This is literally just Prince if Prince had been a gross asexual hipster goth chick

this is literally just Prince if Prince had been a gross asexual hipster goth chick

Other urls found in this thread:

electronicbeats.net/the-visions-the-voice-an-interview-with-grimes/
npr.org/2016/04/27/455769676/feeling-this-a-conversation-with-grimes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Its just purity ring if purity ring had a more marketable image

so "this is literally prince if prince had a different sexuality, clothing style, music style, and sex"

not quite

Since when did being compared to Prince become a bad thing?

現実か

I wish purity ring would make more music. Also wish they'd be more consistently good, they've a lot of meh tracks

This

this song is generally better than prince

How can a song be better than a person?

i meant his discography
he probably was a good perosn

10/10 song

How can a song be better than 39 albums?

to be fair the back half of his discography is garbage

t. lifelong MPLS resident

another kid hating on Grimes because it's cool to do so now, eh?

Yeah. I mean, how is being called "Prince if Prince had been a gross asexual hipster goth chick" supposed to be construed as an insult?

so good?

song is a fucking banger

sounds like tokyo

No

>tfw ywn hang out in tokyo with grimes
人生は苦しいですね

No

ITT: Everyone realizes this thread is retarded, posts anyway

>case in point

Wrong!

>Prince
>asexual
These things can not exist at the same time in any capacity.

grimes is not asexual and not hipster

Grimes is hipster 101 and all things point to her being asexual.

What things?

no. she is surrealist yuppie

hello Sup Forums

hey

aa235065
Anti-Christ Feminist

surrealist kanine

its literally just shit

Objectively correct but is that really an insult?

>gross asexual hipster goth chick

bollocks. her music is not asexual, just listen to heartbeats, vowels = space and time, be a body, skin, pin, etc.

it's weird. the op wanted to insult her but he compared her to prince (and that's a compliment). i have no idea wtf is the op's real position, hater or fan. to claim that grimes is asexual is plain wrong.

>What particular trauma was ‘Be A Body’ about?
>That’s one of the only happy songs on the album. It’s about physical existence, and sex, and being alive. I’m really opposed to phones, I’m opposed to checking my email. I just think it’s really unflattering that everyone’s always on their computer. ‘Be A Body’ is about physical, sensual existence and about having physical pain and pleasure. It’s about existence. As pretentious as it is, it’s based on a Thomas Aquinas quote where he was trying to talk about how in Medieval Christian thought everyone was super into ‘fuck my life, my physical body is a horrible thing and a representation of sin’, and there’s a passage where Aquinas said “Be a body” and i just thought it was so sick, so bad-ass that he would just say that, just give that straight-up imperative. He was a hip guy.

>So it’s a celebratory song.
>Yes, but it’s also an assault. It’s me being aggressive.

electronicbeats.net/the-visions-the-voice-an-interview-with-grimes/

if only purity ring could make songs as good as realiti...

How do you know it was an insult.

"gross asexual hipster goth chick" sounds like an insult. why some Sup Forums users think it's ok to insult her daily; just because she's a female? why these idiots talk so much about her look but barely say a word about her work?

That's not insulting her music.

just like i said, it was insulting her as a person. lowly ad hominem attacks.

That doesn't make OP's comparison an insult.

it does. trolls usually insult her appearance. an insult is an insult. shame this board is driven by hate not positivity.

You can think an artist is gross and still like their music.

Yeah it's totally like prince in that she's a multi instrumentalist who plays multiple genres like lead rock guitar and slap funk bass

Die OP

What's more, Grimes often openly incorporates grossness into her art/music/persona (see pic related.)

You have no idea about her instruments and skills.

>Instruments:
- vocals
- synthesizer
- sampler
- guitar
- bass
- drums
- violin
- ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director & editor
- dancer
- model

>You have no idea about her instruments and skills.
>assuming everything people say on /mu (eg. ) is ironic

Except for the fact that Prince was a skilled musician with the ability to play multiple instruments and make classic records.

>inb4 muh art angels, muh violin on laughing and not being normal

seriously kys

>>inb4
Lol you lose.

not the op, but you suck for being such a shallow prick. grimes is also a skilled musician, more skilled at some instruments than the others. i doubt that prince could surpass her at the synths and samplers department. btw, don't invoke "classic records" when you're comparing a new artist with someone with decades long career.

>inb4 muh art angels, muh violin on laughing and not being normal
she didn't play just violin. the list:
- synths
- samplers
- guitar
- bass
- drums
- violin

6 instruments (7 if you include vocals) is more than enough to qualify as a multi-instrumentalist.

>>inb4 muh art angels, muh violin on laughing and not being normal
>posting a list of things that invalidate your point at the same time as attempting to make your own point
user, are you ok?

>make classic records
That's yet to be determined and he didn't know they would be classics. We'll see.
Prince was a musical savant, much like Grimes, in as much as they just "get it".

>Prince was a musical savant, much like Grimes, in as much as they just "get it".
This. These 2 musicians had a deep understanding about melodies, rhythm, songwriting and production. They knew how to push the right buttons in their music to make a song as great as possible.

Grimes clearly studied about the impact of the soundwaves on the brain:
>Audie Cornish: I read that you actually studied neuroscience in college? Or just the sciences generally?

>Grimes: Actually, I was in a program at McGill called Electroacoustics, where we studied a lot of how the brain interacts with music. So by the time I actually started making music, I kind of had an understanding of frequencies and kind of how the brain responds to things, which I think really helped me as a producer: Even though I had no experience playing instruments and stuff, I kind of had a basic understanding of engineering. My learning curve was maybe a tiny bit shorter than maybe someone who hadn't studied that stuff.

npr.org/2016/04/27/455769676/feeling-this-a-conversation-with-grimes

>implying Prince wasn't just the baby-boomer black guy from Minnesota equivalent of a gross asexual hipster goth chick
Lol

bump

i see your bump and raise you a bump

no life will ever be like this again.

They have plenty

i'm afraid you're overestimating their music. name one.

Almost all of the songs on shrines
Amenamy, for instance

in that video she looks like a perfect gf that i'll never find

better than realiti? no.