In August 2013...

>In August 2013, it was reported that McCartney and Ono would be able to begin to reclaim the rights to Beatles songs in 2018, as a result of the Copyright Act of 1976, in which the ownership of songs written before 1978 reverts to the songwriter after 56 years. McCartney and Ono (or their estates) will be able to claim full rights to all Beatles songs by 2026.

How much you wanna bet both McCartney and Ono die before 2026? Or even one dies before the end of this year?

Who the fuck cares about those two talentless hacks.

By right the music should be copyright-free and given to the public.

Fuck you commie

Sony is owned by Japs, Ono is a Jap. Ono doesn't want the nice Japanese businessman Mr. Azukay to show up at her door. Paul gonna come up with cancer or will 'die peacefully in his sleep' of natural
causes. All these old guys seem to pop up back in the public eye for one last hurah before they go. Paul was the Kanye thing and he supposedly is on another song with the Dirty Projectors and Kanye.

>he doesn't want free things
>uses 'commie' as an argument

Okay kiddo

>he's entitled
>and whiny
millennial spotted

The song rights are in the right hands. He and Yokozuna were given the option and were two of the first to be contacted to buy the catalog in a split. Paul didn't want to be seen as finally getting over on John aftet his death and not being around to do his own bidding, and Mei Ling didn't want to be seen a greedy or some shit since her rep in the eyes of the public was already shitty.

Paul McCartney didn't take MJ seriously when he said he was going buy the catalog, MJ then went full Jew mode and bought it. He then proceeds to get ass blasted and tries to browbeat M Jizzle into just handing him the catalog back. To which MJ responded basically telling him to fuck off and if he wanted it he should had gone for it and no be wasn't getting it back.

MJ proceeds to use Beatles music in TV shows and shit. Macca gets mad about that despite his hypocritical ass doing the same with Buddy Holly songs.

MJ died and Sony tossed some money around and ended up with full ownership which is why Beatles music startes streaming last year.

actually michael jackson bought some company called atv and with that came along the beatles music and a few other catalogs its a conspiracy that sony tried to destroy michael jackson to get their hands on all that thinking he would sell his stake to get money for legal fees sony already owned half of atv even when mj was still kicking bro

Funniest part is that he thought Mike was joking when he said that. Michael
Jackson was supposedly a vicious businessman behind closed doors and approached shit tactically. Like a black version of Obama.

>yokozuna

The only talented Beatle was shot dead in 1980.

Fuck the rest of these hacks.

dude I just want carnival of light to get released
that's all
it's been 12 years since I even paid attention to post-Beatles activity

>George
>not talented
ok

Well yeah he was second after lennon

Since i pretty much doubt Carnival of Light isnt considered part of The Beatles catalog in the same sense than Yellow Submarine, i wonder why the damn song hasnt been released yet.
Paul, Ringo and the state of Harrison and Lennon and Martin would profit from its release. Everybody would win

Toss some other unreleased rarities like the complete uncut Its all too much, Helter Skelter, Revolution 9.

It would sell im damn sure

>2017
>sell
I wouldn't be so sure

>2017
>not realizing ringo was always the most talented beatle

Yeah there's no chance either of them will be alive in 2026.

You didnt see the numbers of Live at the Hollywood Bowl, did you?

The patent/copyright system was supposed to be the government granting you a temporary long term monopoly in return for it becoming public domain at the end of the period.
It wasn't meant for shit like the Diary Of Anne Frank to be copyright protected for 150 years.

inb4 McCartney dies of suicide by two shots to the back of the head

oh how much I'd love to hear the full versions of all those songs

Who cares who owns the songs? You'll still get to listen to them anyway

what a ridiculous opinion how about you go on and kill yourself yeah ?