Tfw 36 and making minimum wage

>tfw 36 and making minimum wage
>tfw never made more than minimum wage

Would you an hero if you were my age making 11.65 an hour and didn't have a dime in savings?

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do you do?

I'm 16 and I don't even have a job and I still wanna kms

That's dumb. You still have 2 years to figure shit out.

>Would you an hero if you were my age making 11.65 an hour and didn't have a dime in savings?

How do you even manage to hold down a job. I can't do it.

I'd only an hero if I was turned into a quadriplegic or if the rest of my life was going to be spent in unimaginable physical pain and there was no way to avoid it.
Otherwise... I don't know about you, but I simply don't care how shitty my life is, as long as I'm not in literal agony. If I'm not dead (or a quadriplegic), I can find some way to make it better or at least more interesting.

I've been thinking about it. I'm amost in op's shoes, making 15 an hour at a shithole dive and I might have parkinsons. No non physical skills to fall back on if you don't count writing. Writing as a profession is nearly dead lol.

If you do have Parkinson's, and you live in America, take advantage of that Obamacare while you still have it. I've seen that shit get nasty when untreated.
As far as skills go, and I might be a little biased on this front, I'd say learn to program, mostly web development.
It's the grunt work of the information sector, but it's a job that's in high demand, and will be for a long time.

I'd top myself if I wasn't making more than minimum wage by 20.

I was making 21.50/hr at 17.

11.65 isn't minimum wage

>36 still minimum

t-th- th- the- thanks boomers!

lol, I think my wpm will be a bit low for a programming job. I accidentally fucked myself out of insurance by not reading the ins and outs, so I'll be getting checked out next enrollment. It's been slowly getting worse over the past year, but the progression seems even. I can survive another couple months. I'm mostly hoping it's something more treatable that didn't come up in all my research.

You should have just settle d down at a job where you can have benefits and theres room for advancement. I started at an office firm 12 years ago when I was 22 as an intern making minimum and doing grunt work, the company since then has grown and demand for management went up, and the longer I stayed the higher up I would get and the more raises I accumulated. Now I've been making $50/hr for the past three years and supervise 200+ employees. Basically just had to show up, do my work and make sure others did the same and I advanced. Just do your work and slide up in the ranks, if you cant do that then I would say then you should kill yourself, but at least do a mass shooting or something before you go.

Oh, and as an oldfag, I hate what scripts have done to the internet. Simple pages are cumbersome as fuck.

This, i would seriously consider suicide only if i got blind, paraplegic or deaf, otherwise its just life in hardmode

You are the scum of America. You have chosen where you are right now. Get fucked

In the meantime if you dont get piss tested you could treat it by smoking a littlest ganja

You typed this in 6 minutes.
That's approximately the speed you go at when you're programming something. It's not like in the movies where you see someone flying across the keyboard like they're an edgy jazz pianist.
In reality, it takes a lot more thought and you don't have to be fast to write it out.
Especially when I'm debugging something, I type one line every 3 minutes or so.

As far as the Parkinsons goes, I'm sorry, I really am. I saw my uncle go through that and it was horrible to watch. So get some help ASAP.

But don't stress. That just makes things worse. Just remember that some day you're going to die anyway and then universe itself will go through heat death and nothing will ever happen again.

I do, but just for recreation. It honestly makes it worse. I picked it up again after a decade of not smoking hoping it would help. I never was a functional stoner, which is why I gave it up. A toke as a nightcap help me sleep though.

Are you in your 30s?
That's awful.
I'm a medfag and early onset parkinson's is possibly the worst thing I've ever seen in my career.

If you do have it there's not much that can be done. The treatment options are very limited.

Good luck

Don't be a lazy cunt until you're accepted around the workplace. Then do whatever the fuck you want

lol, good to know. Maybe I'll see what courses I can afford. I'm typing with my good hand only. I will get help soon. Right now I can only bitch about it and speculate. Thanks for the advice.

MODS

underage b&

Yup 35. Thanks for the buzzkill. lol. I've seen videos of what the drugs can do, even if they eventually fuck you over. Involuntary movements caused by cogentin (I think that's the one that causes it) are years out if I end up on that road. Who knows what new treatments are in the future though.

You don't even need to go college or pay for course.
Sure, it helps to have a little bit of structure and more detailed feedback on your progress, but it isn't entirely necessary.
Besides, the best programmers, whether they went to school or not, are self-taught.

If you want something to start you off right now, go here:
w3schools.com/html/

Then look at the CSS tutorials, then JavaScript, then SQL, then PHP.

You're sitting in front of your computer right now. All the tools you need for your liberation are sitting right before you.

Alright, thanks! I remember a bit of the old html. I'll see if the others might stick.