HoF thread

Does pic related belong in the HoF?

I think other nominees included Hines Ward and Ladainian Tomlinson.

I can see Hines and LT getting in, but i'm not quite sold on Mcnabb. He was a good QB, but not quite HoF worthy imo.

HoF thread while we're at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

si.com/nfl/2009/11/04/dirty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No HoF unless you won an owl

much as i love mcnabb, dawkins is the only eagle that will get in from this class

I got love for Donovan and I appreciate all he did for the Eagles but he just isn't a HOFer.

he only threw for 31 TDs in his BEST season.

If he gets in, then that means the overall quality of players for future inductions are going to slide down pretty far. If you let someone like Donovan in, then that means people like Stafford are going to get in someday.

Although, there can be an argument for being one of the better early black QBs that could actually pass. (the other black QBs being Moon and Cunningham). That might help him get in.

>only played four (4) full seasons
>gets nominated

Is the NFL HoF starting to become a meme HoF like the NBA'?

>he only threw for 31 TDs in his BEST season.

so. QB stats got retarded recently. 30 TDs used to be sick

Is this a joke? No he does fucking not.

>Jason Taylor and Zack Thomas nominated

McNabb isn't close. Not really on board with Ward either.

nah

Brady, Peyton, Brees and Rodgers are the only 4 QBs of the last 15 years who are HOF locks (Favre already being there now)

If McNair isn't getting in, then McNabb isn't getting close.

Roethlisberger is a lock

Big Ben and Eli due his autism happening twice plus last name

Theres an argument to be made for his running ability. I think he's one of those guys eternally on teh fringe and gets in if there's ever a lack of nominees

No Brees?

they're maybes, not locks

Might wanna look again bud

Ben plays for the Steelers, will have at least 2 SB rings and will own every major passing record. He's in.

Eli's last name is Manning and he has a few years to pad with OBJ. He's in too.

Roeth is a stone-cold lock
2 Super Bowl rings
currently: 12th all-time yards
12th all-time TDs
9th all-time passer rating (Eli 36th)

Oh, and Ben has a decent chance to add more rings too.

Big Ben is a lock, I don't know what that guy is on. Eli is a maybe but the two rings and name might push him over to getting it after all the locks get inducted

Nah, Eli is a lock.

>2 SB victories
>has 'Manning' as a last name

Even if he didn't win those two superbowls, he would probably still get in by pure nepotism.

Big Ben is a pretty safe assumption for a lock too. If you get nick-named in the NFL, then you must be doing something right. I also actually forgot for a moment that he has a SB victory too. These meme seasons he's having with AB are just icing on the cake.

Is this a serious question?

Professional Eagles fan here - there ain't no way mcNabb is HoF material. He's the opposite of a clutch QB - in any type of important situation his accuracy disintegrated.

Randall Cunningham should get in ahead of him.

Dawkins better get in, he was literally the best player in the league at his position for the better part of a decade.

Compare his stats to Carson Palmer, they're actually pretty similar.

holy shit, I forgot Ben also won in 06....where has the time gone?

I think people will look at Eli's INTs and passer rating (flawed statistic though it is), and pass on him.

Can they really put him in when his rating is lower than contemporaries like Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub, Jay Cutler etc?

It would have to be a very weak class.

>Is this a serious question?

Unfortunately, yes it is, because he was nominated, therefore, there are serious discussions within the group of people who actually decide this shit.

If people in elite groups are actually humoring this thought and not just doing it as a nice 'gesture', then that really tells us what direction the NFL HoF is heading in...

I love Eli but he'll need another ring or at least another SB appearance to push him into the Hall - his INTs have been brutal at times.

Of the 3 from that draft class I reckon:
Roethlisberger - just needs to not fuck up.

Eli - needs either another ring, or to throw no more INTs ever.

Rivers - has hall of fame stats, but that's not enough in this era. A ring would make him an interesting case.

Truly nuts - I've always taken the position that given the strength of those Eagles team early in the Reid era, a better QB would have gotten a SB ring or two, instead of a bunch of NFC conference games.

McNabb was a liability that cost them. It's really warped that it's spun that he led them to all these NFC championship games, instead of pointing out the fact that their last title remains 1960.

As a Raider fan, If Mcnabb makes it, then I would hope to see Rich Gannon get nominated at least. He was my favorite QB. Those early 2000s Raider Teams were fun as fuck to watch. Gannon was slingin' it 40 + times a game before it became the norm. Rice and Brown were a badass tandem too.

I still think about that devastating loss to the Bucs....it fucking kills me

McNabb probably couldn't run a lap anymore.

Don't give a fuck about the hall of fame, but with regards to McNabb and the Eagles.

>miss watching pic related in his prime so hard:( Feel he is one of the most underrated RBs of all time

>Hines Ward
wut? Are you fucking kidding me?

I like Donovan but I doubt he gets in. You won't see me complaining if he does.

Haven't seen this in years. Great play.

>brian westbrook is experiencing memory loss at age 37
>he got kicked off of CSN this year
>his life is now all about raising horses

It was only several years ago when 300 yard games were a big deal. Now QBs can get 300 yards while their team scores 14 points.

I miss those screens

McNabb is not a Hall of Famer. His peak wasn't quite as good as some people think it was and he became an afterthought the last quarter of his career. Exactly the kind of player who need a championship or two to get in and he doesn't have one.

Other top running backs at the time got all of the credit when this dude was a sleeper tearing the league up in his prime.

Eagles fan here; McNabb is Hall of Great, but not Hall of Fame, unfortunately.

Darkins had better get in though. The only reason he wouldn't is that the Hall historically looks down on pure safetys.

There's a huge back log of safeties that should be in. Just now Kenny Easley is getting recognition. It'll be a long time before Dawkins makes it unfortunately.

If Ward gets in, ill literally boycott the commencement ceremony

Not only was he the #2 receiver on his team more than half the years he played but he was the undisputed dirtiest player in the league for his entire tenure ...if he gets in, Owens should be allowed too. At least his shit occured off the field...

>cinciniggers calling a nice WR with a great smile dirty

Wew

that's dumb

>based westbrook

You obviously never watched him in his prime

He was the king of cheap blocks on defenseless players and then running off like a pussy smiling after

One time i saw him literally grab a CB by his facemask and pull him into to get a PI before they were so emphasized so he was able to get away with it

He was a piece of shit

si.com/nfl/2009/11/04/dirty

Go fuck yourself steelerfag

Hall of very good

McNabb was better than McNair

Marino

Kirk Cousins vs the Steelers is a perfect example of this

this nigger literally didn't know football games could end in ties

the only hall he deserves to be in is a bingo hall

What about D Ware. I said yes, but coworkers said the jury was out.

I think if he retired today he'd be in.

ITT: assmad iggles fans

mcnabb is getting in, it became the hall of good a while ago and border line guys like mcnabb who wouldn't get in 20 years ago are gonna get in now.

I'm a mcnabb apologist anyways so it be a big help to me when i'm defending him to other dumb eagles fans who only remeber his last 4 or so seasons here.

>paterno bait thread
>passive aggressive mcnabb thread
holy fuck it's like you guys are intentionally giving me anxiety
leave me alone Sup Forums

Remember user paterno did nothing wrong and the liberal media is only trying to shit on his legacy because he was a real mans man.

No it doesn't at all,because you would have to be retarded to think 31TDs during McNabb's career is equal to the pass happy league and inflated numbers in the current era.