Its 2016, why aren't you gaming at 4k yet?

its 2016, why aren't you gaming at 4k yet?

general computer and desktop thread, post yours

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2582656/titan-requires-24gb-ram-minimum.html
youtube.com/watch?v=V4X4jXBBDNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's expensive

>inb4 poor fag

>3840x2160
Not even true 4k kiddo

B/c the cost doesn't justify the improvement...just like high end gaming mechanical keyboards....all overhyped then you get one and your like....THIS WAS THE FUSS??

So much of this. Too many people have more money than brain power though.

Because i'm waiting, user, for when I get my bonus from my job in December.

I'm going to spend it all on a complete new [spoiler]PREBUILT GAMING COMPUTER[/spoiler]

i7 extreme 8 core 16 thread beast
1080 or two

safe to say i'm hype when my current build is an i5 2500k and 7870

Because comcast is being a jew, putting a 1TB on your limit before charging you more.

Between all the downloading, gaming and streaming I do, it'd easily suck up that and more.

Lol only 16 gigs of ram

because i don't play video games.
because im over the age of 13.

it's expensive af and I work a janitor job, kudos to you OP.

>Spending over $2000 on gpu's, just so you can game.

Think that over very carefully

because im not a 30-60fps peasant. i need my 144fps for my 144hz monitor.

Cost, scaling issues (UI, text etc), SLI is an unreliable bitch and the general unnecessarity of it

name me a game that uses more then 16 gig of ram?

>your eye can't see past 60fps
>Not portable
>Shitty indie games
>no controller
>expensive facebook machine

Try photoshop

want to upgrade to 1151 :(

Also you what platoon you from so I can dow you nigga cuz i've seen that setup before

sadly as i'm in ausfag land it was probably double that by the time i imported them and slapped the water blocks on them.

> photoshop
> game
Nigger i was using photoshop with 3.5 gb of ram

ha ur a scrub
cant compare this to my 144k monitor at 12240x10000

>Dual SLI Titan X's
>Single "4k" monitor
You're doing it wrong, OP.

Because resolution is literally the very least important attribute of good gaming.

FPS>>>>Graphics Quality>Aspect Ratio>>>>>>>>Resolution

>your eye can't see past 60fps
never used a CRT or a *>120hz LCD monitor kiddo?

I'd rather 160fps

soooo 640 x 480 @ 1000fps is better then 4k at 60fps?

in fast fps with a lcd which can handle more than 60hz? yes.

>computer on carpet

Literally just spending money for dick measuring. Has absolutely zero idea about how he should be using his setup. Top kek.

Also, 3.00GHz processor
>reaction.png

Since there isn't an LCD monitor on planet Earth that can display more than 240 frames per second, your statement is idiotic. Further, running a program at anything other than the monitor's native resolution is incomprehensibly stupid.

Most people have 60 or 120 hz monitors. That would be the hard FPS limit at a specific monitor's native resolution, after which all resources should go into graphical quality. 144 hz would be the upper limit of what's available to most people.

4k is meme as fuck.

That fucking cable management...

Can tell just by looking at this your a very lonely man

I use to play quake and cs 1.6 on a 240hz CRT but the resolution was low.
Probably the best gaming of my life, we'll never live those golden ages again.

speccy doesn't show overclocks, hence why the CPU-z screen grab is there

4k in 2016? what a fucking faggot. if your brain isn't separated from your body and hooked up to a machine, you're a filthy casual. don't you ever speak to me fucking meatbag

Old pic, only new stuff is the gpu and a LG IPS monitor

most idiots think a build is only a fucking pc case under the table which looks nice and have all the features they even understand. even a missconfigured mouse setting under windows can harm your gaming expirience as hell. every system build needs its own sweetpoint configuration including monitor, mouse, keyboard.... i dont want to know how many of them have still mouse acceleration activated lmfao

actually i have a wife and a circle of about 14 friends. wife and i just have a decent enough jobs and no kids

>Lady Gaga

>he fell for the win10 meme
>he fell for the 16gb ram meme
>he fell for the ssd meme

Meh got a new power pack turning up tomorrow.

That cable management is actually pretty nice.

no dvd player? basically a useless black and red box then

ssd's are decent, agree on win 10 and ram though. Unless someone does a lot of editing, which is allegedly every other person on Sup Forums

are you retarded?

>built $2k gaming pc
>only plays oldschool runescape
>mfw oldschool runescape doesnt even support 4k and runs off 1 single thread of cpu only
>mfw biggest money waste

I got a reply :^)

Thanks for the laugh OP

nice bait. i felt for it.

Only if your screen is 1000Hz

Nice duplicated digits pardn'er.

