What's everyone drinking tonight?

get in here man, lets talk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Zl5vpy__dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0a4qM8rhE
youtube.com/watch?v=YVG1U-faqHY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buford_Pusser
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i started drinking at 9 AM today because i knew most of my day was going to be spent in an airport. now im back in california chilling with some weed to cool off this hangover. hows your night OP?

guinness and laphroaig, fucking wombo combo

Not bad my man. Went to a gig tonight, dropped some mandy, its wearing off now so im just chilling here with my whiskey and smoking a couple ciggies.

damn son. laphroaig is some good shit. I know because I worked in a bar that sold it and I could never afford it on my wages

shit-tier Popov vodka...

it's all I had cash for and is bang for my buck, ok?
Don't judge too harshly.

Besides, I've got some live recordings of Slowdive blasting so it all works out for the intended consequences.

Laphroaig! My man...

I miss the Scotches. Ever tried Ardbeg?

meh, popov ain't the worst. no judging here my man. only reason im drinking JD is because I got it cheap. and also its great to drink

This guy knows his shit.

Good Scotch with a tad of ice...
Mmmph!

where you from user?

Sapporo at the moment. Haven't had it in a long time, not bad

Sapporo is fucking shit, where are you from?

Drinking after a long day with the gf..

Girl is a genius and world renowned. Makes a shit load of money too. She fucking loves me too.

I'm struggling because while this is all good, I don't like her and am sick of fucking her.

Wut do?

if I could buy good scotch I would, I guess this Tennessee shit ain't bad. It will have to do.

what do you mean you don't like her? How long you been together?

Canada

Having a glass of Aberlour A'bunadh right now. Cheers Sup Forumsros.

Fuckin nice choice mate. No Laph right now but I've got Bowmore Laimrig and Lagavulin Distiller's Edition and might pour myself a glass of one of those after I'm done this.

Thanks for the affirmation.
I used to go for the JD but I think I got sick on it too much so I've developed an aversion. Go figure. I still drink. Oh well… I think it's the "sweetness" to American whiskey that throws me. Or perhaps I'm just a colossal puss.

Well, after a few shots and some good music, I'm all good.
All the folks in my house are hogging up the other rooms watching their TV shows so here I am…

Couldn't think of a better place to be, to be honest.
And I'm serious.

Wild West California out in the boondocks...

It's worth it if you can savor it. Don't let other people just guzzle it down. I've heard that Tennessee stuff is pretty good, though. I know a lot of it has to do with location and ingredients but after all, it's whiskey, right? Right?

water from costco

Kraken rum here Sup Forumsros listening to some Rammstein while imbibing.

>It's worth it if you can savor it
100% this. I buy good whiskey and people always ask me how I can afford it, and my answer is partly that I'm OK with spending a bit more on something I really like, and partly that I buy a nice bottle and it lasts me ages whereas they buy bottles a third of the price but go through them three times as often.

Some shit wine called "chocolate shop"
Wine's just too bitter for me, even if it's been aerated.
I'm watering it down with mountain dew like a nig.

whiskey is whiskey to me. gets me drunk all the same.

never heard anything more niggish tbh

>Rammstein
Man I haven't listened to them in fucking ages. Might have to fire 'em up again tonight at some point.

Right now listening to some fucking Bohren & der Club of Gore.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Zl5vpy__dQ

Dude what you are listening to sounds chill as fuck. Good Choice.

Thank fuck a drinking thread, was about to go and make one myself. Drinking Devils Cut still from last night, going hard as fuck and bored like no other. Cold as piss here in Minnesota. Cheers OP.

>one off from satanic trips
>tbh

Thanks man. Bohren is awesome whiskey drinking music.

Switching from Aberlour to a glass of Laimrig now. I'm not usually a huge fan of Bowmore but Laimrig is pretty great. It's like drinking smoke and leather and raisins.

Moscow mules here. Why? Because I like the drink. Using Goose for the base. I'm drinking it from a fucking knockoff yeti because I'm not asshole enough to drink it from those stupid copper looking cups.

hey, cold as fuck here in UK too. I can see my own breath in my bedroom. what the fuck is up with that,

>Cold as fuck
I know that feel user. Calgary AB here.

