The Wrestler

What's yall's opinion on the movie? Was his daughter in the right? Was Cindy too late? Was he just too stubborn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jUpYsFm5hQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=2jzScgAhSt0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was great and he was too far gone for anything else.

>Was his daughter in the right? Was Cindy too late? Was he just too stubborn?

Yes, yes, maybe. Randy was old. What the fuck was he going to do if not die in the ring? Work at the deli for the rest of his life? That's not for him. On the other side, whether it was for him or not maybe doesn't matter. He should've took the job and be there for his daughter.

>tfw no qt Marisa Tomei stripper to run off into the sunset with

John cena biopic when?

WHOOOOOOOOOAOHWHOA SWEET CHILD O' MINE

And maybe that's the point, that The Ram was truly a fuck up that could never sacrifice his own happiness for the people he was supposed to love. The twist is, it didn't actually make him happy in the end. It was almost like a drug to him; detrimental to his well-being, but the only thing he had left.

SHE'S GOT A SMILE THAT IT SEEMS TO ME

REMINDS ME

>dat American flag appearing out of nowhere when he makes his entrance
chills every fucking time. I don't care if I sound foolish but I truly felt patriotic in that moment.

not much of a story there

Dammnit, you should feel patriotic at like a baseball game, not at a damn wrestling match. Wrestling is like the epitome of retarded white trash, so being proud at an event like that is like showing the rest of the world that we actually are retarded white trash.

Great movie about a guy trying to get his life back on track just to find out it's too late for that. I found this movie oddly inspiring, in the sense that I thought "damn, i should get my shit together while i can, i don't wanna end up like that".

Also, Marisa Tomei a qt.

ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW!

you just don't get it man. at his peak, the Ram was America at its best: boisterous attitude, rugged good looks, had the hearts of the people, brought prosperity and delight wherever he went. then he fell on hard times and went through economic crisis, personal tragedy, health problems. Ram making his comeback for his final match should remind anyone that it is possible to bounce back in America. it is incredibly inspiring.

It was good. Deserved the praise it got, it's a shame that the setting put off too many of the types that would most enjoy it. The Mountain Goats ran into the same problem with their most recent album, which a lot of people also didn't listen to because it was about wrestling.

To be honest, I was in that camp for a while too.

I feel you dawg. America will rise and fight again.
OF CHILDHOOD, MAMORE

Wrestling is all over the world buddy.

Doesn't make it any better, it's still for retarded trash
source: 420chan

youtube.com/watch?v=jUpYsFm5hQ8

>mfw at 6:00 onwards

u da man sef

did he die?

>I just want to tell you, I'm the one who was supposed to take care of everything. I'm the one who was supposed to make everything okay for everybody. It just didn't work out like that. And I left. I left you. You never did anything wrong. I used to try to forget about you. I used to try to pretend that you didn't exist, but I can't. You're my girl. You're my little girl. And now, I'm an old broken down piece of meat... and I'm alone. And I deserve to be all alone. I just don't want you to hate me.

Destroys me everytime.

Legit almost cried reading that. Needed to take a deep breathe and utilize some gravity. phew

Every time I watch this movie I try to get back into watching wrestling and I'm amazed at how something that was never that good to begin with has managed to become so much worse over the years.

>isn't a real american
>doesn't fight for the rights of every man

>wrestler thread
>noTomei titties yet

There is a ton of wrestling that isn't WWE.

For example, the era of Wrestlekino is upon us
youtube.com/watch?v=2jzScgAhSt0

Oh my God I would rather have cancer than watch that again

It's ok to admit that you don't have an understanding of finer art.

Holy shit how is TNA still alive

Nobody knows.

>WELCCCOOOME
>This is the ring in which it all begins in, and the ring in which it all ends in!!
2deep4me

Yes.