Those bleep bloops on DUI

>those bleep bloops on DUI
This album is sick
AOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

www97.zippyshare.com/v/OBoHR1tS/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

too long and too reptitive. could have been great also i couldnt tell what was an interlude or an actual track apart most of the time.

That's why I liked it, reminded me of a Boards of Canada album

it's an album that imitates the life of a me_irl half shut in. The most interesting songs are those that break the trend of the subject matter, and offer something other than just an on look onto this individual's life (ie. in my opinion, Friend zone, them changes, etc.) and focus on his emotional interactions with others. The rest all kind of blend together, because his life isn't that interesting, and all he knows is mk references and cats, and BEAT YOUR MEET, GO TO SLEEP.

this, the songs are great but there's just too many

which album is that?

>too many songs

it's been out for 1 day, you just haven't digested it all yet

have a feeling this will be a 8-9/10 piece of art

almost all of them dude

>22:22:22
Did you make a wish?

The lyrics are atrocious at points. Its still a great funk album though, but it would actually be an AOTY contender if the lyrics weren't shallow millennial references to texting slang and video games.

I liked it OP, the subject matter is diverse. The production gets repetitive which makese some of these people not like it, but its still strong production throughout. Not perfect, but deffinately a landmark 2017 release

Nah bro thats def part of the charm is that the album doesnt take itself to seriously while showcasing awesome fucking musicianship.

Then again we will see how long that stands or if it gets irritating after repeated listens

I can enjoy music with a sense of humor. Lighthearted party funk, lyrics with jokes, whatever. "Jesus take the wheel," "let me play more Diablo," the fucking iPhone alarm, etc are all just hamfisted in. No real nuance to them it's just "oh wow I recognize that ringtone/meme." It feels like passing references to the most stale pop culture symbols of the 2010s. That said the musicianship is spectacular and I LOVE the shorter tracks. I'll be revisiting this a lot but I wish the album took itself more seriously or at least put more effort into its humor.

Funk is a silly genre. Expecting deep introspective prog rock lyrics from a funk album is stupid

Nice assumption faygo

What's the assumption exactly

That I'm
>Expecting deep introspective prog rock lyrics
I love the retarded parties of P-funk for instance but there's nothing interesting about complaining about not having enough time to play Diablo. "He's just having fun" well good for Thundercat but I don't give a shit about the Dragonball Z action figure he got when he was a kid. Keep playing bass like a pro but let Kendrick and Kenny Loggins do all the singing please

this sum good shit

Inferno and The Turndown are so fucking good holy shit I'm high

I don't know any of his songs should I go see him live?

FUCK YES you should

I was not interested in his music at all until seeing him live and it totally opened me up to him. I was very fortunate to catch him at a small intimate venue and it was a really amazing show, intimate and lots of improvisation between three really talented musicians

It was a trip, if you have the chance do it

Cool thanks.

how does this album compare with apocalypse?

It's way way better, it's more free and fun.

Not as good imo

Haven't listened all the way but he's a beastly bass player so I'm going in with high hopes

I don't very much like funk, but this album is pretty decent. The mix of standard funk rhythms mixed with drum machines and synths was very nice. The first ~15 minutes of the album sound like that FlyLo album about death that I can't think the name of, which I enjoyed but I can see how some people wouldn't like. The lyrics are irritating at times, but musically the singing fits in. It is odd how he goes from Tokyo singing about anime and DBZ toys to Jameels Space Ride talking about being possibly racially profiled, but IMO that is the best produced track on the album, which is saying something. I'm not crazy about Thundercats voice, mostly because he doesn't look like how he sounds, but it fits this albums vocal themes of being an outsider in internet culture, which I think portrays accurately enough that people who are "normal" could understand and maybe relate to. Altogether, It feels like a very coherent album and shows that the album format is still relevant in the world of singles. I don't enjoy how many interludes there are, as they are usually just basic rhythms and synths with nothing interesting going on in them. About half of the songs could have the first 15 seconds of them chopped off and would make the album concise. Kendrick Lamar ruined the track he was featured on. Its annoying how Thundercat has the ability to sing about many different topics but Kendrick Lamar is always about the most superficial aspects of gang life. Since TPAB, he hasn't had anything interesting to say and I feel he is just floating on his laurels because he thinks that album is his magnum opus because people appreciated how much about racism he rapped out, and it really showed.

Altogether, I can imagine myself listening to this again in the future. Too early to say if its an AOTY, but as of right now, its definitely a contender. I'd give like a 7.5/10 definitely has staying power and I can imagine more artists trying to go for a more funk vibe in the future because of this.

I forgot to clarify, but the biggest issue with Kendricks verse is how unnatural it felt on that track, and I couldn't imagine it feeling good on any of the album. It should have either been cut completely, or if Thundercat has some sort of obligation to feature Kendrick, just make him do backing vocals or a spoken word intro (that was ghost written by Thundercat)

3 years ago I could never imagine myself saying this, but Wiz Khalifa had a much better verse than Kendrick Lamar, and thats pretty embarrassing. At least Wiz's verse feels natural on Drink Dat

>being upset about a funk album being goofy

I met Bootsy Collins once when I was a kid with my parents and he told my mom that I was probably concieved listening to him.

seconding this. i'd honestly say avoid listening to him until you go.

I just wish he could sing in more than one tone desu

My one and only complaint. Otherwise an actual good album, surprising with the other shit Sup Forums's been bumping lately.

Lava Lamp, Jethro, and Day & Night are placed so perfectly together. A Fan's Mail - Show You The Way is a great run of tracks.

*speeding*
dadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadidadida
Holy shit, it's Naws

LINK ME FAGGOTS

www97.zippyshare.com/v/OBoHR1tS/file.html

this is the leak

bus in these streets.
never heard anything quite like this.
i like it

I WISH I HAD NINE LIVES

EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE CAT
Thundercat knows.