I hate my life

bleach

>Laimrig
I've never had Laimrig but with that description i'm for sure going to try it.

Shifted away from the harder music to youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0a4qM8rhE

Somebody is skimping out on the heat. Haha, drink more, blanket that shit up and your good to go my man.
Dude, I got family out in Prince Albert Sask, They tell me the same shit. Its about 30F here in mn, so whatever the conversion is. I feel like a pussy complaining to a Canadian. god dammit. cheers.

I think the last time I actually listened to them was when they were played on Space Ghost, Coast to Coast.

Wow. Throwback...

I know, right!?!?!

I got a bottle of Scotch for just less than a $100 US currency and my girlfriend (ex, now) was upset and took it and drank it all in the shower and I was just dumbfounded. I mean, ...what?

It's not the money part, either.
Just... "Did you enjoy that?"

Sitting at my desk, wrapped up in a blanket rated for -4C temperatures, that with my whiskey coat is doing juuuuuuust fine

Laimrig is basically cask-strength, non-chill-filtered Bowmore 15 made using the best casks. Really worth getting if you can find it, and pretty reasonably priced, but it's a low production thing and it's kind of a pain to find.

Nice music choice also. Cheers man

Eh winter's been mild here so far honestly, it's only -5C so 23F. It'll get down to -40C by the time winter really hits. Just feels cold because it's the start of winter and I'm not used to it yet I guess.

I'd never heard of them before.
Dang.
That's some good stuff.
Thanks for the heads-up on that one...

Ha me too, but use zzzquil instead

I'm about ready to start pulling out the flannels and heated blankets, but of course whiskey helps the cold. Fuck yeah.

Oh I hear you, people are still wearing shorts and shit, but oddly enough, minnesota is known for having very violent temperature changes. We'll be 32 degrees for 4 days straight, then randomly hit 10, then back to 50. its ridiculous. If you don't like the weather, just wait.

trying to quit smoking pot but get so bored i end up smoking again and thinking about switching to alcohol what do you think i should do ?

Natty light and fried bean and beef burritos

dominic?

reminds me of Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (in a good way)

nah not even close bud

Alcohol is more friendly due to many reasons. Not entirely illegal, they don't test for it, inexpensive. Start drinking, crank tunes, go to parties with friends. I'm completely for alcohol but wont smoke due to job reasons.

what ever you want man. they are both vices. Weed is probably less harmful but makes you complacent with being bored

john smith is that you?

are you nickel?

Thanks mate. They're good. If you're looking for similar, some other ones are Dale Cooper Quartet & the Dictaphones, Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, Somewhere Off Jazz Street, and Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation. These groups have some weird fucking names but I like the sort of noir movie sound they have going on.

>Schizophrenic weather
>Gets actually cold in the winter
Minnesota sounds like the Calgary of the USA. People make jokes about the wacky weather changes we get here all the time. It's been hovering around -3 to -5 for the last few days but it dropped down to that from +20C in literally one night.

HoooHOOOOOohooooOOOlllyYYY shit how did you know

>smoke and leather and raisins

I laughed out loud at this and the thing is...
It's SO TRUE.
(and so good).

You made my night...

>Sipping on a cool refreshing pint.

look behind you

wtf is wrong with your cup nigga

I've heard stories from my family that lived in Calgary from time to time, and I will agree, its basically Minnesota. We should be apart of Canada I swear. Our state is Bipolar enough to become on of yours haha. People out of state always come over and talk mad shit about the weather and everyone suddenly can't drive for shit due to the sight of rain or a snowflake, like get the fuck out you tourists.

whatever gets you through...

Just be careful and not overdo it on that stuff.
It can make you hurt.

nigga you just drank too much, cup looks fine to me

Drank, recycle bin

What does Whiskey taste like? Does it actually have a nice taste on it's own or do you need to mix it with something?!

