Sup Forumsros, quick question, I want your opinion:

Sup Forumsros, quick question, I want your opinion:
If a person is severely depressed, has suicidal thoughts every single day, literally no friends and no interest in the world, should that person focus on getting their life and situation straight or their mental state?

well since this shit will probably get pruned off before I finish typing I'll try and keep this short

>I am severely depressed and have suicidal thoughts every day
>it used to be worse
>here's what I did

uhh your situation straight vs mental state is kind of ambiguous, but I'm thinking you mean your career/school/life that will directly impact your future, vs how sad you feel

So first: get your shit together, make schedules, plans, keep organized. This will reduce your stress, and keep you on a positive track to success.

Second: Your social life is always going to fall second to your work my man. Love and family are different, but don't be fooled by your weak mind, or petty people. Family and bitches are cool, but remember that you are the only one you can really depend on.

Third: Appreciate success, make time for secondary interests. Now that you've gotten into the habit of taking your life/situation seriously you can work on your "mental state," find a therapist, cop some xans,

>therapy wasn't right for me
>hard work and weed were
>not that depressed anymore
>always take care of yourself first

life and situation
if you actually want to be normal, thats the only way but harder, also it may not work and fuck you up some more
if you try to work on your mental state you will be a forever depressed cuck, but your pain will decrease.

Whats it fucking matter, if your life dosent end in suicide, its probably going to end in some fucking McDonalds parking lot after you ate one to many chicken mcnuggets.

define 'normal'
but yeah, I was going to a therapist for some time, she offered me some drugs, declined, stopped going, I'm thinking about trying them out, if they allow me to actually start doing something about myself I guess it's worth a try

schedules and being organized always stressed me out, and being positive? just... no, if I'm to pretend that alles gut, I'd need those drugs

there is no social life, or love life, or family life and honestly, just the sheer thought that success or anything we'll do won't matter doesn't really fill me with much positivity
thanks for the time, tho

mental state because im the same i have no interest in anything i have no friends i hardly look at ppl anymore let alone talk to them i dont care about anything anymore i feel nothing im numb its mind shattering at times, my life is like eating food with no taste and no matter how much shit i throw into the mix it tastes no different but im still here because of my mental state because of my lack of care for the situation im in and have been in for all these years

woah, slow down there pal, I feel you all the way, except for the food, food is pretty good

actually no, I take it back, I've started enjoying food less and less

They are most likely the same thing. Your mental state is dependent on how well you are traversing through life. Do your best to do good things, like get a job or work well or make a significant other happy, and the results translate to happiness. If your only goal in life is to eat and sit, then you must at least do it better than anyone else. Eating and sitting demand you to get a job. Work at the job so that you can eat and sit, and then you will eat and sit like yeeeh I did it. And you will get bored and want to eat and sit better, consequently you will want to work harder.

i know food makes a lot of ppl happy and it makes me wonder how many ppl are like me just that food is that key to temporary feeling of anything good but its just not the same i might aswell be eating shit at this point ive always though of eating as a task and its bothersome

Correction, not better than anyone else. Simply as much as you want. Listen to your thoughts and what they want and try to get it, that is how the body changes your happiness. Our free will is the power to choose what we want to get, and our bodies help us along by giving us dopamine when we're getting there, or taking it away when we're not. So simply choose a goal, and then try your best, you will feel good. Don't let anyone tell you your work is not worth it because the people who try to get you down are both wrong and uncommon, which just makes them stick out to your memory. They have no real power against you.

Depends on the person, do you have serious mental problems that lead to your life going to shit or has your life gone to shit which caused you to develop mental problems.

If you were mentally stable before I would say get your life together and you will start feeling better as a result. This is normal with most people.

If you are being held back by mental problems and even when your life was fine you were fucked up, I would seek professional help. Severe mental issues can be hard to overcome by yourself and for some you will never get over them, you will just suppress them with meds that also make you feel like shit. At this point I wouldn't blame you for killing yourself.

