How do you explain your music taste to normies Sup Forums?

How do you explain your music taste to normies Sup Forums?

''I listen to a lot of stuff, I try to be as openminded as possible. You probably won't like the music but that is ok, everyone got their own musical taste.''

You don't.

"Good music aka anything other, than what Sup Forums recommends"

"I only listen to REAL music" then I show them Death Grips

"I don't like music"

"I usually listen to indie rock or punk"
No what most people think indie means. Hell I don't even think I really know what it means, but I've yet to come up with a better descriptor.

do you put that comma in there when you say it out loud as well?

I put on the most out there shit to shock their little monkey minds and enjoy their reactions
I made one of my friends listen to merzbow and had a good chuckle

thats a pretty awkward thing to say

I don't

"I listen to a lot of different stuff"
If I said 'listen to everything' it makes seem as if I'm not interested in music
If they press further I tell them what I listened to last

normies don't really ask what music I listen to. in my experience normies just expect that everyone listens to the same stuff

however I just mention a handful of artists to people who are actually interested

Hotline Bling is a fun one but I usually only listen to 1960's sitcom laugh-tracks.

You are normies. Have you ever been to any other boards? Sup Forums is in the top 5 of most normie boards, along with /soc/, Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /adv/.

The best way

being so far gone you can't differentiate between basic normies and Sup Forums any more isn't something to be proud of

"rock", very rarely do they investigate further in which case I say "mostly progressive rock from the 70's and indie rock" which shuts them up completely

I often fantasize about a qt ripping out one of my earbuds and listening to the stuff on my phone and being super impressed with our collective patrician tastes.

>implying I talk to normies

I either try not to, or just go all out like pic related.

Usually I don't bother and just say something controversial like Lil Yachty so that they go "Ewwww how can you listen to this"

Last week I had tea with a girl and she asked me what I listened to
She had already explained in great detail what she liked so I thought I'd do the same
She loved Nicolas Jaar and Patti Smith so she probably wasn't too much of a normie
Basically I just said I liked post-rock, shoegaze, jazz, hip hop and j-pop, and named entry-level Sup Forumscore bands for each genre

She didn't seem to know many of the artists I mentioned even though none of them were really obscure
She asked me to send her some links which leaves me thinking my half-assed answer picked her interest
I haven't sent anything yet

True patrician

I find the shallowness and cookie cutter-ness of contemporary popular music to be annoying and not interesting.

I don't. I just find out what they like and see if we have anything in common.

if someone asks me what i listen to i usually either go with "punk music" or "a little bit of everything"

piqued

what a pretentious asshole
this is better

"A bit of everything, but I really like late 90's alt rock. What about you?"

That should be enough to strike up a conversation with anyone worth talking about, AND avoiding turbo-plebs without looking cringy.

>You probably won't like the music
could you be any more pretentious?

checked

perhaps say two things that you like that are not too obscure but far apart in how different they are.
For example: "I like everything from Bob Dylan to Radiohead"

"Everything"

Shitty questions get shitty answers.

Wow, such a broad taste in music!

Just go full autist
"i like metal and bit-tune-
actually here i have my phone just scroll through the artists"

This happened once. She said, "user, what do you even listen to? This sounds like noise." It was Spirit They're Gone.

I don't have to.
I have intelligent friends, and if they don't like the music I do, I won't shove it down their throats, and we're both cool about it

Have you fags never spoken to human beings before or what?

You just simply show the music if you think they would like it.
In high school I was listening to lots of King Crimson and my classmate (who was listening to Linkin Park previously, but has been playing piano for years so he knows music) asked what I was listening to, I handed the headphones to him and he was pretty much amazed. He was quite obsessed with the band for a while afterwards, I can understand it, ITCOTCK still is my absolute fav

Have you never spoken to anyone outside your friends before?

I pronounce it "slash mew slash"

"I drone Scaruffi and a careful selection of RYM ploymaths. Who do you drone?"

I rarely talk to strangers about my musical preferences Tbh Fampai

I like everything, what you into?

Imagine someone you don't really know that well would ask you what you listen to.

that's not what he asked at all

"I listen to a lot of stuff. but tend to lean towards electronic and ambient stuff."

I just straight up tell them?
I listen to harsh noise, so if someone would ask me what's the point of it, I would probably say something like "metal is not heavy enough for me" or "I like the way it beeps/rumbles in my ears"
As for experimental or avantgarde music I would say I've been listening lots of music so I try to find less conventional music that finds ways to put the listener in a mood other than verse-chorus structure, or even rhythm and melody

There's something for me in every genre. I just have to find it.

>"REEEEE U WOULDNT UNDERSTAND IF I TOLD U NORMIE"

ITT: Cringe snowflakes

I just say that music is subjective and not everyone likes the same stuff. It's not like it's difficult and it's not like my taste is too special for them. It's just subjective and everyone above 15 knows this.

I like dreamy music

>You're going to hate it
Or
>Fuck you, you're going to listen

>hey friend X do you like this type of music?
>if yes:
>awesome, glad we have that in common
>if no:
>well, taste is subjective after all.

the end

I could just give them this to listen to.

gay

>talking to normies

usually i'll ask them what they like and find some common ground

>It's just subjective and everyone above 15 knows this.
>reducing a robust philosophical argument to this

i fart in cans and try to listen some echo

>reducing a robust philosophical argument to this
>the subjective nature of art

want to know how i know youre underage?

i name the specific musicians i listen to the most, and namedrop a couple of the more popular artists i listen to that they also might know

>''I listen to a lot of stuff, I try to be open-minded."

fixed

"ninja tuna by mr scruff and non-entry merzbow"

this