Hey B

Hey B.

I just trapped a stray cat in my bathroom. It clearly hates people as it hisses every time i get close it it. Left food water and a liter box in there with it. (been planning this capture) Will it warm up to me? or want to kill me till I kill it.

Check to see if the cat has any medical work done to it. If it used to live with humans you might be able to warm it up. If not then it's probably gonna just hate you unless you can really show that you want to feed it and care for it.

If its completely feral, it will not warm up enough to you to keep. At most, youll have a porch cat. Either way, its not an inside cat.

This is coming from someone who's adopted 3 strays

Kick it and show your dominance. No escape. No surrender.

Most stray cats that were born in the wild just won't fuck with humans at all. We're basically predators to them. And not only that but if you try to domestic them they might just be too prideful to not hunt for themselves.

How do I tell? It seems kinda young I can't tell if he has any balls. Defiantly a sac though How else can I check? Fucking scratched the shit out of my hand

don't feed it for 24 hours, only water.
then give it some raw meat (no substitute)
wait another 24 hours and do it again
rinse, repeat. within 5 days the cat will know you aren't a cunt. if it tries to escape by rushing towards you, yell as loud and as low as you can right at it's face.

Rabies. Take it to the vet.

like raw chicken? Thats all I have atm. I comes in all the time to eat my girls cat food. Thats how I got it in here in the first place

As in my girlfriends cat's cat food

Fucking cook the meat. Don't give it more diseases than it already has.

This. Take it to the vet to get its shots.

Arn't vets expensive? I'm poor af. I'm sure it has worms though huge stomach.

Also I leave for thanksgiving break in 2 days will be gone for 5. Can't just leave it there.

OP, even if it's feral it may eventually come around. But it'll take time and effort.

If you put that in? You'll probably end up with a loyal cat. But it's only going to respond to patience and kindness. Even when it fucks you up scratching/biting.

Some stay feral pretty much forever though. So it's kind of a gamble. Can pay off or be a waste of time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Source: 11 years at an animal rescue, dozens of cat rehabilitations, dozens of freaks handled.

If it has been a stray for it's whole life i doubt it will ever be a good pet. Though if it knows to come inside to get food chances are it used to be someones pet. Just keep feeding it and take it slow hopefully it will warm up once it sees u are not gonna hurt it.

Then murder it. His life is in your hands. Don't pretend like someone else is going to give a shit.

If it were up to me you would set it on fire, fuck the remains and eat it.

Dozens of ferals. Not freaks.

Well maybe freaks too. But that's a different subject.

Here is a pic of the little shit

Qt cat. I woulda trap it tho, itll just make it hate u more. At least i know my 2 cats hate being stuck in a single room for a long . let it out in the house but give it some catnip first to mellow out

Your right i let it out will continue to feed it till it's a bit older

Feed it and then set it free if you can't care for it. Are you sure it's stray and not an escaped housecat? Some of 'em are microchipped.

I know this is off topic, but is nobody gonna mention the quads?