I hope this helps

I wouldn't call them serious, it never came to self harm, but yes, it was always a bother, even if my life was a-ok, always tried to just keep moving forward, tho

>no friends
what about family?

never really talk to them, they don't know/ask what/how I feel, I don't tell them and try not to get in the way too much to avoid talking

Op you claim to have apathy but true apathy would you sitting down one day and simply withering away until you die.

You obviously are feeling a bad feeling. You call it numbness. You want to no longer feel this numbness.
Realize this: the English language is a series of random sounds based on nothing. You have mastered it. There are more specifics to it, but that's for the people who are real obsessed with English; you are more capable at speaking English than many German kids trying to learn English in school, and always will be. This is impressive. In the same way, so is being able to walk, which your brain also just picked up and started doing. This was back when your brain was disgustingly underdeveloped, the brain can do many things automatically. Being old has nothing to do with it, that is mostly a myth related to adults not being motivated enough to learn things because their minds are elsewhere occupied.

In the same way, think of society. Society is a bunch of random rules that people have to follow, like English. It's like a game. You don't have to do the parts you want to do. Sitting and rotting away in apathy is an option for you. Do that if you want. If you want to eat every once in a while, do that. If you want to rob people, do that.

You can do whatever you'd like to do, but everything is a game with random rules. Sometimes people tell you you have to do something, that's just them thinking they're supposed to. No one has to do anything. You don't have to talk to your family, you don't have to not kill yourself. You don't have to do anything.

Not doing anything is the state of consciousness Buddhists try their whole life to achieve. Mediation is literally them practicing not moving for many days. But they always get back up again, because they listen to their body at some point. The ones who don't we never hear about because they die, and Buddhists probably don't wanna tell us about those guys.

Do what I do.

Just stop showing it. Altogether

Act happy with other people even if you know it's fake

You will feel better. Not because you just do. But because you have to.

Talk to normies even though you hate too. Fake confidence Think of it as if this goes wrong I'll leave but try it anyway. Worse that can happen is somebody hates you.

And for gods sake don't do what I do when depressed.
I stopped getting hungry. Felt good. Sounds good. But I lost a quarter of my muscle mass in a month

I'm actually a little bit speechless, that was beautiful, papa bless
i never really claimed to have apathy, tho

if only it was that easy, overly positive people trying to talk to you, ruining your composure and peace of mind, forcing you to react and answer and me, not being a rude little piece of shit, answering to them, not letting them know that I just want them to shut the fuck up

That's my trick.

I'm a huge fucking asshole.

Your numbness makes everything feel the same. Well you're right everything IS THE SAME. But you've already accepted that. This is good to do, because it will make no one's false pressures on you matter. You can do whatever the fuck you want. It's random shit, that our brain can process and respond to.

This means that everything is valiant. This means that even doctors are just learning to do random shit with their bodies, so are trash collectors, so are musicians. The English language is just as intricate as doing all those things. Pulling structure out of randomness is always the same thing.

So just wake up tomorrow and realize you are only doing what you want to do, and keep doing the same thing or do something else. Do something slightly different, where a red shirt instead of a green one, or do something real weird like go lay in a junkyard. I you do something illegal, other people who think they should stop you and have been working together to stop you by building governments for a hundred years, will have a good chance of stopping you. This is just because they decided to do this. This is their structure inside of randomness. If they stop you, then just do something else.

Play the game. Do whatever the fuck you want. You probably live somewhere where you don't have to focus on someone killing you each day. So do something else. Get really good at folding paper. Get really good at juggling. Get good at cutting carrots. Sometimes, other people got good at those things too and made more complicated games out of it, in the forms of jobs or clubs or something. If you really do get good at juggling, you can be a clown, but you have to combine it with the English speaking skill you have.

This means, just do whatever. Nobody will care unless they're playing the game where they should, like your parents or friends. You can be like I'm gonna be sad today or be happy today and they're both options.

Your mental state isn't going to improve until you fix the things causing said mental state; so in this case, these things mean the same. Godspeed, OP