'Eyes Wide Shut' film by Stanley Kubrick. Thoughts? Analysis?

'Eyes Wide Shut' film by Stanley Kubrick. Thoughts? Analysis?

Just finished a 20 page paper on it and feel I've uncovered some fairly interesting new information. But I would like to hear from Sup Forums movie lovers before I conclude it.

Let's see your paper. I'd read that shit.

nobody care about shit movie or shit paper

nvm post it

would read.

loved it, loved to be disturbed by it.
i feel though it gains another whole context when in an actual marriage.
what a film to end on.

>stop the hype, post the paper. Let's see what you got.

Good film. What was the reason for writing, and assuming it was a class what was it/why did you choose it? If you feel comfortable posting the paper would be interested in reading.

How exactly is this bait...

Are you going to post it?

Alright OP here, what is the best way to post the paper?

P.S. I don't care if any of you use it for a class/whatever, just keep in mind that it is in national university archives because my professor is a huge cuck and it's contents can be searced by any U.S. teacher/professor. I just wanted to put that out there so none of you get fucked over.

I am a film production/writing major in the Hollywood area. I wrote the paper for an English class because I already had extensive knowledge on the film and the prompt was to write in depth about a film/play/novel. I am fine with posting it, I just need to know the best way to do so. I would hope anyone interested would enjoy the read! (bearing in mind I'm not the greatest writer in the universe here, lol).

why not copypasta here?

Upload it to zippyshare. Uploads are deleted in a month.

Sup Forums for some reason marking zippyshare as spam, won't let me upload.

Mega link?

Yeah I'd be interested to read this. I'm a film graduate and Kubrick is one of my favourites

I've been trying various things to upload it but it's just not working. I will try a few more things and if it still doesn't work, I don't see why I can't just share a condensed version of it on here via a reply post which will get the main idea's across, in which we can all then discuss.

Are you baiting? Seriously, mega links work.

No, I'm not baiting I swear it won't work. I'm not an idiot either, it should be working. I'm on my 3rd attempt.

>'Eyes Wide Shut' film by Stanley Kubrick.
>Thoughts?

Tom Cruise carried the movie for Nicole Kidman. Nicole Kidman's acting in this movie is probably some of the worst ever put on film. I was actually teetering the entire film between her acting being dreadful or being an ironic parody of bad acting that I wasn't getting.

It's a really cool story though. Illustrates creepy cults in a way that also illuminates how shady government and business works

>pretentious film with le_todeepformeemaning
>just not cultured enough to understand it man

those types of stanley kubrick's movies, while entertaining are the defintion of pretentious art thats really just abstract art. its beautiful if left in the category of abstract. if you try to take it in the direction, or if it was kubricks intention for those films to have meanings, then it just becomes pure utter garbage that is just like all those fucking performance artists that try to derive meaning from the act of sticking their head up their own ass.

2001 did not have any meaning to that clusterfuck of an ending.

eyes wide shut is just some dude who finds out his wife is a bitch and stubbles on some elitist shit along the way.

I'm gonna laugh when your paper is sent through a plagiarism scan by your prof and comes up online in several places because you uploaded it

Its a pice of work that shows a demential Kubrick, the lack of sense and a vague story with no real background, plus Nicole Kidman doing her worst, makes a film that shouldnt be watched more than once

>le_todeepformeemaning

How is manipulation of people and abuse of power by small societies too deep for anyone to understand? A 12 year old can understand the concept of the illuminati.

>Abstract art

You're a tard

tom cruise's wife being a cunt and cruise wandering about, getting into shit with the illuminati while contemplating his marriage is not a fucking meaning, its a plot.

>
>tom cruise's wife being a cunt and cruise wandering about, getting into shit with the illuminati while contemplating his marriage is not a fucking meaning, its a plot.
First slightly coherent thing you've said. I'm not even going to bother with:

It's about having to lie to his wife about making the lunar landing video. What he was promised and what he ended up getting in return/dying of.

Stupid Jew Prick

Made stupid movies

What's are you even trying to say? Do you think that moon landing is fake and that shape shifting lizards are in governments?

Amazing attention to detail. Cruise's character believes he's a powerful man because he's a doctor and uses that line many times to his advantage, only to later uncover what little power people like him really have. Nicoles character is purposefully played as a out of it because she's been groomed to be part of the society tom begins to uncover. Their daughter will follow in her moms footsteps as you see at the very end of the movie.

Love him showing the daughter being taken into the same society at the end. As they shop in the toys store the daughter is in an isle with the same exact tiger that was with Domino the friend of Mandy. In that isle as it pans away are two old men who were part of the society at Ziegler's house and at the party at the Rothschilds house at the end.

>is not a fucking meaning,

Rip your own testicles off. The meaning of the movie is that small societies do evil shit.

>How is manipulation of people and abuse of power by small societies

Small societies do evil shit. Did you miss this part you illiterate bitch? That's the meaning behind the movie. Some idiots even think the illuminati killed him after this movie was made. That's how obvious it was the meaning of the movie was Kubrick exposing these societies. Thanks for ruining my day by being a walking cancer cells though, I hope your mother dies in her sleep if you don't respond to this, faggot.