Yellowstone has just erupted

>yellowstone has just erupted
>everyone in the US is dead

how fucked are you?

somewhere between 1.5-1.6% fucked.

Pretty good. I'm Canadian

you realize it would only kill everyone in the midwest

Time to rebuild the empire.

It depends on your definition of fucked. I want to die so I'd welcome it.

not really fucked, I'll just be dead

>how fucked are you?
>dead

Itll just be a bit hazy here in South Carolina. Still alive tho

more like everyone in a few central states. I'm on the east coast, won't even get a dusting of ash

I live in Philly just outside of the danger zone, so not at all.

richmond va. Alive and well

Assuming more ash = death and/or mayhem, is anything of value whatsoever lost?

ill still be sitting back enjoying my beer by the ocean

>mfw instead of snow, my tropical paradise rains ash down for a mere couple of hours and then
>MADMAX:The Remaining States happens

Tfw I live so far down south in Texas I get no ash at all

I have inventions that can make tornadoes and I can use that to filter all the air on the planet and dust from super volcano's or asteroids are not a big deal and basically your fucking stupid.

Atlantic coast. Gonna suck missing the sun but it'll be ok

im already in the desert, what makes you think a little ash is going to create problems

>live in arizona
>only shrouded in an ash cloud
>can go to New Mexico to escape

Raleigh, NC
I'm fine

I'm surprised no one has brought this up but the biggest issue we're gonna have to deal with isn't ash on the east coast but the invading red army

The implications this has on food production alone is incredible

If Yellowstone erupted fully, the whole world would be fucked as shit... after a short while.

>still thinking the earth has some sort of molten core
>the center of the earth is a large space ship controlled by an advanced race of tall aliens

>tall aliens
Why tall?

If that thing erupts it's at best just america that is completely fucked because of its secondary effects.

Everyone else on the globe should be fine.

You live on top of the biggest (inactive at this time) fault line in the US. When Yellowstone erupts, it will cause a cascade effect and trigger that fault line. People don't realize living outside of the "ash zone" doesn't mean they are safe.
When it does erupt, the continental US is fucked. HARD.

>Are fucked*

You fucking idiots. Yellowstone is not just a basic volcano, it's what they call supervolcano. If it erupted again, it will probably kill everyone on the fucking planet. The athmosphere would become toxic pretty much everywhere and the dust clouds would fuck up the climate so bad it has great chances to provoke a new ice age.

I would only be covered in 3ft of ash... the ash would cause winter like temperatures and block out most of the sun's light. It's time for a fucking ash angel.

>dying to a volcano that spits out slow ass lava
>being that big of a pussy

No, it works either way because the Continental US is referred to as one entity. (one area/country)

totally fine

>t. armchair scientist

Jokes on you i live in Antartica

Not how Yellowstone would blow, Imaging Mount Saint Helens when it blew, how magnify that by the fact that the caldera of Yellowstone is 150 miles across. When it goes it's killing everyone.

>this

Though the grocery store may get a mad rush on like milk and bread at the start, but they probably have enough in the back store room to last a few days until things get back to normal. At worst we may have to tell some niggers or rednecks that they are on their own for a few days until shipping can get back to normal, and we have enough to go around again so that even non-premium citizens can eat. They're used to doing as they are told anyway, so no big deal.

dying to a volcano is almost as faggy as dying to a tornado. who dies to wind?

I'm in Chicago. It's still cleaner than Gary, Indiana

Not fucked at all
Amerifags are dead, Hitler can take over the world.
Sieg Heil

Im in SC to. 843 here.

Dying is for faggots anyways

dying to a tornado is almost as faggy as dying to a gunshot. who dies to a few grams of lead?

now you're thinking, user

Good point. And China.

864 here

oh word.

Hawaii ,, Alaska ,, not to mention the whole East of the mainland US... ALL ARE OK ...... Kill yourself Dumbass

>>dying to a volcano that spits out slow ass lava

its not the lava that kills everyone on the continent. That just covers an area the size of Wisconsin...

its the ash that's expected to cover the entirety of North America up to 12 foot deep...

>dying to ash
what are you, a faggot?

i'd get a few millimeters, northeast of atlanta here
i'd be totally fucked, but maybe not dead, at least immediately

Funny, these scientists have also said there was supposed to have been another ice age since the existence of man but for some reason there wasn't. It's almost as if they're guessing about something they've never actually seen or experienced before...

>Nordics

They look just like alt-right faggots imagine themselves to look like, and whom they are probably most likely descended from--basically the aleins fucked with chimp DNA to produce all other people, but Europeans got some superior alein DNA too, because we're the chosen ape-men or something. You really can't make this shit up.

Pennsylvania niggers, im good.
>Why is this state so great, except pot and wolf.

augusta here, fam
where are you at?

>not to mention the whole East of the mainland US...

West.

east is fucked. (prevailing winds and feet of ash.). West coast, Seattle, California, LA, are the ones that will get minimal ash.

(till the san andreas fault goes, and drops SF into the sea.)

No, a historian who's looked at the corpses of those who thought the same thing, in the cities of Herculaneum and Pompeii.