I drink it straight. I like the taste. Its good with coke too.

Combination of the cup being twisted at the bottom and my shitty photography skills making it look like it's at an angle. I have a decanter that matches it- pic related.

Yeah I know that one man. I lived in Vancouver most of my life and people would always show up in the winter and complain about the rain. Like, fuck man, this is the weather here in the winter, how did you not expect this.

Standard whiskey tastes like spicy burning. It is actually pretty good.

Single Malts are where you get flavor m8

>inb4 fireball

Whiskey can be good on its own, tastes like a barrel sometimes, a bunch of wood, oak etc. Earthy to me, but sometimes mix in some vanilla, wood tastes (oak, mahogany etc) and caramel. Mix it with coke or dark soda, though Jack and 7 is fantastic.

I've had Jack and coke before and I really enjoyed that.

>What does whiskey taste like
Huge variety in flavor, really depends on the type and style. Speaking super broadly:
>bourbon
Quite rich, lots of wood flavors (read: baking spices, toffee, vanilla, barrel char) due to the requirement that barrels be new-make charred oak.
>Rye
Generally quite dry and kind of spicy/peppery.
>Bourbon-aged single malts
Less wood influence and less richness than bourbon due to the use of second (or more) fill barrels. Generally mellow and fruity when young and a bit more rich when aged.
>Sherry aged malts
Darkest in color. Generally lots of dried fruit and spice flavors, think fruitcake type tastes.
>Peated malts
Varying degrees of smoky, medicinal, and maritime type flavors, balanced (or not) by the type of cask used in the aging process.

Personally I always drink whiskey neat because that's the way I like it, but lots of people add ice (mutes the flavor a bit but makes the alcohol less noticeable), or mix with coke or whatever. If you plan on mixing, it's really not worth buying good whiskey imo because you won't really taste it anyway.

Listen to this guy

>Peated malts ftw

youtube.com/watch?v=YVG1U-faqHY

I can only imagine you guys get it worse, though we have people coming to the mall of America like crazy and I walk around it to make some basic shopping and people flying in from bumfuck nowhere just complain like HOLY FUCK THIS WEATHER IS ATROCIOUS. Our summers are humid and terrible and winters are Canada standard. I don't know why I live here.

Just stood outside, smoking a cig, bottle of jack in hand. Lady walked past my house, she's waiting for a taxi in the rain. Said good morning to her (its 6am here). People are going to work right now and I'm here drinking with you fuckers. Cheers to you lot

Thanks for the additional recommendations.
We (proverbial) can always use some new GOOD music.
I dig that noir movie sound like you were talking about...

It's hard to find these days.
Most of my music is from old-school 80s / 90s goth bands and movie soundtracks. So, yeah, THANKS.

By the way... how do you find out about this stuff? I'm a hick out in the middle of nowhere and the only resource I've got is drunken nights on Sup Forums. I'm lucky if I can hear a snippet of Cracker out here on the radio every once in a while.

For anyone wanting to drink like a gentlemen tonight, might I suggest looping Fragrance of Dark coffee on youtube, paired with rainymood.

Honestly I don't remember how I initially found Bohren- might have been on a website I was pulling download links off or something- but once you find an artist you like you can use shit like last.fm to find similar ones, or see what pops up in youtube suggestions or whatever. A lot of it is just looking around.

Yeah that sucks. It was the same in Van, it's like I'm well aware the weather is shit man I live here all the time. Having said that summers on the coast of BC were pretty godly and while rainy as hell the winters were at least mild.

Plan on moving to Sask eventually so I'll be able to be on the same boat as you soon enough though. Can't wait to drink my hearts content on Alexander Keith's and Pilsner.

I just got one of these the other day at a local store on a whim. I've gotta say, I never liked cherry flavored things because it always tasted like bad medicine but that cola was pretty darned good.

Went shooting today with a couple buddies, then we sat around watching Cops and drinking wonderfully shitty Natty Ice. There's times to savor good beer, and this wasn't one of those times. But yeah, sometimes it's not so bad living in a red state.

