mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav
youtube.com/watch?v=FEswohCU6Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=KlVpR0cl1Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=GI1gpDEt4Eg
guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Historic-Bumblebee-Capacitors-2-pack-1282071006582.gc#reviews
clyp.it/1krby0dj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You won't really miss the clean EQ, they sound good out of the box. Give them a go, see what you think.

It was by no means a bad amp, just way too powerful and impractical, and didn't give the sound I was really after in the end. I have an AC15 now which gives you an idea of the sort of stuff I play, so totally different. Check out the DSL 40C as well, they have a switch which takes them down in power and they sound great too.

Thanks dude! I will definitely try them side by side, and then make my choice. Enjoy your AC15!

>How long have you been playing?
>Favorite guitars?
>Favorite guitarists?
>Projects?
>Talk about and play music
>General guitar and bass discussion

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/

Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons

Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf

Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Old thread 71224887

Is a Truefire yearly subscription worth it?

Thoughts on the 1955 Custom that's coming out this year?

Repost as thread died;

I'm trying to import loops from a ditto x4 to my PC. Upon importing them over, the files are the appropriate length of the loop but all silence. I reckon I must be doing something stupid, but I can't for the life of me figure out what.

Anyone got any ideas?

youtube.com/watch?v=FEswohCU6Ts

ok /gg/ name the players that got you interested in guitar in the first place
for me
>art alexakis - raw punk rock from everclear
>taylor swift
>slash from guns & roses
>michael jacksons solo on beat it

I might hafta buy one a those.

Looks great, P90s are killer. Will have to play one as the older Epiphones I have played were ok but not outstanding, and that is a lot of money for an Epi. Totally irrelevant, but the case it comes in looks great

Adrian Smith was my original inspiration.
Now my guitar-idol is J Mascis.

>Michael Jacksons solo on beat it
Michael Jackson didn't play that solo himself..

What's a good used price for a Fender Custom Shop Strat?

True, some chick played it. She's dating Richie Sambora now...forget her name

>michael jacksons solo

It was Angus and Malcolm Young for me. Dad gave me a copy of their first album and I loved the guitar on it. Was pretty easy to lean too, and it was fun to play along with the cd. I never learned the solos note for note, got the main bits and slowly made up the rest.

Mark Knophler got me in to taking it a bit more seriously later on.

>some chick played it

Are you sure? I thought Eddie played the solo in Dirty Diana

Positive

enlighten me on Fripp's Guitar Circles
should one enroll

Eddie played it

>drum case beater

bout tree fiddy

Is technical virtuosity important to you?

A great humble man with some great taste in geetars.

Kirk Hammett for me. I am wiser now and realize he is not all that special and it is actually James' riffology and Lars' composition skills that actually drive Metallica. People shit on Lars all the time but if you see him in the studio, you see he has quite the nack for envisioning where a song can go and I think he would have made a great guitar player if he ever did pick it up (and sort his rhythm out).

Satriani did a lot for me once I really got going (and still does) and now I can appreciate the artists and their music that are far removed from what I used to like, like B.B King, Chuck Berry, Chet Akins and even Les Paul himself.

Check out these 2 videos Satrani did on modes:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlVpR0cl1Uo

youtube.com/watch?v=GI1gpDEt4Eg

I was watching this old show called Hee Haw and this guy was playing an acoustic guitar. I think his name was Rob Clark. Anyway, I was hooked

How does the AC15 handle pedals? I have been thinking about trading in my DSL40 and getting an AC instead.

>People shit on Lars all the time

Deservedly though

Hetfield's patience is incredible for keeping him around so long

Can modellers ever sound as good as amps?

what string gauge do you use?

>P90s

Lol no thanks

Really well for what I use it for - which is either a Boss SD1 or a TS808 with a Les Paul or HSS Strat. I go for a broken up overdrive sound instead of all out distortion which you can clean up nicely with the volume knob and it works really well for that.

Sounds great by itself too, and the spring reverb works well. It doesn't have an effects loop which may be an issue for you however. I tried an OCD through one in the shop and am planning on getting it next month, sounded killer.

16-90
all in basic E

The Axe Fx in this concert sounds as good or better than any tube could, but with the added benefit of being 100% consistent from show to show. Metallica has all the money in the world. If the tones & feel weren't there they wouldn't use it.

Tube amps are amazing & I love them as much as my digital stuff, but they will become a thing of the past for touring & recording for most people in the not too distant future for sure. Just will not be necessary & will actually be too limiting & cumbersome.

10s

Don't knock them till you try em, but I suppose they're not for everyone. I think they're some of the most versatile pups around.

Kurt Cobain and Jerry Cantrell
Ler Lalonde from Primus

I found Hee Haw was a great inspiration for John 5. That's why he faps to telecasters.

Is the Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 a decent interface or is there something better in the same price range?

I will be mostly using it to record acoustic guitar (but also guitar rig and shit like that)

I recently got one and it's great.

RV5 and TU3 arrived today. Used the opportunity to tinker with my amp settings.
>turn gain down to 3 from 8 on crunch channel
>turn treble down to 4 from 8 on both channels
>turn mid up from 1 (!!) to 4 on crunch channel
So now I have a nice fat clean tone on the clean channel, a very VERY slightly overdriven creamy sound on the crunch channel and 70s overdrive (or more recently, first Ghost album sound) on crunch with boost on. Now you can actually tell what notes I'm playing. Reverb in FX loop and barely noticeable just to give it a bit more room and make it less dry.

