I want to stop drinking, advice Sup Forums?

I want to stop drinking, advice Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthland.time.com/2012/03/09/lsd-may-help-treat-alcoholism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Regardless of what happens...we love you.

I'd recommend a treatment program. at least 30 days inpatient.

Or AA.

I can try and help you find a local meeting, or a local treatment center who'll help work your financial/ins situation

Naltrexone.

I stopped drinking. Life is boring as shit now and I'm stressed all the time.

Not to mention it was the only thing that treated my mental illness.

I wouldn't, bro. It's nasty out here.

Thank you

Sounds hard, but i will consider it, thanks

haha yeah life is shit isn't it?

how bad is it??

Rarely go a day without, sometimes i manage though

I started to chew tobacco when i wanted to quit drinking. It helped

ween yourself off until you can just drink on friday and saturday keep it like that till you die. it will give you something to look forward to. your body will heal and you can still have fun on friday.

Alright bro.
Work it down to 2 to 3 times a week.
Are you getting blacked out every time you drink?

why?

Don't stop. You'll regret it.

Huge alchy here. When im having the urge to drink, ill eat a fuck ton of food, getting super full makes me not want to drink.

Swecuck here so i use snus, smokeless tobacco, helps me go without some days

Been trying that for about half a year, hasn't worked

Nah not most of the time, sometimes

I can't offer you any advice.
I'm necking down a litre of whiskey right now.
All I can do is hope you get what you want, and if you want to quit drinking then I hope you have the inner power to overcome the booze cravings.

haha probably

shit might work

become really poor.

with no monies you can't buy the alcohols.

Thank you, down to my last bottle now, gives me a slight feeling of panic

This works. try drinking on a full as fuck stomach....does not work broskee

away from one problem and into another. good thinking. you'll go far kid

Benzos. Though they are far easier to abuse and withdrawal includes seizures but idk. Get something like etizolam which isn't euphoric, it'll just help the cravings.

I'm 19 and I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

But here it goes anyways - stop slowly. When you find other hobbies and interests, make them replace drinking. This might take a huge lot of time.

Shit fam that's smart

depends on how much you need to drink i think

already have that problem though so..

get addicted to some kind of opiate. dont have to shoot up. youll be able to function in everyday life better. just try not to get out of control

don't really want to replace one abuse problem with another, but i dunno

yeah hasn't worked so far, getting better at times thin life goes to shit again

Don't stop.

Be a man and drink like a man, not like a pussy whore ass nigga.

again want to stop using anything

pretty much my motto so far

just turned 21, i was drinking like a fish before i turned legal to drink. quit 26 days before i turned, i am on day 33. its hard man but we can do it.

Yeah thanks went about a week not to long ago, shitfaced atm though

If you can restrict your drinking to nights, that's a start.

If you can exercise for a couple HOURS that's a huge start.

If you can do that and then take a sleeping pill after exercising into the night, then you'll be too sleepy to drink.

Repeat daily. Tire yourself out. Then medically seal the deal.

Benzos target the same receptors and are sometimes prescribed to help with alcohol addiction. Just don't go crazy.

Alternatively buy some goofy shit like 3-meo-pcp and distract yourself with that.

don't let yourself slip man, when you really feel like you wanna drink distract yourself. know that its not worth it, waste of your short life and it hurts you and the people who love you man.

yes
dont drink

I'm currently detoxing after a 5 day bender. It's fucking awful and I desperately need to stop drinking

> be me
> be drinking over 2 litres of whiskey a night
> be doing that for 3 years straight
> no money, going from job to job
> regain conciousness one morning after usual drinking bout and eating giant bag of doritos
> discover huge empty bag of dog biscuits next to bed
> decide its time to sober up

Still drink and still get drunk sometimes. Nothing like I used to though.

been trying to exercise more regularly, really fucking hard though

kept it mostly a secret though, just some of my close friends know about it. oh and you lovely fellas

rough, heart goes out to ya brother

well it's a start

Sounds like me, my body is deteriorating.

I get that.
If you really want to quit, you'll get there.
I have faith in you even though I don't know you.
I think I might be the only person on Sup Forums that's normal and want people to get where they want to be... I think it's because I have a bit of an alcohol problem and I want you to succeed so it gives me a bit of hope that I don't rely on booze to solve my problems.
Truely hope you get where you want to be.
People will talk shit, but do well by yourself.

I've been to treatment twice but always relapse within a few days of getting out. Fuck. Maybe I should try AA.