A better description than I could give.
Spot on!

tfw just got fired because alcohol problem. Feels bad man.

had a can of this today. Meh I definitely prefer cherry/vanilla cokes.

Drinking pilsner now.

I'm gonna drink water, I guess :(

Sounds nice man. I'm socking money away for a rifle right now- have my heart set on a lever action because fuck it, they're sexy.

>Sask
Shit, you're really giving her on the cold thing then. The prairies are cold as fuck. Not quite territories-tier cold but still too cold for my liking.

Time for a new drink again, cheers mates.

water and smoking weed and ciggies

Cheers mate.
From California.

>it's only 11 pm here... bottoms-up!

1am here in minnesota, My gf thinks your cat is hilariously awesome. name of the cat? lol

jager for tonight

Just turned midnight here in YYC. Cheers man.

I have to say, Cali has some nice winter weather in my experience. I was going around in shorts and a t-shirt in February. Got some weird fucking looks I can tell you but it was nice.

How do you drink it, straight? Been experimenting with jager lately, it overpowers just about anything but energy drinks (hence jagerbombs). Cranberry sierra mist/cranberry ginger ale is a tasty mixer and compliments it (Though some might consider it girly).

Kaboodle.

But the character's name is Buford Pusser.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buford_Pusser

He's a legendary guy from the US that's been portrayed numerous times in television and film.

Most notably Joe Don Baker. And then many years later by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Cheers, mate.
Give your gal a kiss for me!

THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT.
I grew up here and after living up in the Pacific Northwest this is like the tropics; you get all the seasons but they're all so mild, it's ridiculous.

Yeah, T-shirt and shorts all the way...

Love the name bro, Great haha.

Ill definitely give her one, and goddammit thats a great pic related and story behind it.

Yeah man. I'm considering moving to Cali once I'm done school here, but I'll see how it goes.

Onto (probably) my last drink of the evening. Capping it off with some port- Porto Messias Colheita tawny 1968. Nectar of the fucking gods man.

Three 24 bud ice tall boys then a box of wine because my girl came over. Would have rather smashed more cheap beer.

Hey thanks.
Keep the love going while I have another tipple...

>pic not related -- it's just still Caturday where I'm at

I'm about 3 jumbo drinks in, going on my fourth, meanwhile the girlfriend is dying her hair in the next room asking how the threads going. Cheers from the both of us.

My God.
How did you get ahold of THAT?

California's nice weather-wise but it's goddamned expensive with taxes. But I can see by your choice of beverage you have good judgement. Use it... "wisely".

Honestly, more days than not I'd rather have cheap beer and box/jug wine instead of anything fancy. My local shop has a 4/$10 deal on a brand of cheap wine, and a 40 of King Cobra is 2.49. Of course, the next day I might want to make a whiskey sour from scratch or sip some decent tequila.

Haha thanks man. Port is honestly a really good choice if you want to go for top-tier drinks, because fortified wines in general are pretty out of style right now, and as a result they're really cheap for the quality level. Like, this port is easily in my top 3 drinks of any type ever, and it was about the same money as, say, a bottle of Lagavulin 16 or equivalent. You just have to find someplace that carries really good port- generally I've found actual wine stores better for that than general liquor stores.

King Cobra?
Colt 45?

Either way, the choice of Lando Calrissian.

OK, I can see the sweet aspect.
But still.
I guess where I'm at, it would be the equivalent of about 100 euros, give or take and I just can't afford that. God, I miss a good port...

Yeah, I guess you're right with the "out of style" thing but DO THEY REALLY GO OUT OF STYLE?

Just like you said, the Lagavulin (any year, really) is worth it. I just can only find cheap-ass booze in bum-fuck California. At least, not locally... Luck you. But hey, Enjoy!

Glad to see somebody doing it right.

I would unironically drink the hell out of Colt 45 if any of my local places stocked it. Where I am, the only 40oz that stores carry is King Cobra, so that's what I drink. My preferred malt liquaaa' is Steel Reserve, but I can get a 40 of cobra for the price of two SR tallboys.