No, if you have a condition that makes you bad at a sport, tough shit, you're not going to become, professional in that sport. I don't have the endurance necessary to become a marathon runner, I'm still not allowed to take drugs to enhance my endurance. Why should having a disease or disorder mean you get to?

Now why might a cyclist want a prescription for prednisolone?

Pic related

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17805102/

>Effects of short-term prednisolone intake during submaximal exercise.
>CONCLUSION: From these data, short-term Pred intake did seem to significantly improve performance during submaximal exercise, with concomitant alterations in hormonal and metabolic responses.

Dope Britain

reddit user r/Regrexit

>No, if you have a condition that makes you bad at a sport
That's not what TUEs are for, you silly fucking Albanian cuckoofag

>le anecdotal evidence man

>regrexit
>reddit
Cancer

le ignoring le scientific journal evidence

The Froome leak is surprisingly weak. I thought he'd be on more than that - whatever he is on must be illegal. The Wiggins one is a bit more incriminating.

Anyone who follows the sport knows it happens. You can't blame someone for using all the loopholes they can to compete. The agencies in charge need to be stronger.

>it says her you've been doping

>well oiled Western doping machine
>state sponsored
>nothing to see here

Honestly, if you've ever been involved in scientific research, you'd realise how corrupt people can be when it comes to getting published. More published articles means a better reputation and quite a lot of scientists skew data to show what they want. Relatively few studies will have an end result of "actually, things were the exact opposite of my hypothesis, whopps"

It's a really big problem in modern science, even in peer reviewed papers. Of course, liberal arts fedora tippers are often unaware since they know nothing of STEM outside of memes.

Still, doping in sport is a given. Who cares?

>The Froome leak is surprisingly weak. I thought he'd be on more than that
We already knew too

Since he fucking told the press at the time that he was on a TUE for asthma

All Steroids and performance enhancing drugs should be banned for everyone without exception. Of you can't follow the rules, tough luck. Go get a real job.

It's funny how every top athlete suddenly has ailments that only these drugs can cure.

>this mongoloid bumping his own shitty thread

>not having reasoned debate on a Zimbabwean Showjumping Forum

Why isn't anyone focusing on the fact that Bethanie Mattek-Sands is on prasterone?
That's a legit steroid.

Also good on the hackers for releasing a Russian's information

Can someone explain what the scandal is?

Is there a disproportionate amount of TUEs in the US compared to other countries?

No the scandal is that it's happening at all.
What if an athlete can't afford a prescription, or the country they come from doesn't prescribe the same way that others do (for example the US liberally gives people amphetamines for "ADHD", other countries do not).
That means that some athletes have a drug based advantage over other athletes, therefore making the competition unfair.
Olympics are supposed to be about who can train the hardest and become the best under their own abilities, but if you're taking drugs for it then it's the equivalent of cheating on an exam, and getting a better grade than you would have been able to do without aid.

well, in some endurance disciplines there 80% of the athletes diagnosed with asthma.
Of course there is a lot of bullshit going on with "medical" treatment

Proofs?

80% sounds extreme, but endurance athletes do have higher diagnosed rates of asthma than the general population. One theory is all their training damages the airways, another is that asthma actually provides an advantage, or it could be the "asthmatics" are gaining an advantage from a fake diagnosis and whatever drug they're prescribed.

runnersworld.com/sweat-science/the-asthmatic-advantage-at-the-olympics

UK? UK? I Report U!
TUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUETUE

I was on 60-20 mg prednisone for 8 months and it was fucking miserable. Where the hell is he getting this shit?

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD