Just got back from The Neon Demon, had to drive 40+ minutes...

Just got back from The Neon Demon, had to drive 40+ minutes, but it was well worth it: it's easily the best film I've seen this year.

However, I have some questions that maybe the rest of you can answer or have theories about:
>Why did Jesse dream about Keanu and the knife? Was Keanu the one who murdered her neighbor? Just in general, what the fuck happened in that scene?
>What did the upside-down triforce and blood pyramid represent?
>Why did Ruby bathe in the blood? I know she hated Jesse after she rejected her and that was her motivation for killing her, but I thought that the models needed the blood to stay young and good-looking...so why would a makeup artist need it?

I can't stop thinking about this film. I'm probably going to see it again soon.

>Why did Jesse dream about Keanu and the knife
Red herring, makes you think males are the predators when it's really women, this is the last thing Jesse expected

Because beauty is the only thing and all women are shallow. Jesse was meat, not sex. Ruby told the others this when she painted with her lipstick on the mirror.

Fuck you OP. Rotten tomatoes says it's bad and they are paid critics who studied cinema at university levels

>there are people who believe this unironically

>Why did Jesse dream about Keanu and the knife? Was Keanu the one who murdered her neighbor? Just in general, what the fuck happened in that scene?
this happens right after her sexual awakening and muh female empowerement, she inconsciously wanted to get fucked

No it didn't. Jena tries to rape her afterward.

wrong he literally was a predator and was just about to go to her room to violently rape her...the dream was a warning- notice how she locks her door moments before he tries to get it
the knife is also a callback to beyond the valley of the dolls
the triangle I think was...the draw to power? her subconscious
blood bath- google Elizabeth Báthory, woman who bathed in the blood of servant girls she murdered believing it would keep her young and beautiful (likely just liked killing but that's the reason given)

Should I see this tomorrow in a theater or wait and pirate it

all the men in this are shallow too, even worse because they smugly try to intellectualize it
they're all shallow and sexual predators or sadists

I also just got out of seeing and I completely agree. NWR can do no wrong. He's at the top of his game and really the best working director right now.

See it in a theater. Trust me. The visuals in this movie really are best watched on the big screen.

100% agree. I got to see it in an empty theater and it was a magically experience. Just avoid the trailer, since it practically shows every single scene from the movie.

Derek Cianfrance and Malick.

See it in a theater, trust me, it's worth it. My theater only had 10 people in it, the sound and visuals were insane on the big screen.

Saw all the trailers and it didn't spoil anything. None of the clips in the trailer have any context.

TRIGger warning if you have epilepsy or something though...there's a strobing scene towards the beginning that was bothering me even with eyes closed

Derek is good but definitely not the best. NWR and King Malick are tied.

I saw it in theaters knowing all the basic plot points and still liked it.
Malick is overrated and D Cian doesn't even rate...look outside of the US doofuses

Really because when I was watching the movie I thought "oh, that scene from the trailer is coming up, I know what's gonna happen". I wonder if "that scene" is coming up soon, since there is some foreshadowing for it. Now I've seen all the scenes from the trailer except for "the bloody shower scene", there must only be a few minutes left.

What was your favorite scene Refn bros?

>Vomiting the eyeball / eating the eyeball
>The runway scene

>Malick is overrated
To each their own friend

The only scene I was able to predict was when Sarah drank Jesse's blood in the bathroom

Maybe I haven't seen all the trailers.

club performance scene

I actually didn't remember the specifics of that scene from that trailer. I just thought someone got hurt there based on the trailer. I liked how that scene clicked later in the movie though. This movie had a surprising amount of depth and foreshadowing.

when abbey lee lunges to lick the bloody hand
the final scene from when she says "I ate her" on...her look after she gets to replace the other girl, the bathroom death scene wit the blue carpet, the creepy white house

the morgue scene wasn't my favorite but when she spit in the dead body's mouth my jaw dropped and the three other people in the theater jumped or gasped

She's a afraid of penetration because the appeal of her beauty comes from her virginty. Everybody is attracted to her because she's still "innocent" but it works of on a subconscious level because nobody knows she's still a virgin until she reveals it. As for Reeves, he's a sexually agressive man and a pervert. He raped the 13 year old because he's into "lolita shit" and like everybody in the film, he's attracted to virgin youth.
This is a really subjective interpretation but I think that the triangles are vaginal symbol, much like Gosling's fists were a phallic symbol in OGF.
She's a makeup artist as you said, which means she's surrounded by women who are much more feminine, beautiful and desired than her. She too wants to be desired and attract people. She's the ultimate narcissist : she's a lesbian - homosexuality is inherently narcissistic - and during her finale scene, we see her naked and overjoyed by her own feminity as blood flows out of her cunt. Jesse's rejection was just another narcissistic harm inflicted upon her.

the mountain lion in the room was also really good, maybe the best moment where the surrealism and wonder he was going for really hit

the scene where they were on a date and looking at hollywood while she danced was also very nice, little too long

I really liked it, but I just wish that Refn spent a bit more on special effects and makeup. I know he mostly works with a relatively small budget but some scenes would benefit tremendously such as the pool scene and ending.

I was expecting more between Elle's death and them bathing in her blood, but I guess your imagination is supposed to be worse?

Bump

How much keanu is in the movie?

5 minutes on screen and 2 minutes off screen to rape a 13 year old

Thanks user

Should I see this tonight or tomorrow morning? The less people there the better (plus the vibe afterward is different, which one works better)

I saw it opening night and I was one of ten people

Do it whenever, normies don't know about Refn kino

See it soon, because it won't be in theaters long.

I just want to know if she gets naked in the movie or not.

She gets naked, nothing nudity shown on film. Good neck, underwear, feet shots. Lots of revealing clothes, no bra, etc. Other naked characters. some lesbo rape.

THe triforce and red pyramid were just a metaphorical way of representing what it was like to walk out onto the runway. Her licking the mirrors and getting smug was supposed to represent her inner arrogance and self absorption taking control.

see it in an empty theater or don't bother. Had obese bitches laughing at everything and insulting the skinny models every scene as if that would stop them from being slobs.