>360lbs drinking every night
>still holding a job but depressed superfat stoner slob
>start cutting back on the liquor
>go from whatever I want to just 1 pint
>have a pt size bottle I just refill with whatever I had
>ration it throughout the night for months
>eventually decide to drink only a half pint instead
>start weening down by drinking that and refilling the bottle a little more... then less refilling over time
>eventually feel sick when I drink more than half pint
>switch to beer on weekdays
>no more than 3 beers a night for a few months
>eventually can't even drink a half pint of liquor/cocktails without feeling nauseous
>made myself into a lightweight, buzz after just one beer

Lost 90lbs in the process too.

Jelly. Wish i had a bottle to chug right now.

AA works for me. Six years, sweeter than I thought. Not the only thing but works for some of us.

really fucking thanks man, wish you well in all things

well fuck

Yeah stop it

I finally quit after years of daily drinkinf. It's hard but worth it. Wean yourself down for a few days if your hitting it real hard every dau, cold turkey can kill you if you a daily heavy heavy drinker.

Got me setting a hard but reasonable goal worked. I went 40 days without drinking and it was fucking hell at first but by the end of it, I really enjoyed not waking up NEEDING to go to the store for booze to kill the hang over. Relapsed a few months later did sIme stupid shit and finally called it quits for good. Been sober almost 3 years now. I miss a nice Guinness and singlet malt scorches but it's not worth it.

AA can be helpful, I went at first a lot but not much now.

Nobody likes a quitter OP.

hah yeah would miss a nice cold Guinness with the boys, worried about AA though since i'd like to stop by my own power, not being reliant on someone else. if that makes any sense?

OP here, well lads thank you for the support, but now i have to go to sleep before i start drinking again. best of luck to you all

I wound up with a few problems. My short term memory is shot and my hands shake pretty bad unless I make a concious effort.
But I pretty much just went from drinking heavily everyday to a couple of drinks occassionally. Probably be safer with some kind of weaning or detox program

If you are a serious alcoholic then don't cut yourself off alcohol cold turkey without consulting a doctor. people can die from alcohol withdrawal. either ween yourself off slowly of get help.

Yea sobriety sucks but it's better in some ways lol... Im still trying to choose between the two l. If you do choose clean, Benzos help get you through the mental part of quitting drinking; I would reccomend them even though you're rightfully concerned about replacing addictions. I quit heroin and other opiates by keeping a tally of days without and taking a week or two to watch netflix and shit myself and writhe and eat benzos (xanax). The tally helps me, maybe it would help you. Good luck, whichever you choose.

It has been showed on several studies that alcoholics have decreased carvings after taking psychedelic substances such as shrooms or LSD

Start collect music on Vinyl, then you wont have money to buy alcohol.

In that sentence you talked about what you'd miss and what you'd like. How about wanting to not die?

Also myself after taking em don't feel like drinking for next week

What studies?

Don't feel jelly, I had to borrow the cash off my fucking mum to get this hooch.
29 year olds shouldn't have to do that kinda shit.

f.e. healthland.time.com/2012/03/09/lsd-may-help-treat-alcoholism/
But you can google it

Well shit. I guess doing a fuckload as a teenager doesn't help if you become a drunk later on.

I want to cut down my drinking too but I got a bottle of vodka and half a g of coke and I really fancy a wank.
I hope I get this good of a turn out to my cutting down thread though.

You won't be alone.

4 months for me
drinking hard for 25 years
soberness is a real trip
you got nothing to loose kinda sounds like your at the bottom anyways
dont puss out just give it a try and you can always start again
its a trip for realz

You need an excuse, a reason to quit or cut down. if you're quitting just because you feel like it, you're gunna have a bad time

I don't think I want to quit, just maybe drink less.

I've drank more or less daily for the last 4 or so years. Usually at night. Never till blackout, very rarely until I'm sick. Usually don't wake up with a hangover.

Really on the line right now whether or not to go get some whisky before the stores close.

I'd save a ton of money and probably lose some weight if I drank less, but holy fuck my life is boring without booze. What do?

Whilst I'm quitting or whilst I'm wanking?
That shit gives he the hebe jebe's!

So Close!

butt-chug instead?

When I was drinking heavy, I saw death as an escape. Not wanting to die isn't enough for a lot of people.

Cutting down thread. You'll be talking to people. Key.

shut mouth, never open it again.

Double trips....
Thanks Satan.
I'm gonna go wank to Femdom feet now.

I'm giving you advice. I did a lot things and quitted most into normal consum again. It's not about black white, its about if you truly want drink less. Don't stop from 100 to 0. Just want it and drink less. If you truly want it and dont do it because of someone else you will suceed. Also try to improve your enviroment

I know, it looked good to me too. The point I was making there is that worrying about how you'd like things to work can get in your way. As addicts, we're all about getting what we want when we want it. At one point you need to say "no matter what". This brings freedom. Good luck to you, I'm going to sleep to get up at 4:30 a.m. to do service work for other addicts. That helps me, giving it back. Ask one day and someone will give to you too. Good night, user.