>builds 2k gaming pc.
>only for Sup Forums
>framed star wars pictures
>wife
>def not his mother

TFW 2 Titan Cards but only 6g SSD and 1333MHZ memory. #Ihavemoneyandithinkiknowwhatimdoing

Wrong it's 14 frames a second but gg

Did u bought it to enjoy games at high graphics or to brag here every 2,3 weeks?

lol i actually used to play the original runescape 14 years ago, back when blue_rose had the only 2handed rune sword

me and a mate actually created characters called "server guard #3" and "server guard #6" we used to tell people to follow us and that we believe their item had be stolen and that we needed to check its individual ID number so please transfer it to us we'd check it and give it straight back

9/10 it wouldn't work but every so often some idiot would hand over his sword or helmet. those accounts got banned about a week later and you couldn't create anything similar

played it on and off for around 6 months but never really got into it, same reason never got into WoW

ITT: desktop icons, tiny mouse pads, and bad desk ergos.

anyone here got that pic (similar to op's) of the fucker running his cpu at 135°C? thought i saved but apparently not.

Here's inside the case. Feel free to bully

>not know what DDR is

Im cheap ass. Ill wait a year or two and prices will drop. And as usual by then theyll have something new and better out like 4k-ultra.

how long will this last me? i built it around 2 years ago

Because I have a laptop.

Running 32 gigs of ram. With a 3.2 ghz i7 processor.

You literally spent a fuckload of extra money on gpus for a single monitor.

Also, graphics are minor to me because I play mostly RTS and its more valuable to,me for my computer to run several thousand equations while sorting damage, so to each their own.

Are FPS games beautiful to you?

If you a hating motherfucker, then your a weak motherfucker.

Square up bitch nigger.

All of them when you play inow 4K you peasant.

because all of them have a fucking sli profile? kek

>square up
uh, i have a big mousepad and room under my desk for my fucking legs?

because I play games, instead of posting about 'muh rig'

Also, this:

Peasant, kek

The only reason I would make a 4k build right now was if I was going to bring my work home and dick around with IVT or Enovia

Wasting money on frivolous dual GPUs that I won't need isn't being a peasant Scrooge McDuck

You need like 24GB of system memory to use the 12GB on your video card. At least that's what it was on the last Titan X

I dont have a desktop but I have a new macbook with touchbar completely maxed out. It can even beat a top of the line gaming PC in performance. I just plug in my dongle so I can plug in my USB mouse and game way

Please please put a waterblock on that GPU. That triple rad should be plenty enough to keep both cool unless you're trying for an OC world record.

>Not using a workstation board with dual CPU
>16gb of 1333mhz ram nice bottle neck bro
>3840x2160 not true 4k

>Not using a superior workstation board with dual cpu with 256 ddr4 at least 2133mhz ram. Enjoy your bottle neck faggot.

what? source?

Hey guys! I have a penis!

That is my next goal, was waiting til I got a better gpu ( which I now have) to spend the money on a waterblock for it

not bad, but why the homosexual blue pastel?

it has begun :^)

Ehh thought it would look cool at the time. It's my first liquid loop build. Going to change it when I flush the system and add the gpu block

>Obviously not the same person

its 2016 why are you using shit tier corsair fans

how do you faggots not know how DDR works. It literally stands for DOUBLE DATA RATE

1333 x 2 = 2666 ram

back to the high school computer lab for you

pretty sure that cpu is less than 2 years old - seeing as I have a 6600k that's a year old and they came out first.

Oh dual GPU no thanks
I'm running a 6700K, a 1080, 8GB ram, SSD.
It's wasn't too much, seeing as I sold my 980 a few days before the 1080 release so I could upgrade for like $200
I use a 1440p screen at 90Hz and personally I think all the games look really good.
Good processors and good gpus aren't mutually exclusive, man!

i....is that a poster for imac's on your wall

because it's an absolute waste of time and money unless you're doing it in a professional capacity. Nothing is worth doing if it doesn't one, bring you to a physical orgasm, or two make money. That's what plebs don't get about life. Yes, I'm making money right now talking to you poor fucks.

Sooooooooo my 24gb of 1866 DDR3 is baller as shit? I'm comfortable with that

your feet hit the corresponding arrow when it lines up on the screen. How fucking hard do you think that is? DO you really think people dont know that fuck you.

DIDNT EVEN READ

Price vs Performance is garbage for rigs that play 4K at acceptable framerates/settings. Video card manufacturers inflate the price on 'enthusiast' cards like the Titan X because they know people will pay it even if its terrible value for money

Why not save for something actually useful like a house deposit?

now do the same calculation for 1666

you fucking mongoloid

Holy shit google it. How can you have a computer like that and not know this?

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2582656/titan-requires-24gb-ram-minimum.html

>Spending another $1200 on a Titan XP for 15-20% extra performance.

Congratulations on wasting money dipshit I hope your PC explodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4X4jXBBDNY

so nobody on this? need it for archive purposes