>pic related

Super dead live in Colorado

>30mm thick ash in California
>State is constantly on fire anyways
>Most forrests burn to the ground completely and then rebuild
>Implying win will stop and won't eventually disperse it
This won't be the end of the world

It wasnt the ash that killed them. Faggot.

>Northeastern US
Not so lucky. A few of my friends are dead faster than news it happened would hit, a few more dead within the first hour.

Most of my closest people live within a five minute walk, so that's a plus. Out of all of us only a few know how to grow crops, hunt or scavenge proper, but most are fast learners, most are armed and most are pretty hardy. If we're lucky and the more optimistic estimates are in play we might make it, assuming the food shortages, riots and what is essentially all the shitty parts of a nuclear winter except the fallout don't render what we can grow unable to yield food and we don't get hit by raiders or whatever.

Doin pretty good even better now all the stupid Americunts are dead

Mini one happened about 400 years ago. Is that the one you're thinking?

I live in Montana and my house has a cellar. I'll be fine

> these scientists have also said there was supposed to have been another ice age since the existence of man but for some reason there wasn't. It's almost as if they're guessing about something they've never actually seen or experienced before...

And, if you werent scientifically illiterate, you'd also know that its nothing to do with them having "not experienced before" (after all, no-one has ever seen a dinosaur. we know about them though.), its about the fact that we know these things will happen soon - on a geological timescale.

Betelgeuse will go supernova soon. But that might be 500 years ago and the light's not reached us, or it could be 10,000 years. On the scale of star lifespans, that's its last few seconds.
An ice age will hit. they come in a predictable cycle. but with that cycle being 100-120,000 years, its not like you measure it to the exact year. or even the exact milennium.
An asteroid will hit soon. they do so every 60-70 million years, and the last was 65 million years ago. But that's a 10-million year window, and our species is less than a million years. we might well be extinct by the time the next one slams into earth. we certainly will be after. but it might be tomorrow, it might be in 5 million years.

all these things will happen. its just a case of when on the geological scale of things.

I live in the outer blue.

>years ago
>super paranoid about disasters
>always watching disaster movies
>map out every possible major natural disaster
>include every manmade accidental disaster I can think of
>take into account areas that would be military targets in the event of a war
>stay away from cities in case of disaster scenario but close enough I can drive up for a day
>use this map to decide where the safest places in the country for multiple generations of a family to live are
>move there after college
>family members move around to various parts of the country
>end up congregating in one spot because they like the gun range
>right next to an international airport with runways large enough for heavy military aircraft, a nuclear power plant, within range of yellowstone, several other things
>move to where my family is anyway
>mfw

I'm in Canada so am totally OK. Would be nice if the US was cleared out and we could take the real estate over. Let Mexico have tx back. We get the rest.

You leave Yellow Stone alone!!

well, I never expected to find a world-class forensic archaeopathologist on Sup Forums with more understanding of the subject than the fucking experts I work with....

or maybe you're full of shit.

ash, specifically in those cases, pyroclastic ash forming a deposit layer 20+ feet deep, which choked and burnt and killed every living creature in the cities. Not whatever you imagine it was.

well worst case scenario looks like I'll be ok still... a bit ashy but ok....

Fuck nature, I need a change anyway, C'mon Bitch... Bring it!!

new york... idk

What's there to do in Montana? Isn't it boring as fuck

I'm from Plains, MT. We have plenty to do if you like crystal meth. :D

Actually I'm on the east coast outside of the blast range, I'll be just fine.

Thanks Obama.

Everyone dies, Midwest and west coast can't produce for probably 2 or 3 years after the heavy ash buildup in the soil. Areas not immediately affected will still have a planet worth of distribution of particles in the air, cancers, and lung disease will go up dramatically for years. This is my field of study so it keeps me up at night.

>Much truth
>very fact
>r becase googled it
>but not really tho, lul

kys

why? if it happens - it happens. worrying wont help

jokes on you faggot it already feels like an iceage in my fucking heart

Mfw since I'm right on the edge of the ash in Texas, it'll probably just be like the Bastrop fires were. Deal with ash falling from the sky for a couple days then I'm good

Atleast you'll die with the rest of the world and not alone

Dead/10

Even volcanoes forget about Australia

If you're gonna mention pyroclastic ash, then you must also be aware of the fact that that's not something that would be the cause of death for most people when Yellowstone erupts. Also saying that it was the ash that killed them isn't really correct. It was the heat more than anything, the ash is more of a package deal.

You know who is a faggot enough to die to ash?

Crops.

Stfu faggot. Seriously though why do you need attention. Contribute or an hero.

#croplivesmatter

dead

I'm in Mexico, we need to build that fucking wall.

dude COLORADO

Not fucked at all. I bought volcano insurance, I will literally be laughing at all you fags without it.

becuase retards get off to tall things for some reason

Considering I'm from Texas, I'm not too worried. If this chart is accurate there won't be too much to worry about, some minor ash but we can just kill it with our guns

MFW I'm the red ring Cheyenne, Rapid City, Denver, Boise, Missoula.