Dug out some blues and jazz pieces I was supposed to learn like 10 years ago but never bothered because I was getting into metal (teenagers, what are you gonna do). NOICE

Now I only need to sell my shitty Epiphone LP and get a Strat.

E-Mu 0404 is as good as, and even cheaper

that's what I already have lol. I thought it was kind of a piece of shit. Have some problems with the inputs not responding. Might have to dig it up again though, it's been a couple of years.

Are they really similar in quality?

Squarepusher
Justin Chancellor
Flea
Colin Edwin

>tfw you fall in love with the qt youtube cover-fus (again)

>Metallica has all the money in the world. If the tones & feel weren't there they wouldn't use it.

I played a Epiphone LP Custom with Gibson P-90s like this recently at GC (it had a satin finish but I don't know the exact model). It was especially good like a lot of the high end Epis. Definitely better than a similarly priced Gibson.

A simple google search comparing the two will tell you that the Scarlet is more reliable than the E-mu.

Ive got one. No complaints.

11s for DADGAD. It's perfect.

>Thrash metal "tone"

Flea, John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Croce

Bob Dylan
townes van zandt

Whoever played guitar on the DC Talk album "Jesus Freak."

my dad

Where do I get a cardboard box big enough to send a guitar case and guitar to the seller?

a guitar store?

Durr, how did I not think of that?

Also, I am right in assuming that selling a used guitar to the store will likely end in me getting jewed, and I'll be better off selling it privately on ebay, right?

Why are all decent guitars in the $3,000 range?

>prepare ebay offer
>realize I only know where one of two keys for the case is
SHIT

pretty sure you're talking about roy clark

>prepare to write some music
>realize I only know where one or two keys on the fretboard are

>Epiphone

because you're an idiot
more expensive versions of stuff are better, up to a point where you're paying for novelty i.e. custom handmade wanky inlaid sparkly stuff
just happens that this point is about 3,000 bucks
congrats on your taste evolving to the point where only the most quality guitars are 'decent'
But you're a complete degenerate if you couldn't figure out the above for yourself

Why are you so mean? Does the high cost of decent guitars bother you too?

Yeah definitely. Trade ins are always a ripoff for everything.

because big brand names realized that when your consumer base is actually retarded enough to buy $0.25 fucking capacitors for $113, you can get away with a lot of things

like shitty features no one wants, questionable build quality and QC, arbitrary price increases, and illegal wood imports - all because of the brand name on the headstock

the guitar industry is a fucking joke and it's infuriating to say the least

guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Historic-Bumblebee-Capacitors-2-pack-1282071006582.gc#reviews

[Discussion] Is the best guitarist Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, or John Frusciante.

It's the same for many, many industries that possess enthusiasts willing to buy "enthusiast grade" products.

johnny marr
nile rodgers
django
fahey

never played a single song from last 2 though im just starting

as much as I want to say "more power to them" for pulling the ultimate jewish tricks and consistently getting away with them, this also means people who actually know better are going to be royally screwed over all the time

1 is good enough don't worry about it

So what's the best bang for your buck guitar that isn't made in some third world shithole?

mim strat

Masaaki Kishibe
Tommy Emanuel
Jon Gomm

Yep. Unfortunately, if you don't have the means to create a good guitar yourself, or to work with the kind of people that can and don't want to rip you off, you're stuck with the prices you're given.

i've been in love with her for over 5 years

My first guitar teacher. There was an open day at the music school, I was 10 and my class went there. He laid down some sick bass lines and I knew I want to play like that. I wasn't even "into" music back then, as in, I could only name 2 musicians (ELO and Eric Clapton) because my dad was into them, and that was it.
I signed up for classical guitar the next week, did that for 4 years and then went with electric instead of bass because bass has nostrings.
Actually it's exactly 15 years this month since I first decided to start playing.

any ibanez. superior japanese craftsmanship with a neck sanded 1000 times by hand.

>tfw you will never be confident enough in your songwriting to even show your bandmates, much less play in front of people

Reminder if you can't play Sweet Child of Mine you don't belong here and you need to leave.

I'm looking for info on this Amp. Its a GBX GD-2. Don't know the year (But I know its late 60's), but it's a 4x12 amp. And google isn't helping. Its just giving me shopping stuff.

this guy's dad

How did I do?

clyp.it/1krby0dj

What if I've never tried?

>not the full song
gtfo

atrocious timing and bends

other than that okay i guess

Get out

more practice on the fast bits lad

Thanks. I'll woodshed it some more. I've been getting complacent.

I don't think I will.

How do I get a tone like the band Mastadon?

No of course you wouldn't now would you.

Here ya go

*Mastodon

shes never coming back user ;_;.

Lost to us, like tears in the ocean or cries during a storm

>never bothered with a metronome
>eventually start recording and realize my timing is awful

listen and learn kids

i've learned to live with it kind of

Ace Frehley. Then Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Clapton and all those old blues guys. Ace Frehley is still my main idol and who i try to emulate the most.

>not making a drum track in 30 seconds and recording with that
???

Is the buffer the last thing in the chain? Hard for me to tell.