Does high intelligence always go hand in hand with good taste in music?

Does high intelligence always go hand in hand with good taste in music?

No. All smart people aren't even into music. Those that are don't necessarily have better taste. What would make you think that? That's not a condescending question by the way, just genuinely curious.

Personally if I had to generalize a group of people as having the best music taste, it would be people depressed enough to consider suicide every so often, but not depressed enough to actually go through with it ever. People depressed enough to be alone most of the time, but not depressed enough to still have a solid social life.

Pretty damn specific, but that's what I've seen in my experience.

>Personally if I had to generalize a group of people as having the best music taste, it would be people depressed enough to consider suicide every so often, but not depressed enough to actually go through with it ever. People depressed enough to be alone most of the time, but not depressed enough to still have a solid social life.

please stop

hit a nerve?

Intelligence isn't a linear scale. You can be a genius in one thing and a total tard in the other. Therefore, the answer is no.

We can all agree that brainlets aren't capable of appreciating music that challenges their primitive needs in any way tho, can't we?

>trying this hard to get your thread off the ground

bless yr heart

not really. he's right.

I have an IQ of 91 and most people on Sup Forums would consider me a patrician. My favourite album is Djeli Moussa Diawara - Yasimika and my favourite movie is End of Evangelion.

Led Zeppelin is fucking awful by the way :^)

obscure =/= patrician

Most of the people I know with high IQs listen to radio shit so no

Oh, well. Some popular albums I like are Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde, The Cure - Disintegration, Slowdive - Souvlaki and The Velvet Undeground & Nico - s/t

He's got a point though.

There are many very intelligent 120+ IQ people with embarrassingly bad taste in art and shit opinions about politics.

Meanwhile there are many people of average or below average intelligence who are great artists and patricians.

intelligence =/= taste or creativity

>I enjoy all forms of music--pop, classical and opera

if gira was so smart why did he rap the girl lmao

popular =/= patrician

the person with the most average taste has the best taste because the most other people agree with them (music taste is subjective)

this seems pretty wrong

epic

From my experience smart people can be generalized as those that like to shit their underwear and carefully take them off to eat the shit with a spoon.

What's a "patrician"? Someone who understands their tastes well enough to replicate them instrumentally? I'd say it's closer to being that than just enjoying a particular number of artists.

Patrician is a buzzword started by a tripfag called CLT for "a bunch of albums he liked to get stoned to."

>IQ of 91
>favourite movie is End of Evangelion
sounds about right

They're the two classes in ancient Greece. Patricians and plebeians.

Plebeians were the uneducated workers and patricians the upper social strata that enjoyed art and philosophy.

Did Gira actually say that?

That'd be a stupid thing to say.

>implying music isn't the easiest and most primitive art form

>ancient greece
Kecc

>ranking which forms of art are "best"

No.

Smart people can be depressed as well though.

No correlation

I don't think so.

good music > bad films or bad art
good film > bad music or bad art
good art > bad music or bad film

yes

This is the most embarrassing post I've ever seen on this board and proves you don't have neither intelligence nor taste in music. Come back when you finish high school.

>you don't have neither intelligence nor taste in music

>ancient Greece
wew

definitely not, he didn't do an interview on the 24th of august 2014

I listen to a lot of "smart" music and I'm a complete moron

In ancient Greece? more like áristos and óchlos

No
See: STEMlords who only listen to shitty prog metal or horrible EDM

>I have an IQ of 91
>most people on Sup Forums would consider me a patrician
>My favourite album is [generic obscure album name]
>and my favourite movie is ["""""patrician"""" anime film]